Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 24 September 2012

Some More Scrapbook Fun

Hello and welcome.
Today I want to share with you what I have been doing in the way of scrapbooking in the past 3 weeks. I have been participating in the Amazing Race at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia. We have been having so much fun but if you would like to join in it is not too late just head on over for all the details.

Week 1 we had to do a page before we left Australia or task this week was to use Aussie Slang, an Australian flag or animal and a scallop border punch to represent the big iconic structures or Australia.


For the LO I used all Stampin' Up paper and although you can't see it in this photo I have also stamped the background in the new Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad ink it is gorgeous. I have also punched out the butterflies in the new butterfly punch and the new comfort care DSP. To do the Rosettes I used my hot glue gun with the Silicone Craft Sheet that you can find on page 31 of the  Stampin' Up Holiday catalogue.

For this next layout it was our First Detour and we had our letter home blown away so we had to do a LO or 3 card set using the criteria of an envelope, stamp or hidden journalling, I chose hidden journalling.


Again I have used all Stampin' Up paper and buttons and ribbon. I have used different DSP with a hexagon punch that I have from Creative Memories. I have made the pin wheel using the hot glue gun and the silicon mat to make it so much easier to do. The hidden journalling is under the photo which you pull down with the ribbon. The photo of is of us on top of the Mountain in Langkawi after going up in the cable car. It was rather a scary trip.

The next LO is our stop 2 Asia and I got India for my country in Asia. The criteria was to use at least 2 bright colours, have a busy LO and some gold on the LO somewhere.


I have used the new In-Colours from Stampin up for my bright colours not only for the background but also for the flag banner. To make the trunk of the tree I have used the new Textured Impressions Embossing folder with the core'dinations card stock. Once you have put this card stock throught the big shot in the embossing folder you can sand off the top to reveal the inside colour to give added dimension. The Gold is the new champagne glimmer paper from Stampin' Up. There was always mist in Malaysia when we were there so it seemed fitting to have the mist in the background which I just sponged on with the white craft ink. The lovely elephant had a very boney back so it was father hard so I was glad for just a short ride. LOL!

Hope you have enjoyed these pages and are inspired.

Take Care
Sharon


No comments:

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...