Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 2 March 2022

Week 38 - Colour Creations Blog Hop = Pumpkin Pie

 

Today we are looking at the Bright colour of Pumpkin Pie! I don't think it is really a colour I put my hand on very often if I am honest but this week I have combined it with So Saffron and the gorgeous Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set as like all of the world the people of Ukraine have been on my mind.
I came across a simple stamping technique called Split Card Technique and thought how cool  this was and with a little bit of masking technique thrown in you can take this card from beginner to stepped up in no time!
Rhapsody in craft, Pumpkin Pie, Jan-Jun Mini 2022, Celebrate Sunflowers, Stampin Blends, Thank you cards, Birthday Card, Special Momnets, Split card Technique, Lovely labels pick a punch, Stampin Up, #colourcreationsbloghop

So how did I make these 2 cards? Well I am glad you asked!

It first involved a little bit of maths to make sure I had measured my piece of Basic white the correct size. You know what the normal layer size would be multiply by 2 but keep it all as 1 piece.

So the idea is to have 1 piece of card stock stamp your design and then cut it in half. (Now you know why I was working out the maths, not normally an issue but for some reason today my head was not working) So I first stamped the large Sunflower in the middle and then I stamped it on a scrap piece of copy paper and cut it out with my paper snips and placed it over the already stamped image and then stamped another sunflower. I did this all up the centre. I then took the small sunflower and continued using my mask to add more sunflowers and leaves.

When I was happy with the amount of sunflowers and leaves I went to colouring them with the Stampin' Blends. I combined the Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie and the Light and Dark So Saffron and a little Light Crumb cake for the flowers and the leaves are Dark Soft Succulent and Light Evening Evergreen. I have stamped the flowers in Early Espresso as I wanted to make sure the petals were very distinctive especially since the flowers were going to overlap each other.

Now the scary but fun part, cut the card in half to get your 2 card fronts.
Rhapsody in craft, Pumpkin Pie, Jan-Jun Mini 2022, Celebrate Sunflowers, Stampin Blends, Birthday Card, Thank you cards,Special Momnets, Split card Technique, Lovely labels pick a punch, Stampin Up, #colourcreationsbloghop

Both of the cards I have layered on Pumpkin Pie card and then onto a base of Thick Basic White.
Rhapsody in craft, Pumpkin Pie, Jan-Jun Mini 2022, Celebrate Sunflowers, Stampin Blends,Thank you card, Special Momnets, Split card Technique, Lovely labels pick a punch, Stampin Up, #colourcreationsbloghop

This first card I have kept very simple and have stamped the greeting straight onto the white space in Early Espresso and then adhered to the card base layers. The greeting is from the Sale-A-Bration stamp set Special Moments.
Rhapsody in craft, Pumpkin Pie, Jan-Jun Mini 2022, Celebrate Sunflowers, Stampin Blends, Birthday Card, Special Momnets, Split card Technique, Lovely labels pick a punch, Stampin Up, #colourcreationsbloghop

For this second card I have stamped the happy birthday from the Special Moments stamp set and then used the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch to create the label and the layer behind in Early Espresso. To also step this card up just a little I have added some Elegant faceted Gems and a little bit of frayed gold shimmer ribbon behind the greeting which is popped up on dimensionals.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our Pumpkin pie Journey and this week we will be heading to the lovely Rosa Leyden. I love the name of her blog, hum and stamp what a great way to spend the day. I can't wait to see what she has for us this week, last week she made a great fancy fold card that made me think of all our years spent living in the US.

If for any reason there is a faulty link then please head to our weekly host the lovely Cathy Proctor and on her blog she will have the list of everyone participating this week with Pumpkin Pie: Cathy's Blog!

If you would like to contact me at all to get your hands on the new Jan-Jun Mini or those last minute Sale-A-Bration items or any of your crafting needs please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,


8 comments:

Carussell Crafts said...

Sharon, your masking looks magic! Two wonderful cards using the Split Stamping Technique. Thoughts are most certainly on the people of Ukraine. So much sadness, heartbreak and uncertainty.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

That is some impressive masking, Sharon! Lovely cards using this clever (and economical!) technique. x

Kate Morgan said...

This is a great technique I am yet to try. I'm very impressed with your masking and these gorgeous sunshine bring happiness with everything going on in the world right now. Great cards!

Rachel Palmieri said...

Love the way you've used the sunflower stamp here to create two stunning cards. I must give this a try.

theresa said...

Sharon you have created 2 stunning cards with your nifty technique and the masking would have been a challenge which you have mastered. Just lovely.

Rosa Leyden said...

Fabulous cards Sharon and your masking and placement of the sunflowers is spot on. You have really mastered this technique.

Andrea Sargent said...

Two delightful cards Sharon. I so appreciate your choice of the sunflowers in thinking of those in Ukraine. Your use of masking is brilliant. Xxx

Tina said...

WOW!! Your cards are so beautiful, but the reason you made them is so heartbreaking. The masking and colouring is awesome.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...