Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 21 June 2017

The Heart of Christmas - Week 4




Hello and welcome to another beautiful day.

How have you been going with singing this week? Have you been able to get Santa Claus is coming to town out of your head? 😊

In this week’s Heart of Christmas get together I have made a simple card that you can make multiples of so let the countdown continue …..there are only 24 Wednesdays including today until the last week of November. 

Today I used the Seasonal Bells stamp set on page 123 of the annual catalogue. Don’t you just love bells? My Auntie collected bells when I was growing up and she had quite a few different ones and I loved looking at them whenever we visited. 




I have used 3 of our embossing powders, to show you the difference and how easy it is to make this quick card. When I showed my husband he really liked then new copper trim that I used on the copper bell card. I must say the new trim and ribbons in the new catalogue are amazing. 

In lovely Copper.


I love ribbon and I just can’t get enough of them but I am promising myself this year that I will not just look at how gorgeous they are I will use them on my cards and projects. 
 In lovely Gold.
 

In lovely Silver.

You will find the detailed instructions on how to make this card and what products were used at the end of this post.

For more Christmas inspired fun pop over to our team leader's blog, ClaireDaly, for her card and a list of other team members who have joined in this week.

Don’t forget to contact me for more information on how to make this card, on how to get your hands on the new Annual Catalogue and any of your Stampin’ Up goodies.

Hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for spending some time with me.

Take Care


To make this Seasonal Bell card you need to:
1.           Cut your Cherry Cobbler A4 card stock in half and then fold in half for your card base
2.         Cut a piece of Be Merry DSP 14.5 cm x 10 cm
3.         Using your Big shot and your 2nd largest square stitched shapes framelits to cut a Cherry Cobbler square.
4.        Using the Layering Square Framelits and the square just larger than your Cherry Cobbler square cut a Whisper White square. Then adhere to the back of the cherry cobbler square.
5.         Choose Silver, Copper, Gold or all 3 embossing powders to use to emboss your bells and sentiment.
6.        On Whisper White card stock rub over 1 quarter with your embossing buddy.
7.        With VersaMark stamp your bells and sentiment leaving a little space around them so that you can punch out the bells and cut out the sentiment. Then pour over your chosen embossing powder and set with your heat tool.
8.        Punch out the bells using the bell punch.
9.        With the Bunch of Banners Framelits use your big shot to cut out your sentiment. It fits perfectly!
10.    Choose the ribbon that matches your embossing powder (gold, silver 3.2mm ribbon or copper trim) cut 1 x 16.5 cm and 1 x 10 cm
11.       Adhere the 16.5 cm length ribbon/trim to the centre of your Be Merry DSP then adhere the DSP to the front of your card base.
12.     Adhere your square  2 cm from the top of the card
13.     Adhere your bells to the square with dimensionals
14.    With your other piece of ribbon/trim thread the ribbon under the ribbon you have on the card and tie a bow just above the bells.
15.     Adhere your sentiment at the bottom of the card with dimensionals
 For more product information check out the list below.
PRODUCTS
Stamps
Seasonal Bells
Card Stock and Papers
Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Be Merry DSP
Ink
 VersaMark,
Acecessories / Embellishments
3.2mm Silver Ribbon, 3.2mm Gold Ribbon, Copper Trim, Silver, Gold and Copper Embossing Powder
Tools
Bell Punch, Bunch and Banners Framelits, Layering Square Framelits, Stitched Shapes, Framelits, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals,  Trimmer, Fast fuse, Paper snips, bone folder


14 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Great card design, Sharon. I love how you've achieved different looks by switching the ribbons and embossing powders; very clever!

Tina said...

Your cards are fabulous. Despite how lovely the Copper Trim is, I'm a silver girl though and through!

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, I love how you included the story of your Aunt's bell collection in this blog. I'm with Tina, the silver is my favourite.

Jan Collins said...

love them

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Love all your bell cards Sharon and how you have shown them in the 3 colours they look fantastic!!
Mon xx

Sharon said...

Thanks Christine, it is amazing how different they all look!

Sharon said...

I am falling in love with copper I must admit but silver is a Christmas fav!

Sharon said...

Silver is an all time Christmas Fav but I am falling in love with copper I hope we get to keep it for a long time. We didn't get to see my Auntie often as we lived in Tasmania and it was so cost prohibitive to visit the mainland growing up so I remember the bells.

Sharon said...

Thanks Jan, they really came out so different to each other.

Sharon said...

Thanks Mon, I really love them in all 3 colours, I will have to make some more they were so simple and quick to make!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh Sharon, what a wonderful layout and even using the different ribbon colours, makes them all so individual. Fantastic!

Carussell Crafts said...

Beautiful set of cards Sharon, I can't decide which embossing colour I love the best but I'd probably say copper and especially with the copper trim ribbon, just gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Thanks Kate, they really do look so different it is quite amazing.

Sharon said...

Thanks Caroline, the copper does look so gorgeous in real life I must admit!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...