Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 21 August 2019

Stampin' Up! - Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 1

Merry Christmas To All, Let it snow DSP, Heart of Christmas, Holiday Catalogue 2019, Rhapsody in Craft



How exciting this is the first week of the Heart of Christmas for 2019. I love Christmas and love making Christmas cards.

Each week  on a Wednesday until the end of November the Art with Heart team will be bringing to you some Christmas inspiration for you to try at home.

As it is still quite cool in Melbourne and we are still getting some cold weather I thought I would use the gorgeous Let it snow speciality DSP from the new Holiday Catalogue for my card and it will be available on September 4th. So get your wish list started.

Merry Christmas to all, Let it snow DSP, Christmas Cards, Heart of Christmas, Rhapsody in Craft, Holiday Catalogue 2019

This card is really easy to make and I thought I would give you an idea of what to do when you have made all your other cards with your lovely Designer Series paper. Keep this one in mind. You will have little strips left over. Make a card like this! I have used Real Red and Shaded Spruce for the card base, and then used the layering circle dies for the sentiment. Now of course I have combined both the Annual Catalogue and the New Catalogue in this card as the Merry Christmas is from the stamp set Merry Christmas to All in the Annual Catalogue and the ribbon is the Real Red Cotton Ribbon from the annual catalogue as well as I wanted the 1 cm ribbon for this card not the gorgeous wider ribbon in the new Holiday catalogue but you might want a wider ribbon. You chose!

Now don't forget all cards need a bit of bling and the Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots from the New Holiday catalogue are just the perfect thing to have for all of your Christmas projects.

Thanks for spending some time with me this week and make sure you head over to my dear friend Claire Daly who is our team leader and who is hosting our Heart of Christmas blog hops to find the list of those participating.

If you would like a copy of the New Holiday catalogue or instructions on how to make this card please don't hesitate to contact me.

Take Care


16 comments:

Catherine Proctor said...

This is a great idea for using up strips of DSP Sharon, such a lovely card x

Carussell Crafts said...

Great card Sharon, and great tip for using those left over strips of dsp that we all seem to hoard. A lovely colourful card.

Claire said...

Great card and a really versatile way to use up strips of paper. I'm loving those glitter enamel dots - they really finish the card.Thank you for playing along in week 1 of Heart of Christmas.

Judy May said...

Hats and gloves are definitely what we need at the moment, Sharon! I love 'strip' cards to use all the DSP designs, even the ones you don't like as much; they always look great in smaller pieces.

Sharon said...

Thank you Cathy, quick and easy way to get great value from our DSP!

Sharon said...

Thank you Caroline, I have so much DSP that I am hoarding that I am trying to find ways of using it!

Sharon said...

Thank you Claire, we all need some versatility in our lives, I love me a little glitter too!

Sharon said...

We really do need those hats and gloves, winter doesn't seem to want to end! Yes I agree eve the DSP that we don't warm to straight away can look fantastic in smaller pieces.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks for the tip on using up your scraps. Lovely card!

Chris said...

Your card is lovely Sharon and just the inspiration I need for using those left over pieces.

Sharon said...

Thank you Penny, I am always looking for ways to use up our lovely DSP.

Sharon said...

Thank you Chris, glad I could give you a quick easy way to inspire you to use up your left over pieces of gorgeous DSP!

Kate Morgan said...

Great tips Sharon, and I love the lengths of ribbon behind the sentiment. Those glitter dots look fantastic too!

Sharon said...

Thanks Kate, I'm really on a roll with my DSP cards at the moment and I really love this ribbon it is so soft and easy to work with. The glitter dots are to die for!

Michele Taylor said...

Simple but stunning card Sharon. Great tip for using all those left over strips that I can never bring myself to throw out.

Sharon said...

Thank you Michele, we do end up with a few strips and I am like you can never throw them out either!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...