Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 19 May 2021

Week 49 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Soft Sea Foam"

 


Well we are nearly all the way through all the colours of the Stampin' Up! range with this week and next week being 50 weeks ad then we are going to keep going with the 5 new In Colors. So exciting!

This week we are bringing to you the gorgeous colour of Soft Sea foam. It is one of our subtle colours and a lovely pale green shade.

Rhapsody in craft, Soft Sea Foam, Inspired Thoughts, Friendship Card, Ornate Floral Embossing Folder, Painted Label Dies, Cherry Blossoms Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Annual Catalogue 2021-22, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase

Today I have for you a card that was inspired by a card I saw by Gail Ellis, She had a similar layout and I loved it so I created my own card using this weeks colour and different dies and stamp set.

So this card has the new stamp set Inspired Thoughts that you can purchase with the Inspiring Canopy Dies as a bundle and save 10%, who doesn't love a bargain. Well I just wanted to use the sentiments for my card today, next time I will use the dies too!

Rhapsody in craft, Soft Sea Foam, Inspired Thoughts, Friendship Card, Ornate Floral Embossing Folder, Painted Label Dies, Cherry Blossoms Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Annual Catalogue 2021-22, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase

For the card base I have used the gorgeous Soft Sea Foam and then in Basic White I have embossed it with the Ornate Floral 3D folder. I love this folder it is so pretty. While I had my Cut & Emboss machine out I took out the some more dies that I had also purchased as bundles and saved the 10% and have carried over into this new catalogue! Winning! I have used the Cherry Blossom, Forever Flourishing and Painted Labels Dies

Rhapsody in craft, Soft Sea Foam, Inspired Thoughts, Friendship Card, Ornate Floral Embossing Folder, Painted Label Dies, Cherry Blossoms Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Annual Catalogue 2021-22, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase

I have used the Painted Labels Die for the the sentiment. I cut it once in Soft Sea Foam and then in Basic White and I trimmed the centre out once I had stamped the sentiment from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set from the New Annual Catalogue on Page 52 in Soft Sea Foam and popped it up on dimensionals. Under the sentiment layer I have used one of our new In Colors, Soft Succulents and I have used the Forever flourishing dies and cut the leaf die out twice, cut it apart to form a wreath type layer under the label. I have also cut out some sprigs in crumb cake.

Rhapsody in craft, Soft Sea Foam, Inspired Thoughts, Friendship Card, Ornate Floral Embossing Folder, Painted Label Dies, Cherry Blossoms Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Annual Catalogue 2021-22, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase

The flowers were fun as I used the Cherry Blossom dies and cut a few out in Basic White and a few out in Soft Sea Foam and swapped the centres around I popped them up on dimensionals and the good thing about that is that helped keep the centres in place. Under the sentiment layer I have use one of the new trims from the Simply Elegant trims that co-ordinates with the Simply Elegant suite on page 68.

Rhapsody in craft, Soft Sea Foam, Inspired Thoughts, Friendship Card, Ornate Floral Embossing Folder, Painted Label Dies, Cherry Blossoms Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Annual Catalogue 2021-22, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsshowcase


This was a lot of fun to make and I think I know just the right person to give it to.

If you would like any information about this project or would like to purchase the product to make this card please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now please head on over to Cathy Proctor's Blog to get some wonderful inspiration from her and also find the list of the AWHT who are playing along today with this lovely Soft Sea Foam. I always love seeing the creations each week.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,



7 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

What a romantic, soft and lovely wreath you've created Sharon! My favourite bit of this card is the way you swapped the centres around - genius!

Tina said...

Your card is so pretty, Sharon! The layered wreath looks amazing!

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Beautiful wreath Sharon, Soft Succulent looks lovely with Soft Seafoam

Rosa Leyden said...

Such a pretty wreath set against that lovely embossed floral background. Those soft natural colours go well with SSF Sharon!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh so pretty, Sharon! I love Soft Sea Foam and Soft Succulent together, and they look particularly beautiful against the white embossed background. Loving those tiny die-cut blossoms; so sweet!

Kate Morgan said...

Lovely layering of your wreath elements, Sharon and gorgeous against that white embossed background.

Carussell Crafts said...

Such a lovely card Sharon. Your little flowers with their opposite centres are just gorgeous!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...