Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Heart of Christmas - Week 19






Hello and welcome to another beautiful day.

Hope you have had a wonderful week.  We had such a beautiful day in Melbourne yesterday and are expecting one today as well. Spring is definitely here and so is the warmer weather which I like.

I am very much liking finding some different fancy folds to do for our Christmas cards and after using The Bethlehem Edgelits Dies last week I just had to use them again this week and do a little twist on the card we made.

So I have made a Triple Banner Standing Card and paired it with the Bethlehem Edgelits Dies and Star of Light stamp set this week.




This card has fewer pieces to cut than last week but I still think is just as effective. As you can see I have come back to my favourite copper for this card and have embossed the sentiment at the top of the card in copper embossing powder and I also used the copper foil paper. I know I can’t help myself!

 I have taken a few different shots of the card so you can get a good idea of how I put it together as well as how it stands so easily.


It folds perfectly flat to fit into the Stampin’ Up envelopes



On the back of course adding a simple decorated piece of whisper white card so that you can write your own personal message.

I have made a short video tutorial showing how to put all the layers together.


Here are all the measurements that you will need to make this Triple Panel Standing Card together:
Basic Grey base card 15 x 21 cm
On the 21cm side score at 5.1 cm (2”) and at 8 cm
Turn card around completely around so that you are still scoring on the 21cm side of the card and score at 5.1 cm (2”) and at 8 cm. I just found this easier to work out in my head to do it this way.
Fold All Score lines so that the middle is out towards you. ((mountain fold) and the other 2 folds are valley folds))
Night of Navy
Cut 3   4.8 x 14.6 cm
Cut 1    10.2 x 8.3 cm
Whisper White
Cut 1x   9.5 x 7.5 cm
Cut 1x   4.8 x 14.6 cm
Designer Series Paper of choice
Cut 3x   4.4 x 14.2 cm

On a small piece of Whisper White card stock stamp sentiment in Versamark and sprinkle with copper emboss powder and heat set with your heat tool. Cut out using your Stitched Shaped framelits. Cut the next size up in Night of Navy card stock from your Layering Oval Framelits.
Also cut a small amount of Copper foil sheet to use with the Bethlehem Edgelit dies and for your Shepherd’s and star.
To get you Shepherd to face the other way with your copper foil paper just turn the paper upside down and cut out your shepherd. Now you will have 1 facing both directions. *
Cut out 2 shepherds in Basic Black card stock as well.
When cutting out your basic black Bethlehem town make sure you don’t roll your edgelit all the way through the big shot so that it doesn’t cut it off then you will be able to lengthen it a little or a lot to suit your purposes.








For more product information for on this card check out the list below.
PRODUCTS
Stamps
Star of Light
Card Stock and Papers
Whisper White, Basic Grey, Night of Navy,Copper Foil Sheets, Year of Cheer Specialty DPS
Ink
Night of Navy, VesaMark
Acecessories / Embellishments

Tools
Bethlehem Edgelits Dies, Trimmer, paper snips, fast fuse, bone folder, copper embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, sponge dauber.

Claire Daly our Art with Heart team leader is hosting The Heart of  Christmas so hop on over to her blogto see the list of who played along this week from the Art with Heart team.
Please contact me for any more information on how to make this card, on how to get your hands on the Annual Catalogue, the Holiday Catalogue and any of your Stampin’ Up goodies.
Hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for spending some time with me.

Take Care

7 comments:

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Gorgeous card Sharon, so many beautiful details, colours go so well together xx

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon your card is so detailed and simply stunning! wow!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh, now that's a different fold, Sharon. You have put so much work into it and it certainly paid off, bravo!

Sharon said...

Thanks Mon, I really like these colours together! xx

Sharon said...

Thanks Cathy, I had fun putting it together and I loved how it come out! xx

Sharon said...

Thanks Kate, just been inspired to try different fancy folds from the blog hop the other week. xx

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow! Stunning! Beautiful! Clever! Oh my goodness! I love it! :)

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...