Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Tuesday 21 August 2018

Stampin' Up - Art With Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop Week 12 - Coastal Cabana



Welcome to another week of gorgeous colour creations from the Art With Heart team. This week Coastal Cabana is our focus and it is just a beautiful colour and I am so glad that it is one of the returning colours in the revamp this year.

Each week Cathy is hosting our blog hop so make sure you pop on over to her blog to check out the list of others who are sharing inspiration on this colour this week!

For my card this week I have used the Abstract Impressions stamp set. I think this is just the most beautiful stamp set and reminds me so much of the the beautiful paintings of Monet and Van Gogh. The absolutely gorgeous DSP that I have used with this stamp set is the Garden Impressions and it is simply beautiful.
Abstract Impressions, Costal Cabana, Garden Impressions, Stampin' Up, Thank you cards,

To make this card I punched out a mask with the Tailored Tag punch just in a piece of paper.
From this starting point I started to stamp my flowers in the gorgeous Coastal Cabana. I first stamped the background stamp off on a piece of paper and then onto the card so that the ink was a little bit lighter. Then I stamped the thinner darker lines in full strength coastal cabana ink.
Abstract Impressions, Coastal Cabana, Stampin' Up

When you have finished putting as many flowers as you would like and a few leaves in old olive take off your mask and you are left with a lovely clean area to stamp a sentiment. I then put my card in the stamparatus to make sure that I had my thank you in the correct spot and also so I can stamp over it again if I wanted to to make sure it is just the right amount of dark. I did this in Night of Navy.
Abstract Impressions, Thank you card, Garden impressions, Stampin' Up, DIY cards, Coastal Cabana

As you can see I have drawn around the edge of the shape of the mask with my Stampin' Write marker and it gives it such a look of depth and that I have stamped flowers all the way under the sentiment. I added a little bow of ribbon as I just love ribbon but you could definitely leave it out and it would be just such an easy card to pop in the post to one of your friends. The ribbon is the Classic weave ribbon in whisper white.
Abstract Impressions, Garden Impressions, Tailored Tag, Thank you card, Stampin' Up, DIY Cards
When I was putting this card together I asked my daughter what she thought and she thought that putting the card on a Coastal Cabana base might be too much. I hadn't put it together at that stage and she thought maybe a white card base. Well, I thought I would make it in both card bases and let you decide. Sarah and I have decided which one we like the best, how about you?

Don't forget to hop over to Catherine's blog to see who else is playing with Coastal Cabana this week.

If you have any questions about how to make this card or would like the supplies to make this fun and easy card don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for spending some of your time with me today
Take Care

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the watercolored softness of your Monet inspired cards Sharon...just gorgeous. and both the Whisper White and the Coastal Cabana backgrounds look equally lovely. Thanks for hopping along on the colour Creations blog hop.

Kate Morgan said...

Aww pretty, Sharon, get tip with the masking!

Diane Furniss said...

Really Lovely Card Sharon,

Claire said...

Such a pretty result from your masking technique Sharon. Those flowers look really beautiful in Coastal Cabana and I love your detailed instructions :)

Carussell Crafts said...

A soft and pretty card Sharon. I think I'm with Sarah on this one and I prefer the white base :)

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...