Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 16 August 2018

Stampin' Up - Heart of Christmas - Week 1



Hello and welcome to another beautiful day.

Today the Art With Heart team are starting 12 weeks of Christmas inspiration for you. Cards, tags, gift boxes, decorations, you name it you will be sure to find it in the next few weeks from one of the team.

I love Christmas, so I am excited that it is time for the Heart of Christmas.

For my first week I am using the new stamp set that will be available on September 5 in the New Holiday Catalogue called Illuminated Christmas. I have cased the card in the new catalogue but changed it a little.

I really love this stamp set with the wise men. I have stamped the wise men in memento ink then coloured them using the Stampin’ Blends and so easy to colour. I then cut them out and popped them up on some dimensionals on a piece of Sparkle Glimmer Paper cut out with the stitched shaped framelits dies.
Illuminated Christmas, Heart of Christmas,

I have used the delightfully detailed laser-cut Designer series paper to make the frame which I have attached with the fine tip glue pen.

I have adhered this to a base card of Cherry Cobbler which I have stamped the gorgeous star from the Illuminated Christmas stamp set in cherry cobbler ink and then laid a strip of crumb cake card stock flagged at each end.
Illuminated Christmas

For the sentiment on the front of the card I had to use a fun little trick that I remembered seeing once as the word “Him” is under the rest of the words “Wise men still seek” on the stamp. What I did was get a piece of sticky tape or sellotape over the word “Him” then inked my stamp up in memento ink took of the sticky tape and stamped the words. Cleaned my stamp then put the sticky tape over the other words and inked up the word “Him” took off the sticky tape and stamped “Him” next to the rest of the sentiment.

Then I just used my snail at adhered it to the bottom of the wise men.
Illuminated Christmas, Heart of Christmas, Christmas Cards

On the inside of my card I used the beautiful saying that comes with the stamp set to finish off my card.
Illuminated Christmas

I will pop a list of all the colours I used of my Stampin’ Blends to colour my wise men at the end of my post but for now if you would like any more information on how to make this card or you would like to  get your hands on the new holiday catalogue so you can get this gorgeous stamp set which is available on September 5 please contact me.

Please hop on over to our lovely team leader, the gorgeous Claire Daly to see who else is hopping along for The Heart of Christmas week 1.

Thank you for spending a little time with me today
Take Care

Here is the list of the Stampin’ Blends that I used:
Light Pool Party
Dark Pool Party
Light Pineapple Punch
Dark Pineapple Punch
Light Soft Sea Foam
Dark Soft Sea Foam
Light Blackberry Bliss
Light Smoky Slate
Light Night of Navy
Light Bermuda Bay
Light Pumpkin Pie
Dark Poppy Parade
Light Highland Heather
Light Crumb Cake
Dark Daffodil Delight

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon your colouring is amazing and what a clever idea to use the laser paper as a frame...love it!

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Great take on this card Sharon

Tina said...

Your colouring is fantastic! You're more patient than me with that frame - but the effort was well worth it!

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow, Sharon your card is gorgeous! A lovely subtle sparkle behind the wise men and how clever is your laser cut frame?! Love it!

theresa said...

Lovely card Sharon

Sharon said...

Thank you Cathy, I am really enjoying all the colours of the Stampin' Blends

Sharon said...

Thank you Rachel

Sharon said...

Thank you Tina I am enjoying all the lovely colours of the Stampin' Blends. The frame was a bit of a fun to do so to speak! LOL!

Sharon said...

Thank you Caroline, I really like this new stamp set, the wise men are really sweet!

Sharon said...

Thank you Theresa

Sue Madex said...

Love how you've coloured. What a beautiful card.

Sharon said...

Thank you Sue!

Judy May said...

Such a beautiful card, Sharon. Love how you created the frame; very clever!

Claire said...

Wow, I LOVE this card Sharon. Great colouring and the frame idea is very clever. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with week 1 of Heart of Christmas.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...