Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday, 9 November 2009

Remembrance Day - November 11th

Hello again from a very hot and sunny Melbourne. We are in a bit of a spring heat wave here with hot and humid summer temperatures. So for all of you looking at this post from Australia I hope that you are able to have a cool day somewhere inside and remember to slip, slop slap to help avoid skin cancer.

Today I have for you Soldier Bunny. Sunshine brought out a few images and sentiments to coincide with Remembrance Day which is November 11th. It is the day that we remember the end of World War 1 and subsequent wars and all the brave men and women who fought for our Country.

Soldier bunny is very cute and I happen to be looking for a card sketch to use for Soldier bunny when a came across a challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges and they had a challenge to use an easel card. Well I had never seen one so I looked for the instructions and I like this video that I found to explain how to put one together. I hope you like Sunshine’s Soldier bunny and Sunshine’s Sentiment: Lest we Forget.




Easel Card Open:



Side view:



Easel Card Closed





Recipe:

Green card stock (brand unknown)
Stampin’ Up Very Vanilla Card Stock
Stampin’ Up Old Olive DSP
Stampin’ Up ink : Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Handsome Hunter, Brilliant Blue, Ballet Blue, Close to Cocoa, Basic Black, Apricot Appeal and Barely Banana.
Stampin’ Up build a brad
Creative Memories corner punch and my personal trimmer

Thanks for stopping by I hope that you have a wonderful week.
Take Care,

Add Image

9 comments:

  1. love it,thanks for playing with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I will have to check out this video! LOVE this card! Well done. I always get a little misty this time of year...being a military brat I am so grateful for the sacrifice of those before us and those serving now. Terrific card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the camo! Neat easle card, I've gotta try one of those some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it is so well done. It's great to see people honouring the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! I like this special fold alot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Thanks so much for making an awesome card for especially today! You did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up - Add Texture With Embossing - Blog Hop with the Art with Heart Team

Hello and welcome to another beautiful day. Hope you have had a wonderful day. Tonight the Art with Heart team girls are sharing som...