Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 19 August 2024

Heart of Christmas - Week 3 - 2024

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2024, Shepherd's Card, fancy fold, Christmas Card, Faux Side Step Card, Season of Elegance Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, #stampinup


Welcome to the Heart of Christmas week 3 for 2024. Do you love Christmas? I love Christmas and I love the mini catalogue each year from Stampin' Up! to see what gorgeous Christmas offerings we are going to have. The September-December Mini is full of fun and exciting offerings and this week I am giving you a sneak peak of  one of the stamp sets this year!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2024, Shepherd's Card, fancy fold, Christmas Card, Faux Side Step Card, Season of Elegance Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, #stampinup

When I saw this stamp set it had my name on it! Shepherd's Care!

For the card today I have made a Faux, Side Step card. Super easy and just perfect for this stamp set. I think I will be making quite a few in this design for the card to give away this Christmas.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2024, Shepherd's Card, fancy fold, Christmas Card, Faux Side Step Card, Season of Elegance Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, #stampinup
As you can see the base of the card is in 2 parts the main body is 8 x 5 1/2 inches and scored at 3,6 & 7 inches and the extra side step is a 3 x 6 inch and scored at 4 1/2 inches. The rest is a matter of measuring to the amount of layering/border width that you like to have for your tastes.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2024, Shepherd's Card, fancy fold, Christmas Card, Faux Side Step Card, Season of Elegance Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, #stampinup

Now for some of the details. The card base is Pretty Peacock and I have layered that with Lost Lagoon. I am really loving that colour combination at the moment.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2024, Shepherd's Card, fancy fold, Christmas Card, Faux Side Step Card, Season of Elegance Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, #stampinup
On the sentiment side I think you can see the gorgeous Season of Elegance Specialty DSP the best which is a Pretty Peacock colour with gold foil through it. I have stamped and heat embossing in gold 2 of the sentiments from the Shepherd's Care and layered them onto Lost lagoon before adhering them onto the different steps of the card over the DSP.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2024, Shepherd's Card, fancy fold, Christmas Card, Faux Side Step Card, Season of Elegance Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, #stampinup
For the shepherd and sheep I have stamped onto Basic White in Basic Grey and then using Ivory for the Sheep, Light and Dark Crumb Cake for the head covering, Light & Dark Pretty Peacock and Light & Dark Lost Lagoon Stampin' Blends I coloured the image.
For the star I heat embossed in gold and fussy cut out and popped it up on a dimensional! Yes, it does fit into our envelopes I made sure before I fixed it on.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas,#heartofchristmas2024, Shepherd's Card, fancy fold, Christmas Card, Faux Side Step Card, Season of Elegance Specialty DSP, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit, #stampinup

A fun design that can be replicated quite easily if you want to do many of them for Christmas.

If you have any questions about my project today or would like the new Sept-Dec Mini please don't hesitate to contact me
Now is the time to head to the next very creative person on our Christmas inspiration journey and today you will be heading to Cathy Proctor, I love her clean and elegant cards so I can't wait to see what she has for us this week. Hit the next blog button and you will go straight to her blog.
If at any time the next blog buttons don't work please come back here and you will be able to continuer your Heart of Christmas journey from any point with the list of participants below.

Cathy Proctor:
Rachel Woollard:
Theresa Gerrard:
Christine Blain:
Andrea Sargent:
Kate Morgan:
Rosa Leyden:
Claire Daly:
Judy May:
Sharon Davern: <= You are here

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,



10 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Really beautiful colour choices, Sharon. How lovely does the gold look, with Pretty Peacock? You've used these new products beautifully.

Claire Daly said...

Your faux side step card is stunning Sharon! Your colour choices are perfect and with the combination of gold foiling and embossing, it's such an elegant card.

Andrea said...

Oh Sharon, I adore your card. You have made so many perfect choices. The faux step card is perfect with this wonderful stamp set. Seeing your card is making me so happy that this stamp set is being packed to head my way. I love your colours with gold - gorgeous. xxx

Judy May said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. The layout you’ve chosen is perfect to give the shepherd image maximum focus with the lovely gold accents. I’ll be using this set for Mum this year and I might be CASE-ing!

Rachel Woollard said...

Lovely card Sharon, your faux side step card is perfect for these stamps. Beautiful colour choices too

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon this stampset could not be more perfect for you and the choice of Faux Side Step card could not be more perfect to showcase the stamp set. I love your colour choices too and the elegant touch of gold.

Kate Morgan said...

As soon as I saw this stamp set, I knew was made for you! What a brilliant card design for this stamp set, with the shepherd and his lambs that are so beautifully coloured. The sentiments fit perfectly on the steps too and I love the touches of gold!

theresa said...

Sharon your faux step card is beautiful and the choice of stamp set is perfect. How nice is Pretty Peacock for Christmas?

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon your faux step card showcases the Shepherd image perfectly. I love your colour combinations paired with the gold embossed sentiments.

Anonymous said...

Is this demonstrated on FB?

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 21 - 2024 - 2025 - Crushed Curry - Swing Arm Pop Out Fun Fold Card

  Welcome to Crushed Curry week of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop with the Art With Heart Team. Now the team knows this is not my fav...