Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 27 January 2021

Week 33 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Pear Pizzazz"

 


This week we are the looking at a gorgeous subtle green called Pear Pizzazz.


I have made 3 cards for you today. I needed to make sympathy cards on the weekend for my dear friend as her Uncle passed away very suddenly. I am sure like most of you sympathy cards are not always the easiest to make. As I needed them quickly as I was seeing my friend the next day and I had a migraine I did a little bit of "CASEing" Copy And Share Everything! So I have copied the designs and changed a few elements, stamp sets and colours of the cards to share them with you today
Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

For the first card I have cased Amy Koender's card.
Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

I have chosen to use the lovely vine leaves from the Very Versailles stamp set and the With Deepest Sympathy sentient from the Peaceful moments stamp set along with the Painted Label Dies. 

Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

I stamped the vine leaves a couple of times on the left side before running it through the Cut and Emboss machine with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. I like the way when you have a mostly monochromatic card to add another layer to give just that added dimension which I have her and popped them up on dimensionals before adhering to Thick Whisper white card. After stamping the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz I cut it out with the painted labels die and added a faceted gem before popping up on dimensionals.

Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

My friends Uncle was a lovely man, I knew him too. He was an amazing singer with a deep baritone voice, you would love to him talk as well. A few years back I was privileged to be asked to sing a solo at and Easter service where all our churches from around Melbourne gathered on the Good Friday afternoon, Lionel got up right after I sang to read scripture and said the most lovely thing about my singing which he did not need to do. He was a lovely man and will be deeply missed by many who knew him not just his family.

The next 2 cards were inspired and Cased from Pinky O'Hagan and I have used the same colour combination for both of them as I really loved how the Merry Merlot, Blushing Bride and Garden Green went so well with Pear Pizzazz.

I used the Sale-A-Bration Heal Your Heart sentiment stamp set in combination with the Forever Fern, and Daisy lane Stamp sets and the Forever Flourishing Dies and Medium Daisy Punch plus the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder for card number 2.

Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

Again for this card I have gone with the thick Whisper White card base and used the 6x6 Subtle DSP pack to get my Pear Pizzazz layer.

Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

For my Brick & Mortar layer I first stamped the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz then cut it out with a stitched shaped oval die then I wanted to have that little space where you could see the Pear Pizzazz DSP so I used the layering oval dies a bit larger and cut that oval out before running the layer of whisper white card through the Cut and Emboss machine with the Bick & Mortar 3D embossing folder. It is a great way to be thrifty with your supplies.


At the top and bottom of the bricks I used my Stampin' Write marker in Pear Pizzazz and splattered a bit of ink droplets across the card. Very effective don't you think?

For the spray of flower and leaves I have used a Blushing Bride daisy with a clear faceted gem in the middle and both Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green Leaves, and Merry Merlot buds.

Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

For my third card today I have used the same colours but this time I have added the Woven Heirlooms stamp set to the Forever Fern stamp set.

Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

This card is another lovely soft combination of colours on the Thick Whisper white card base and  Pear Pizzazz DSP layer. For my embossed layer this time I have gone with one of my favourites Scritpy 3D embossing folder.


For the sentiment layering I have used the Ornate Layer Dies. I have a little tip for you. This ornate layer die in Whisper White is actually longer than the card base when the card is in portrait so I cut the die almost to the length I wanted but didn't go all the way through die cutting machine. I then reversed it out of the machine lined the die up with the holes and put the end that wasn't cut through first into the Cut and Emboss machine. I now had it the length I wanted.


The Pear Pizzazz layer of DSP is also cut with the ornate layer dies and I have stamped the Thinking of you in Pear Pizzazz and just added another layer of white on whiter for dimension.

Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

Woven Heirlooms has a beautiful sentiment for the inside of the card so I have used that as well for this card.

Rhapsody in craft, Pear Pizzazz, Heal Your Heart, Forever Fern, Forever Flourishing dies, Daisy Lane, Medium Daisy Punch, Very Versailles, Peaceful Moments, Painted Label Dies, Woven Heirlooms, Scripty 3D, Brick& Mortar 3D, Ornate Layer Dies,  Sale-A-Bration 2021, Stampin' Up,  #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit

Although sympathy card are not the easiest of card to always make, Stampin' Up have the most beautiful array of sentiment stamp sets that you can pair with their gorgeous colours to make very meaningful cards at a not so easy time for your friends and family.


Please head on over to the blog of the host of our weekly Colour Creation Showcase, Cathy Proctor for some more inspiration and to find the list of the Art with Heart team members playing along with this weeks colour of Pear Pizzazz: Cathy's blog


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,

12 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, I am so sorry you have had to make these cards. Lionel sounds like he was an amazing person and I'm sure your soft and beautiful cards will be very much appreciated by the recipients. They are all so lovely I cannot chose a favourite! Thank you for joining the AWHT CCS this week xx

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

You've done a beautiful job of putting these cards together, especially given how unwell you were feeling, Sharon. They are all so pretty. Lovely use of Pear Pizzazz. x

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Such beautiful cards for a sad occasion Sharon. I’m sure your friend appreciated them

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Really beautiful cards Sharon. I'm sorry you needed to create them for such a sad occasion, but you have done a lovely job. How gorgeous is Merry Merlot with those colours? We never use it enough.

Tina said...

Oh, Sharon, I'm so sorry that you had to make sympathy cards this week. Lionel sounds like a lovely person, and someone who will be missed very much. I find sympathy cards the hardest type of card to make, you've done an amazing job to make three gorgeous cards.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh wow, all of your cards are stunning, Sharon. The first one is so simple, but oh so effective. I need to case that one! The mass foliage display on the other two cards are just amazing and love the pops of colour amongst them. So sorry that you had to create for such a sad occasion; Lionel sounds like an amazing man xx

Claire said...

Your friends Uncle sounds like a lovely man. I'm sorry for his loss. Your cards are SO beautiful and I am sure the one you send will mean a lot to your friend. I found myself needing to g back and look at all the detail, they are just so amazing.

Carussell Crafts said...

Three absolutely beautiful cards Sharon. I'm so sorry for your friends loss of her Uncle. You have done such a beautiful job on all three of them under the fog of a migraine headache. xx

Andrea said...

Beautiful cards Sharon. You are amazing. Creating such lovely cards when struggling yourself. I am sorry for your loss. I know your cards will bring comfort. xxx

Diane Furniss said...

Sharon these are such beautiful card for such a sad occasion. I know they would be well appreciated. Sorry for your loss. I hope you are feeling better yourself soon as well. Hugs Diane xx

Michele Taylor said...

Three absolutely stunning cards Sharon that will bring a little bit of colour into your friends life at such a dark time.

Ros said...

Lovely cards and sorry you weren't feeling the best but you've done a fabulous job on all three of them.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...