Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Friday 5 June 2009

Groovy Guava!

Hi everyone,
hope that you are having a lovely day and is looking forward to a long weekend. Jonathan has gone of to State Youth Games where 5000 kids get together in Warrigal and camp out in tents and have a sporting competition. It is run by the Church of Christ and our Youth Group from church is going. It will be a cold wet weekend. Jonathan will be playing basketball most of the time so hopefully he won’t get too wet going too and from events. At least he won’t be doing ultimate Frisbee in the mud, but I’m sure there will be some kids who will just love that. I know he will have a great time unfortunately he has a bit of a cold so that isn’t so good.

I thought I would add another couple of cards to my page that I have done in recent times. This card I found just searching around for ideas to use with my From the Garden stamp which I thought was a lovely stamp. I am quite partial to flowers. I have just gotten the 5th Ave. Floral. Mind you having lived in New York for five years how could I not get that stamp. Anyway I found this card and I actually copied it almost to the letter because I liked it so much. I didn’t have the little horizontal slot punch when I made it so I just made a small cut in the paper to put the ribbon through. If you want to look at the card I cased just check out Mary Jo Albright


I stamped the base card in groovy guava with the paisley background stamp then layered some whisper white and designer paper from the secret garden simply scrappin' pack. I stamped on groovy guava card stock twicew the image From the Garden in groovy guava ink then over that image in versa mark with the Canvas background stamp. I punched out several higlight spots to place exactly over the same spot on the first image and also edged the card in groovy guava and added the groovy guava ribbon as well. I know that this is all last years in colour but I didn't actually get my stash until the end of the cat. so I am still working with it and I quite like the colour.

I have also seen this card quite a bit lately although I got the idea from Craft by Carolyn on her blog entry in November last year. There are many versions around and a few tutorials as well. So go serching for them. I made this card for my lovely friend Shaz who is having a big Birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday Shaz!
This is known as a Tri-shutter card and I have done it in the simply scrapin' secret garden set of paper and card. On the back panel is where you would write your note. I think it would be easier for you to check out the tutorials on this one than for me to give you the run down, it is remarkably simple to make but looks great.



Well I hope that you like these couple of cards and that you have a lovely long weekend here in Australia.

Take Care and thanks for stopping in for a look.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's awesome Sharon! Great to see you stamping up a storm :)

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...