Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 5 May 2021

Week 47 - Colour Creations Showcase - "Smoky Slate"

 


Today is a very exciting day! Why? Well I am glad you asked! Today is not only Colour Creations Showcase day but it we have a NEW ANNUAL CATALOGUE! So that means we have so much new fun products that are available to share and to purchase and play with. You are going to love them all.

Well today we are looking at one of our Neutral Colours Smoky Slate and you can pair this with just about anything you want so let's get to it!

Rhapsody in craft, Smoky Slate, Annual Catalogue 2021-22, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Labels Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Flourishing, Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent, Friendship Cards, Elegant Cards, Elegant, Mother's Day, Mother's Day Cards, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up

I have used the Tasteful Touches stamp set and the gorgeous In Good Taste DSP which we are so lucky it is carry over into this new Annual Catalogue. I just love this paper and stamp set so I was very happy that they did not retire. The In Good Taste DSP has Smoky Slate as one of its colours so I went straight for it for our colour challenge today.

Rhapsody in craft, Smoky Slate, Annual Catalogue 2021-22, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Labels Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Flourishing, Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent, Friendship Cards, Elegant Cards, Elegant, Mother's Day, Mother's Day Cards, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up

Now you may wonder what the little pop of colour I have added to go with our Smoky Slate. Well, I am glad you asked! (Those of you who are old enough will know that is a reference to the Curiosity Show😂) It is 2 of the new 2021-23 In Colors. Fresh Freesia and Soft Succulent. 

I have added Fresh Freesia card to the base on top of the Smoky Slate and under the Tile DSP from In Good Taste and with the beautiful In Color Open Weave ribbons I have a little splash of that as well as the In Color Basic Jewels. The Rose from the Tasteful Touches stamp set I have firstly stamped in Smoky Slate and then added just a hint of the Fresh Freesia with both the Light and Dark Stampin' Blends
Rhapsody in craft, Smoky Slate, Annual Catalogue 2021-22, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Labels Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Flourishing, Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent, Friendship Cards, Elegant Cards, Elegant, Mother's Day, Mother's Day Cards, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up 

Now you can see under the rose that I have popped up on dimensionals I have stamped directly onto the In Good Taste DSP, I have stamped off onto scrap paper first the rose in Smoky Slate and then onto the DSP and I have also done the same with the leave from the stamp set in Soft Succulent. Then using the Forever Flourishing Dies I have cut out in Vellum and in the New In Color Shimmer Vellum in the Soft Succulent colour some leaves to go under the rose and sentiment.
Rhapsody in craft, Smoky Slate, Annual Catalogue 2021-22, Tasteful Touches, Tasteful Labels Dies, In Good Taste DSP, Forever Flourishing, Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent, Friendship Cards, Elegant Cards, Elegant, Mother's Day, Mother's Day Cards, #colourcreationsshowcase, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up

The sentiment is stamped on Smoky Slate card in Smoky slate ink and I have used the Tasteful Labels Dies with my Cut & Emboss machine to cut out the label.

I think it is quite an elegant card and I only just had time to photograph it before my friend took it off my hands to give it to her Mum for Mother's day. So it can be used for a friendship card, A Mother's Day Card or a card to give to your daughter. I hope you will give this design a try as the DSP is just lovely and you can add any number of your favourite colours and that new shimmer vellum is so stunning! You will want it high on you wish list of new products!

Please head over to the lovely Cathy Proctor's Blog to see the always amazing inspiration from her and the list of the team participating this week so that you can go an visit them as well to their wonderful creations for this weeks colour of Smoky Slate

If you have any questions about my project today or would like to get your hands on the NEW ANNUAL CATALOGUE, can you see I am excited, 😂 please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,





8 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Those beautiful new colours, and embellishments, look gorgeous against Smoky Slate, Sharon! You have put your card together beautifully; love it.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon both these new In Colours work so well with Smoky slate - a gorgeous card. Thank you for your Smoky Slate inspiration in the AWH Colour Creations showcase this week!

Ros said...

I love the fresh freesia with the smoky slate! Your card looks amazing on the in good taste DSP.

Kate Morgan said...

Ooh Freesia is beautiful with Slate, wow. I love that tile background paper and the positioning of your rose is perfect. A lovely card and I'm not surprised your friend took it off your hands ;)

Rosa Leyden said...

Beautiful card Sharon and I love that your colour choice in Fresh Freesia and Succulent Sage gives more softness to the Tile DSP even though we have used the same DSP layer.

Carussell Crafts said...

This is just so beautiful Sharon. I love the choice of background paper and the colour combination is gorgeous!
And yes I’m old enough to remember The Curiosity Show! Lol xx

Andrea said...

A gorgeous card Sharon. I love the combination of Fresh Freesia with Smoky Slate and your choice of the tile DSP is brilliant with the arrangement. Your use of the Soft Succulent Shimmery vellum with the uncoloured vellum for the leaves works so well. Must check out the shimmery vellum. xxx

Tina said...

oooh, I love how the Freesia brings out the purple tones in the DSP. It looks gorgeous!!!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...