Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 5 August 2024

Heart of Christmas 2024 - Week 1

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024, Double swing fold card, Swing fold Card, fancy fold, Greetings of the season, Christmas card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP, Seasons of Green and Gold Suite, Changing Leaves embossing folder, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #loveitchopit



Welcome to week 1 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop for 2024. Each week until the end of November on a Monday, members of the Art with Heart team will bring you some Christmas inspiration so you will be ready with all your Christmas cards, packaging needs and decorating inspiration in time for Christmas.

This week I thought I had better start with a fancy fold. If you were playing along at home last Wednesday with out Bubble Bath Colour creations blog hop I let you know that I was trying a card and I had tried a couple of times and couldn't stick the landing. I had watched a couple of different tutorials on this particular fold and still couldn't make the fold work just right. Well I found yet another tutorial and using different measurements I think I have finally scored!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024, Double swing fold card, Swing fold Card, fancy fold, Greetings of the season, Christmas card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP, Seasons of Green and Gold Suite, Changing Leaves embossing folder, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #loveitchopit

Today my fancy fold is called a double swing fold card! I have made a single swing fold card before and you can find that one here for our Summer Splash colour creation blog hop.

The reason I think I manage to get this one to work finally is because this was made with a piece of card stock 10 x 6 inches rather than the 12 x 6 inches of the 2 other tutorials I had been watching or maybe it was the person giving the tutorial. Laura Stranks from Brisbane!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024, Double swing fold card, Swing fold Card, fancy fold, Greetings of the season, Christmas card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP, Seasons of Green and Gold Suite, Changing Leaves embossing folder, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #loveitchopit

I have used a card base of Mossy Meadow and layered with Very Vanilla and the gorgeous paper is the Seasons of Green and Gold Specialty DSP. 
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024, Double swing fold card, Swing fold Card, fancy fold, Greetings of the season, Christmas card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP, Seasons of Green and Gold Suite, Changing Leaves embossing folder, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #loveitchopit
When you lay the card out flat you can see all the different section. I have stamped the sentiment in Versamark and gold heat embossed. The stamp set is the Greetings of the Season stamp set and this along with the DSP is part of the Seasons of Green and Gold Suite Collection that is an online exclusive. You may notice that I have embossed the 2 side panels with the Changing Leaves Hybrid Embossing Folder.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024, Double swing fold card, Swing fold Card, fancy fold, Greetings of the season, Christmas card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP, Seasons of Green and Gold Suite, Changing Leaves embossing folder, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #loveitchopit
If you flip the card over you will see the front 2 side sections which I have also embossed in the Changing leaves folder but I have added die cuts from the Green and Gold Specialty DSP and a vellum leaf from the Graceful Greenery Vellum. I then gold embossed Merry Christmas on Very Vanilla and fussy cut that out. Here also on the back there is a place to write your message.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024, Double swing fold card, Swing fold Card, fancy fold, Greetings of the season, Christmas card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP, Seasons of Green and Gold Suite, Changing Leaves embossing folder, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #loveitchopit

I have made a little video of the card opening and closing for you so you can see the double swing card in action.
I do hope you have enjoyed my first project for the Heart of Christmas 2024

If you would like any information about my project today, please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next person on our Heart of Christmas inspiration journey and tonight you will be heading to Rosa Leyden, I can't wait to see what she has for us. Hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.

If for any reason one of your next blog buttons doesn't take you to where you think you should go come back to my blog each week as I have the privilege to host our Heart of Christmas blog hop and I will have the list of our wonderful team members participating and you can continue your blog hop from the list.

Rosa Leyden

Christine Blain

Theresa Gerrard

Kate Morgan

Claire Daly

Kathryn Mangelsdorf

Rachel Woollard

Andrea Sargent

Judy May

Cathy Proctor

Sharon Davern   <= You are here

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, and please come back next Monday for more Christmas inspiration, take care, 

14 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow, Sharon, I'm so excited yo managed to work this fold out - I love your double swing fold card! Love the sound effects in the video too!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness me, you are amazing to stick with it and get the results. All the lovely gold elements add an extra touch of elegance to an already amazing fun fold design!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Now THIS is a "wow" card! Beautifully decorated, Sharon - and go you, persevering until you achieved the result you were after. I love how you divided the "Merry" and "Christmas" on the front panels, and embossed the leaves inside. Gorgeous work.

Andrea said...

Oh wow oh wow. A stunning card Sharon. I am so glad you persevered and worked out the fold. It is amazing. I will have to give this fold a go. I love it. Using the Green & Gold Speciality DSP made your amazing card extra amazing. So gorgeous xxx

Rosa Leyden said...

Oh Sharon what an amazing mechanism. I love watching the video and seeing it unfold. Very elegant!

Anonymous said...

I certainly did enjoy your double swing fold card, it’s amazing. Great video too.

Rachel Woollard said...

That was my comment above, sorry

theresa said...

Such an amazing double swing fancy fold card that features the new papers beautifully. Your determination has paid off to create a fabulous card.

theresa said...

What an amazing double swing fancy fold card that features the new papers beautifully. So happy you persisted to create this fabulous card.

Bevie Pooh said...


Wow, another card I just love. Do you have a tutorial for this card.
Blessings, Bev

Claire Daly said...

Oh my goodness. This is amazing Sharon! So glad you got there in the end as it's a masterpiece!

Sharon said...

Hello Bev, I don't have a tutorial as I mentioned in my blog I used a tutorial by Laura Stranks. Try this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKj2y_UOE4E&list=LL&index=1&t=157s

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Wow what a very special fancy fold card. The green and gold designer series paper makes this card oh so beautiful as well.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning fancy fold card with this gorgeous green and gold paper, Sharon. It is the perfect complement for an elegant and sumptious look.

Heart of Christmas - 2024 - Week 7 - Merry Christmas Pop Up Gift Box

  Welcome to the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop week 7 for 2024. Each week on a Monday from August - end of November the Art with Heart team wi...