Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 22 February 2018

Stampin' Up - Sale-A-Bration - Art With Heart February 2018 Blog Hop


Tonight, the Art with Heart team are sharing creative projects using products from the sale-a-bration brochure. All sale-a-bration products are earned for FREE with sales of $90+ (AUD).

  • • If you spend $90, you get one free level 1 product. 
  • • If you spend $180, you get one free level 2 product, OR, they can choose two level 1 items. 
  • • If you spend $270, you have the option to choose three level 1 items or one level 1 item and one level 2 item. 


The sale-a-bration promotion is current now until March 31st. Be sure to request your copy of the brochure today.
Sale-a-bration is also a great time to join our fabulous team. Ask any of the girls on the hop!

You may have come to my blog from the lovely Ros Davidson or just come straight here, blog hops are a circle, so you can start anywhere on the hop and follow along, the links are at the end of this post.


Now tonight I have used the lovely Heartfelt Blooms stamp set. The image is just gorgeous. When I stamped the image, my daughter exclaimed “I want that stamp!”. So, I suggest to you, like my 16-year-old daughter, YOU NEED this stamp set. It is a stamp set you can get for free with a purchase of just $90 product.

I have chosen to highlight the beautiful flower image tonight by offsetting it on a twisted easel card.


To make the easel card I simply cut the base card, in this case the early espresso in half-length wise, so now you have 2 long pieces of card. Score the card in half, so that it looks like a normal folded card. Then score one half of the card diagonally. That is how I made the base and it fits into the normal C6 Envelope when folded shut.


The gorgeous blooms I have stamped in my favourite colour at them moment I think which is Rich Razzleberry and then cut is out with the Stitched shapes framelits and backed it with Tranquil Tide card stock cut with the Layering circle framelits. Making it a circle just plays with the angles of the triangle in the easel card and makes it stand out just that little bit more I think.


Such a lovely sentiment is also from the Heartfelt Blooms stamp set and I have cut this out using the Petals and More thinlits dies and popped it up on some dimensionals

To bling it up a little more I have added the delicate white doilies, gold metallic thread and some leaves in tranquil tide cut from the Petals and More thinlits dies.


On the 2 triangle parts of the base card I have used the Heartfelt Blooms stamp in crumb cake on powder pink to show you that you can also use this stamp as a back ground to your focal point image.

I have lined the inside of the card with the gorgeous silver and old olive card from the Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP. It is just beautiful paper with the silver foil running through it. To hold the easel up I have again stamped the Heartfelt bloom image in Rich Razzleberry on whisper white card stock and punched it out with the 1 1/8” scalloped punch backed it with the 1 3/8” scalloped punched rich razzleberry card and popped them up on some dimensionals.


Now you need somewhere to write on this card so turn it over and on the back of the card I have punched out using the scalloped punches again another section of the stamped image and adhered it to the card so that it is nice and decorated. Can’t have a plain place to write!




For more product information about this card check out the list below.
PRODUCTS
Stamps
Heartfelt Blooms
Card Stock and Papers
Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Powder Pink, Tranquil tide, Early Espresson, Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP,  
Ink
Rich Razzelberry Crumb Cake
Acecessories / Embellishments
Gold Metallic Thread, Delicate White Doilies
Tools
Petals and MoreThinlits dies, Stitched framelit dies, layering circle dies, 1 1/8” scalloped punch, 1 3/8” scalloped punch, Big Shot, Trimmer, paper snips, fast fuse, Tombow liquid glue, bone folder, dimensionals  



Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented, Catherine Proctor



If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:

Sharon Davern   <= You are here


Please contact me for any more information on how to make this card, on how to get your hands on the Annual Catalogue, the Occassions Catalogue, Sale-a-bration and any of your Stampin’ Up goodies.

Hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for spending some time with me.

Take Care






13 comments:

Kate Morgan said...

Stunning Sharon, so pretty and feminine!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely card Sharon...you've inspired me to try the easel technique

Ros said...

Lovely twisted easel card.

Fiona Ryan said...

Beautiful card Sharon. I love where you have made a space for writing

juzzy71 said...

What a great card. Very clever and unique.

Claire said...

Love this fold and your colour combination too. A real work of art which I am sure the lucky recipient will love. Thanks for playing along in the Art with Heart Team monthly blog hop.

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Wow!! Sharon, your card is just stunning, I love that fold and all the beautiful layering. Would love to case it for a class if you didn't mind.xx

Christine Blain said...

Very clever! I love that you used a little flower centre, as the 'stand' for the easel. Lovely details. x

Tina said...

oooh, I've been wanting to try one of these cards, and your stunning card has just made it a priority!

Rachel Palmieri said...

Impressive card, Sharon.ive never really mastered the easel card, but love the look.

Judy May said...

Lovely, Sharon. I must give this fancy fold a try.

Carussell Crafts said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love the easel design. Your choice of colours work beautifully together. Even the stamped centre of the flower for your stopper looks gorgeous and has great detail in the image. I love it! :)

Cindy Mitchell-Clark said...

such a pretty card, thanks for sharing

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...