Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 28 August 2019

Stampin' Up - Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 2


Tonight, the Heart with Art team are bringing you week number 2 of the Heart of Christmas and I have used the lovely little stamp set Beauty and Joy. It is quite a versatile set and you can use it for more that just Christmas. Everyday encouragement, thank you, and in every season as you can custom colour the leaves.
Beauty & Joy, Beauty and Joy, Night Before Christmas DSP, Christmas Card, Heart of Christmas, Rhapsody in Craft, Art with Heart

I have been on a real bent to use my designer series paper at the moment. I have quite a lot and it is all so gorgeous that I just want to stop being a hoarder and use it. (My Nanna was a hoarder so it must be in the genes, ssh, don't tell my Dad I let on!) So I am determined not to be a hoarder any more! Now to not be a hoarder of the gorgeous ribbon as well! 😁
Beauty & Joy, Beauty and Joy, Christmas Cards, Night Before Christmas, Heart of Christmas, Rhapsody in Craft, Art with Heart

I have used crumb cake as my base card and the neutrals DSP pack for the background , you could say that the dots were all the snow falling if you live in the northern hemisphere for Christmas. The beautiful strip behind the Christmas tree is from the new Night Before Christmas 6x6 Designer Series Paper and I just love this design. I have added Cherry Cobbler as the little pop of colour so the gorgeous paper stands out.

Beauty and Joy, Beauty & Joy, Night Before Christmas DSP, Rhapsody in Craft,Art with Heart, Heart of Christmas

Here is a close up of this gorgeous tree, Now if you live in a small space or in an apartment like we did when we lived in the New York this kind of Christmas tree would have been just perfect in our limited space. How beautiful are the distinktive stamps? You can see the movement in the leaves and the weaving and wear on the basket. Such wonderful life like stamps that Stampin' Up! are now bring out to us and this makes it so easy to just ink and stamp in one simple step and get a gorgeous card.

I have used the copper Star Designer Elements to top off our Christmas tree and our basic rhinestone jewels to add some bling to our tree. All Christmas Trees need bling even those that are for tiny apartments. I have cut them out using the layering Ovals but you could use the new nested stitches shapes too for another great look!

Contact me for any details about this card if you would like the new Holiday Catalogue which features this stamp set or any of your Stampin' Up! needs.


Please now hop on over to my dear friend Claire Daly who is our team leader and who hosts our weekly Heart of Christmas blog hops to find the list of the team ladies who are participating this week for more Christmas inspirations.

Thanks so much for spending some time with me today, take care



9 comments:

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Very sparkly tree Sharon, I love it!

Cathy Proctor said...

This is such a stunning stamp set and you've really done it justice Sharon xx

Claire said...

Love that gorgeous tree you have created Sharon. Cant wait to add ink to this stamp set either. Thanks for playing along in week 2 of Heart of Christmas.

Kate Morgan said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, I love your colour combination and choice of DSPs!

Michele Taylor said...

Lovely card and a beautiful colour combo Sharon. I too am loving using the distinkive stamps although it took me a while to work out that less is more when it comes to inking them up.

Judy May said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. I love this set and can't wait to ink it up. The Crumb Cake background is perfect for it.

Carussell Crafts said...

A gorgeous card Sharon. I love this combination of colour too. I love the touches of sparkle with the rhinestones and the sweet star on top.

Diane Furniss said...

Wow, I looked at this stamp set and went yuk, but you have made me change my mind your card is so lovely.

Chris said...

I can so relate to being a DSP hoarder, Sharon, I am trying hard not too, but it's all so beautiful! I love that you have used some different colours, they work so beautifully. Gorgeous card!
Christina Barnes
www.dotdotstamping.com

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...