Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 30 November 2009

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

Hello again, another week has passed and it was a hugely emotional one for me. We had 2 deaths in the family this past couple of weeks so I am going to make this a short post.

Today’s card is using Sunshine’s Stamps Holly Jolly Snow Ball Fight image and her sentiment Have a Holly Jolly Christmas. The Holly are just so cute. I was also given the added challenge of using paper piercing. I am not a big user of it as I’m not that good at keeping everything straight. I might have to get a guide to help me. Anyway I did use paper piercing around the edge of the image as well as one other place, see if you can pick it. (It isn’t that hard so I’m sure you will find it very easily)

I have based the card around a sketch at sweet sketch Wednesday. Not exactly the same but pretty close.

Here is the card.


Here is the sketch:


I have used all Stampin Up’ Product except for Sunshine’s Stamps of course and the pearls. Hope you like it.

Well Guess what I have just re-read Sunshine’s e-mail and the challenge wasn’t paper piercing it was paper piecing. Well Don’t I feel foolish LOL! Well as I had already finished the card I have been a bit sneaky and printed out the image again and I have layered the scarves on the holly. I have left them unattached at the bottom of the scarves so that it looks like they are blowing in the wind. I actually like the added scarves better than the original. Here is what it looks like now.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

Take Care

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

Excellent job on the challenge this week! Love the dp you used as well. Great card Sharon! :^)

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Very cute!

Kym Weber said...

Wonderful card, Sharon! Pretty dp!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...