Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 11 September 2019

Stampin' Up! - Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 4



Wow the year is just flying along. Can you believe we are at week 4 already. Ssh! it will be Christmas before you know it.

Well tonight I have made a really quick card as I am in preparation for my daughter's 18th in 2 days and we are having a murder mystery dinner  party so we are in full swing organisation mode for that.

My card tonight feature the Merry Moose stamp set but this time no moose! I know what could I be thinking. I wanted you to see that you can make a gorgeous elegant card using other stamps in the set without using the moose if you so choose.
Merry Moose, Rhapsody in Craft, Christmas Cards, Night before Christmas DSP, Come together Ribbon, Hammered Metal, Stampin' Up, 2019 Holiday Catalogue

I have chosen the gorgeous colour of crumb cake and the beautiful ribbon from the come together combo pack and it is just so soft and gorgeous to touch and feel. You need to get some and just hold it and tie bows with it!
Merry Moose, Rhapsody in Craft, Come together ribbon, night before Christmas dsp, Hammered metal, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Stampin' Up, Christmas cards

I have cut out a crumb cake, very vanilla and a polka dot circle using the stitched shape dies and I have stamped the images from the Merry Moose stamp set in Memento ink. You could choose to do it in Crumb Cake, Early Espresso or even soft suede, but if you only had black ink I wanted to show you that it works well. I have backed them in vellum circles cut from the layering circle dies. These were all popped up on dimensionals

The tree is topped with a copper star designer element to match the copper foil layer that I have embossed with the new hammered metal 3D embossing folder. The DSP comes from the Night Before Christmas DSP, I am just loving this pattern in that stack of gorgeous Christmas DSP.
Merry Moose, Crumb Cake, Christmas Cards, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Hammered Metal, Heart of Christmas, Night before Christmas DSP, Come together ribbon, Rhapsody in craft, Stampin Up

I hope you have liked this idea of using the other stamps in the Merry Moose stamp set to make a different card other than a moose card and that you like the more mooted non-traditional colours for a Christmas card.

As always don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this card or any of your stamping up needs, I will be happy to help.


Now please head over to my lovely friend Claire Daly's Blog as she is hosting our hop tonight.

Thank you for spending some of your time with me tonight, now I am off to do some more preparations for murder mystery party. How good was it that Sarah's Birthday fell on Friday the 13th and she loves playing Cluedo?  Take Care,



5 comments:

Claire said...

Lovely! You are really showing the versatility of this stamp set. Thanks for playing along in week 4 of Heart of Christmas.

Judy May said...

Lovely elegant card, Sharon and a great layout too!

Michele Taylor said...

Sharon I would never have looked at this set until I saw your beautiful card. Thanks for showcasing just how versatile it is.

Kate Morgan said...

What a beautiful card, Sharon, that tree is a lovely image. The layout is very clever to draw attention to the images.

Carussell Crafts said...

Such a beautiful card Sharon. I didn't know those stamps were in the stamp set - wow! I love everything about your card.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...