Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 12 August 2024

Heart of Christmas 2024 - Week 2 - Floating Gatefold Double Pop Up Card

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024,Fancy Fold, Floating Gatefold Double Pop Up Card, Gate Fold Card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP,  Greeting of the Season, Golden Greenery Dies, Stampin up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit



 Welcome to week 2 of the Heart of Christmas for 2024. How amazing was week 1?! I loved it and I would think you did too! I am so glad that you are back with us for week 2.

This week I have gone back the lovely Laura Stranks in Queensland for another fancy fold after all these years I am searching everywhere for a different fold that I haven't done or a different take on a fold that I have previously done and then I put it together with our wonderful Christmas offerings from Stampin' Up!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024,Fancy Fold, Floating Gatefold Double Pop Up Card, Gate Fold Card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP,  Greeting of the Season, Golden Greenery Dies, Stampin up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit

Well this week I am going with a Floating Gatefold Double Pop Up Card and I thought as I still had all the gorgeous Green and Gold Specialty Papers out and the Greetings of the Season stamp set I would use them again to make this card!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024,Fancy Fold, Floating Gatefold Double Pop Up Card, Gate Fold Card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP,  Greeting of the Season, Golden Greenery Dies, Stampin up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit
My card base and layers are the same as last week, Mossy Meadow and Very Vanilla and then the gorgeous Green and Gold Specialty DSP. With a gatefold card you need a belly band and I have used the Mossy Meadow as my band and layered it with the Green and Gold Specialty DSP but the side without the gold in it for a little bit of contrast. I have die cut out the leaves and fussy cut out the bells and ribbon and adhere these to the square which I have adhered on the diamond with dimensionals.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024,Fancy Fold, Floating Gatefold Double Pop Up Card, Gate Fold Card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP,  Greeting of the Season, Golden Greenery Dies, Stampin up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit
When you open the gatefold card SUPRISE! 2 Pop-ups! I have lined the 2 inside parts of the gate the same as the front and the inside panel I have heat embossed It's the most wonderful time of the year! This all happens before you add your 2 pop ups! I have made them slightly smaller that in the original directions so that you can see the sentiment in the middle properly.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024,Fancy Fold, Floating Gatefold Double Pop Up Card, Gate Fold Card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP,  Greeting of the Season, Golden Greenery Dies, Stampin up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit
Each of the Merry Christmas words have been heat embossed and fussy cut out before adding to the pop up squares.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2024,Fancy Fold, Floating Gatefold Double Pop Up Card, Gate Fold Card, Green and Gold Specialty DSP,  Greeting of the Season, Golden Greenery Dies, Stampin up, Art with Heart, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit
On the back of the card I have added a panel for you to write your message to the recipient and decorated it with a couple of strips of the gorgeous Green and Gold Specialty DSP.

Here is a short video of the card opening for you!



If you have any questions about my project today or of you would like to get your hands on the new Sept-Dec Mini Catalogue please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next amazing team member who is participating in this week's Heart of Christmas and this week you will be heading to the wonderful Kate Morgan. I love what Kate creates each week so can't wait to see what she has for us this week. Hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.



If for any reason on of your next blog buttons doesn't take you where you think you should go come back to my blog each week as I will have the privilege to host our Heart of Christmas blog hop and I will have the list of our wonderful team members participating and you can continue your blog hop from the list.

Kate Morgan
Cathy Proctor:
Theresa Gerrard:
Claire Daly:
Andrea Sargent:
Rachel Woollard:
Christine Blain:
Judy May:
Sharon Davern: <= You are here

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,


7 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Your Floating Gatefold Double Pop Up Card is amazing Sharon. I honestly don't know how you came up with all these fancy colds every week. It's such a stunning design to showcase that gorgeous DSP.

Claire Daly said...

Another incredible fun fold card! If there is such a thing as a card engineer, you are one! I love seeing the different way you have showcased the same DSP week on week. Really shows the versatility.

Rachel Woollard said...

Wow Sharon, your floating gatefold card is amazing. I love that the pieces inside the card pop up when the card is opened. Beautiful colour scheme too!

Judy May said...

Another fabulous fancy fold card, Sharon. It looks very elegant in the beautiful green & gold papers and the ‘on point’ embellishment on the front is lovely.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Ooh, those two pop-ups inside the card were a surprise! Well done, reconfiguring the size of them to accommodate your chosen sentiment, Sharon. Another beautiful card with these lovely elegant papers. I was a little concerned, in your video, that you were going to drop that belly band over your balcony!

theresa said...

Another fabulous fancy fold card Sharon and it's great that you were able to adapt it to fir your chosen sentiment. So elegant with the green and gold.

Kate Morgan said...

Beautiful use of these Specialty designer papers, Sharon, in another fun fold design. The floating pop up pieces are sure to wow the recipient!!!

Heart of Christmas - 2024 - Week 7 - Merry Christmas Pop Up Gift Box

  Welcome to the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop week 7 for 2024. Each week on a Monday from August - end of November the Art with Heart team wi...