Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 31 July 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 14 - 2024-2025 - Bubble Bath Interlocking Inspiring Snapdragon Card

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Bubble Bath, #colourcreationsbloghop, Inspiring Snapdragons, Inspiring Snapdragons Dies, Inspiring Snapdragons Bundle, Frames and Flowers Specialty DSP, Fancy Fold, Friendship Cards, Bough Punch, Iridescent Striped Trim, Interlocking Fun Fold, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #stampinup


Welcome to this week's Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are championing Bubble Bath. A gorgeous soft Pink.
Last week if you were here I hinted at the colour and showed you a Baby Card both in Boho Blue and in Bubble Bath so this week I thought I had better do a different card for you.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Bubble Bath #bubblebathcolourcombination, #stampinup

I have chosen a very simple colour palette for my card today and this card came about after I had tried a different fancy fold and although I had tried to follow directions from 2 different people I just couldn't stick the landing! So I need a bit more practice on that one before I can bring you the gold medal performance of that particular fancy fold. (Yes I have been watching the Olympics)

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Bubble Bath, #colourcreationsbloghop, Inspiring Snapdragons, Inspiring Snapdragons Dies, Inspiring Snapdragons Bundle, Frames and Flowers Specialty DSP, Fancy Fold, Friendship Cards, Bough Punch, Iridescent Striped Trim, Interlocking Fun Fold, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #stampinup

My fold is called an Interlocking Fancy Fold. This is where the left front panel slides in under the right front panel. I had to get the Inspiring Snapdragons Bundle for my daughter as her boyfriend gave her snapdragons for their first date!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Bubble Bath, #colourcreationsbloghop, Inspiring Snapdragons, Inspiring Snapdragons Dies, Inspiring Snapdragons Bundle, Frames and Flowers Specialty DSP, Fancy Fold, Friendship Cards, Bough Punch, Iridescent Striped Trim, Interlocking Fun Fold, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #stampinup

For my card today I have used a Bubble Bath Card base and have created a "Z" fold on each end. On the 2 parts of the "Z" fold  I have stamped the Snapdragon flower in Bubble Bath. stamped the  Snapdragon to decorate.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Bubble Bath, #colourcreationsbloghop, Inspiring Snapdragons, Inspiring Snapdragons Dies, Inspiring Snapdragons Bundle, Frames and Flowers Specialty DSP, Fancy Fold, Friendship Cards, Bough Punch, Iridescent Striped Trim, Interlocking Fun Fold, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #stampinup

For the 2 front focal point panels I have layered the panels on Smoky Slate and a layer of Lost Lagoon DSP from the Frames and Flowers Specialty Pack ( I didn't want to waste anything from my failed landing  attempt) 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Bubble Bath, #colourcreationsbloghop, Inspiring Snapdragons, Inspiring Snapdragons Dies, Inspiring Snapdragons Bundle, Frames and Flowers Specialty DSP, Fancy Fold, Friendship Cards, Bough Punch, Iridescent Striped Trim, Interlocking Fun Fold, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #stampinup

On the Basic White layer I have stamped in Bubble Bath the Snapdragons in different sizes. I then die cut the Snapdragons out in Bubble Bath and Moody Mauve to layer over the top of the stamped images. I thought the panel was a little stark so I stamped the dotted stamp in Soft Sea Foam while I laid a piece of copy paper over the snapdragons so they didn't get lots of little dots on them.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Bubble Bath, #colourcreationsbloghop, Inspiring Snapdragons, Inspiring Snapdragons Dies, Inspiring Snapdragons Bundle, Frames and Flowers Specialty DSP, Fancy Fold, Friendship Cards, Bough Punch, Iridescent Striped Trim, Interlocking Fun Fold, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #stampinup

Across the 2 panels I have fussy cut the sentiment after stamping in Smoky Slate on Basic white from the Inspiring Snapdragon stamp set. Under the sentiment I have added I have used the Bough Punch and cut some more of the Lost Lagoon DSP and some Crumb cake card stock and the Iridescent Trim I have cut in half and added with a glue dot.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Bubble Bath, #colourcreationsbloghop, Inspiring Snapdragons, Inspiring Snapdragons Dies, Inspiring Snapdragons Bundle, Frames and Flowers Specialty DSP, Fancy Fold, Friendship Cards, Bough Punch, Iridescent Striped Trim, Interlocking Fun Fold, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #stampinup

To make the panels interlocking : The left panel is adhered straight to the card base and the  right panel is placed on dimensionals so that the left panel can slide under it and lock in place.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Bubble Bath, #colourcreationsbloghop, Inspiring Snapdragons, Inspiring Snapdragons Dies, Inspiring Snapdragons Bundle, Frames and Flowers Specialty DSP, Fancy Fold, Friendship Cards, Bough Punch, Iridescent Striped Trim, Interlocking Fun Fold, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #artwithheart, #stampinup

On the inside of the card when open there is a place for you to write your message to the recipient and I have also stamped a Snapdragon in Bubble Bath.

I do hope you like my card today, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next very talented person on our Bubble Bathe journey and this week you will be heading to our amazing host Cathy Proctor, I can't wait to see what she has for us this week. Hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If for any reason one of the next blog buttons goes somewhere it shouldn't, please come back here and go to hour lovely host and she will have all those from the AWHT participating this week in Bubble Bath: Cathy Proctor

Be sure to come back on Monday August 5th at 8 p.m. Australian Standard Time as we start the Heart of Christmas Blog hop for 2024.

 Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,





8 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

The snapdragons look lovely in Bubble Bath, Sharon - especially the die-cut blooms. Gorgeous. Very clever fancy fold, that was a success after your challenge! I admire your perseverance!

Andrea said...

A beautiful interlocking card Sharon. Love your bubble bath snapdragons - beautiful layering. The interlocking card is clever - love it. Looking forward to seeing the other fold, once you have perfected it. xxx

Cathy Proctor said...

Your Interlocking Fancy Fold is very fancy Sharon and I love learning the story of why your purchased the snapdragon bundle too. I have every confidence in your ability to master the other fold and look forward to seeing the final card.

Rosa Leyden said...

I haven’t seen this interlocking fancy fold and love what you have done in showcasing the snapdragons. The die cut flowers look lovely.

Rachel Woollard said...

Hee, hee I love your Olympics reference, definitely a gold medal winning card in my opinion. Another unique fancy fold that I have not seen before

Rachel Palmieri said...

Another amazing fold and first time I’ve seen the snapdragons used outside of the catalogue. Such a pretty result with the contrasting colours and layering.

Kate Morgan said...

I think we are all with you watching the Olympics at the moment. I haven't seen any projects with the Snapdragon Bundle which surprised me, but I love what you have created in this fancy interlocking card. The stamping and the die cut pieces are beautiful in Bubble Bath.

theresa said...

Another lovely fancy fold card Sharon to feature Bubble Bath. Great choice to use the snapdragons stamp set.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 21 - 2024 - 2025 - Crushed Curry - Swing Arm Pop Out Fun Fold Card

  Welcome to Crushed Curry week of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Now the team knows this is not my fav...