Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 24 August 2017

Stampin' Up - New Holiday Catalogue - Art With Heart Blog Hop




Hello Lovely Friends,
Tonight some of the Art with Heart Stampin’ Up! team girls are sharing some fun and fabulous ideas to inspire you from our brand new Holiday Catalogue available on 1st September until 2nd January 2018. Be sure to request your copy of the catalogue today!

Do you remember the Christmas carol The Little Drummer Boy? Well when I saw this new bundle I just had to get it!

 I sang this carol as a solo in my grade 2 Christmas pageant 40 years ago shh!  Well Musical Seasons and Musical Instrument Framelit Die bundle brought back all the happy memories! I’m sure I was nervous but maybe that was what helped steer me on the path of becoming a music teacher!


For my first card today I have used the gorgeous Merry Music Specialty DSP and I have cleared embossed the Little Drummer Boy and then using my sponge dauber with night of navy ink I have given him a little shadow. I have gone over the embossing using the emboss resist technique. Making sure to wipe the residual ink off the embossed drummer boy with a tissue. Subsequently I used my sponge dauber to add some night of navy to the edges of the paper and without adding any more ink to the sponge I have lightly gone over the rest of the music paper just to give it a little hint of blue.

I had to put the words on the cards as well so I have stamped them using the Labeler Alphabet in memento and popped them up using the mini dimensionals.

How gorgeous is the Vintage Crochet trim that I have attached to the edges of this card? You are going to love it, it is so soft and just beautiful, you will want to put it on all your projects!

The middle of the card is always lovely to decorate and this stamp set comes with a beautiful verse for Christmas.

My second card I think will be perfect for my friend in Minnesota. She plays the French horn and as Christmas time is also in the winter there as opposed to summer here in Australia, this card is for her.

This bundle comes with lovely framelits that you can use to cut out your stamped images and also a French horn and treble clef which I have done here in the new Champagne Foil paper. Oh, I am in love! Move over Copper foil! It is gorgeous! I have accompanied it with the new Foil Snowflakes that come in silver and gold. This one is the silver snowflake that I have cut in half. I have adhered them with the fine tip glue pen to the beautiful Merry Music Paper, this time I have used the black background image.

Peace, Joy and love have been clear embossed on smoky slate card stock when stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink and popped up on some dimensionals.

I have stamped the inside once more with the lovely verse that comes with this stamp set Musical Seasons and added a touch of the Merry Music Speciality DSP.


For more product information about both cards check out the list below.
PRODUCTS
Stamps
Musical Season, Labeler Alphabet
Card Stock and Papers
Whisper White, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Cherry Cobbler, Merry Music Specialty DSP.
Ink
Versamark, Night of Navy, Memento, Cherry Cobbler
Acecessories / Embellishments
Vintage Crochet trim, Rhinestone basic jewels
Tools
Paper Snips, heat tool, Musical instruments framelits, , finetip glue pen, sponge dauber, embossing buddy, clear emboss powder, big shot, stampin’ dimensionals,  fast fuse, trimmer

Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented and lovely Kimberly Hern. 



https://kimhern.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/awht-august-blog-hop-holiday-catalogue.html?fref=gc
    
If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
Hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for spending some time with me.
Take Care



16 comments:

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Lovely cards Sharon, something a bit different for Christmas. Great colour combo

Tina said...

These are lovely, Sharon! Little Drummer Boy is my husband's favourite carol, and it always brings tears to my eyes too.

Christine Blain said...

I especially like your second card, Sharon, and love how you've personalised it for your friend. Lovely projects!

Kate Morgan said...

Wonderful cards Sharon, but now I am going to be singing that Carol all night :) I love how you used the Labeler Alphabet too!

Cathy Proctor said...

What a great combination of sets Sharon...I love how you've used the labeller set to personalise this card!

Handmade by Kimberly said...

Sharon, these are very different and lovely cards! I especially love the letters with Labeler Alphebet and how you distress around the drummer boy, a very cool technique! xx

Sharon said...

Thanks Tina, yes it is one of my favourites and my Dad's as well. I will have to do a few more varieties using him that is for sure.

Sharon said...

Thanks Rachel

Sharon said...

Thanks Christine, yes we have played a lot of music together when I lived in Minnesota so it is nice to have some great music products to make cards with!

Sharon said...

Thanks Kate, I know I can't get it out of my head either, I nearly put Pa rum pum pum pum in there too! But that was far too many word. Try getting that out of your head now! (hehe!)

Sharon said...

Thanks Catherine, I am really liking using the labeler set to add parts of the carol to cards!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Thanks Kimberly, I was trying for something a little different. Yes I am loving how we can use the labeler alphabet to add words from the carol!

Carussell Crafts said...

Great cards Sharon, I love them both! The little drummer boy card reminds me of my favourite dvd story of the little drummer boy. :)

Judy May said...

Lovely cards, Sharon. Clear embossing the drummer boy gives a lovely soft effect.

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Beautiful cards Sharon, your drummer boy card with words from the song is just gorgeous, i love that song too. Your second card is equally stunning the champagne foil is so effective. xx

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...