Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 22 June 2017

Stampin' Up - Favourite New Bundle



Today the Art with Heart Team girls are showing you their favourite bundles from the 2017 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. Bundles make creating a breeze, because of the perfect coordination. It's a bonus that you get 10% off by bundling the products together too. There are 24 bundles in the new catalogue so ask us about them, or for a catalogue today!

When I heard that the theme of our blog hop was favourite bundle I couldn’t wait until I could get my hands on the Climbing Orchid Bundle. Oh, how I love Orchids. I had orchids and frangipani in my wedding bouquet.

Didn’t my Mum do a fantastic job of my bouquet?
She even hand made the flowers for the top of my cake? The Cake tins we used for my cakes are the same tins that were used for my Grandparents wedding cake and my parents wedding cake. All of this is why I just had to have the Climbing Orchid Bundle.

Here is my card and I know it isn’t an orchid it is a frangipani!



  

I have cut out the petals of the fragipani with the largest 3 petal shape from the Orchid Builder Framelits and then cut them into individual petals to a slight point to where the centre of the flower will be. With my bone folder I have just rolled each petal to give it some curve. I have added the colour to the white frangipani with the water colour pencil, daffodil delight and pumpkin pie. All the petals are joined together with some Multi liquid Glue laying one on top of the other at the center point and working your way around.




To finish of the little bouquet I have used tranquil tide card stock stamped with the leaves from the climbing orchid stamp set and then cut out using the framelits, all placed on a lace doily with berry burst ribbon and layered on colour theory designer series paper.




The sentiment punched out with the Duet Banner Punch and inside text of the card are from the stamp set Special Celebrations.

Now for some more favourite bundle fun continue on with the blog hop by clicking on the next arrow and head over to the lovely Monika


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:


Hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for spending some time with me.

Take Care

20 comments:

Tina said...

Aww, your card is lovely! How special that so many generations of women have used the same cake tins for their wedding cakes.

Rachel Palmieri said...

Your frangipani are gorgeous Sharon.I can understand why you'd be happy to have this bundle.

Handmade by Kimberly said...

I love this bundle too Sharon and you just created another way of using the Climbing Orchid bundle which is very clever. Love the card xx

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Beautiful!!! card Sharon your frangipani looks so real and your colours work so well together. Your wedding cake is gorgeous too.
Mon xx

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Beautiful card Sharon, great way to use this set

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow Sharon, your card is beautiful! I love your choice of colour and your frangipani is just gorgeous! x :)

Christine Blain said...

Well, how clever are you, creating frangipani with the orchid dies?! Love the story of the cake tins, too - how special. x

Kate Morgan said...

Oh Sharon that is just too clever, creating a frangipani from the orchids! Your wedding cake is gorgeous too and how lovely to use the same tins that your grandparents used for their cake. I love frangipani, it reminds me of our holiday to Thailand a few years ago ;) This bundle is on my wish list too!

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon I just love the personal story. I also had frangipanis for my wedding and I would never have thought to use this bundle to create frangipanis!

Sharon said...

Thanks Tina, yes very special as the fruit cake recipe was my Grandfathers that he used to make the cake for their wedding and my Mums wedding too!

Sharon said...

Thanks Rachel, yes I couldn't wait to get my hands on the bundle just for this reason! :)

Sharon said...

Thanks Kimberly, I really loved how it turned out!

Sharon said...

Thanks so much Mon. I'm still having trouble believing that we've been married for 25 years however.

Sharon said...

Thanks Rachel, I just wanted to do something a little different!

Sharon said...

Thanks Caroline, I really loved how it turned out too!

Sharon said...

Thanks Christine, I thought I would try and see if I could and I really like how they turned out!

Sharon said...

Thanks Kate, I just love frangipani too and there is a long story to how we got them for my bouquet. My poor Mum! I'm really happy with how they turned out. I can't believe that photo is over 25 years old and the cake tins wow were used in 1933 by my granparents.

Sharon said...

Oh Catherine how fantastic that we both had frangipanis for our wedding. I just saw this bundle and thought I had to give it a go and see if I could make them and I am happy with how they turned out!

Gloria S said...

I love these flowers but never knew the name of them Now, I do. Your card is nothing BUT, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lice it. I'm going to case your card for sure! I wasn't able to subscribe to your blog?

Sharon said...

Hi Gloria, thank you I would be honored if you cased my card, I'm glad you liked it. I have just checked the e-mail subscription link and tried it myself and it is working so please try again. Once you hit the submit button after you put in your e-mail it will come up with a box to confirm you want to subscribe. You will get an e-mail confirming your subscription. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Have a lovely day.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...