Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 20 September 2018

Stampin' Up - Art With Heart Team blog Hop September 2018 - Holiday Catalogue



Tonight the Art with Heart team are sharing creative projects featuring the Holiday Catalogue. We hope our blog hop inspires you to get creative and make some fabulous Christmas creations. If you would like a copy of the Holiday Catalogue, contact any of the girls on the blog hop and we will get in touch with you.

Tonight I have used the gorgeous Beautiful Baubles Bundle on page 10 of the holiday catalogue and together with a fancy fold that I found on Flutterbyheidi called a fan fold card and here is my fun card for tonight.
Beautiful Baubles, Christmas Cards, Art with heart, fancy fold

I have done 2 versions for you. The 2nd I stepped it up a little and used the Detailed Bauble Thinlit dies.

So how did I make these 2 cards.
Beautiful Bauble, Christmas Card, Art with heart, fancy fold
Card one I have used my Stampin' Blends. You can choose what ever colours you would like to use but I like the colours that blend nicely with the cherry cobbler and mossy meadow card stock that I have used for my card base.
 I first coloured a panel that was 10.5x7.5 cm

This panel is 14x2 cm but then I decided to back it with the mossy meadow card stock so I trimmed it down a little bit.

The fan section of the card is 14.5x17.5 cm and you score at 2.5, 5. 7.5, 10, 12.4 and 15 cm

This is the back panel that you adhere to the  fan and is cut at 14.5 x 10.5 cm
Adhere to the back fan.

 Cute your coloured panel into 3 even sections 3.5 cm wide

These panels are 4 x 10 cm.
You could also make an extra layer if you would like.
Adhere your coloured panels to the right had side of these panels and then adhere the top panel on the back layer first. Second adhere the bottom panel in the firs t fold of the fan and then the middle panel in the middle fold of the  fan to make sure they are all evenly spaced.

Beautiful Bauble, Frosted Floral, Christmas Card, Fancy fold
For the Second card I have used copper foil to cut out the gorgeous baubles from the detail bauble thinlits and backed them with Frosted florals Specialty DSP on Page 37


Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented,   Tina Gillespie.   
If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:

Caroline Manwaring
Sharon Davern
Tina Gillespie
Ros Davidson

Please contact me if you would like any help with this card or would like a Holiday Catalogue

Thanks for spending some time with me today 


12 comments:

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Love your cards Sharon, thank you so much for sharing how you made them, they are lovely. xx

June Kempster said...

I love a good fun fold so can’t wait to try this.

Anonymous said...

Sharon i've never seen these types of fold before but they are stunning! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous cards with us and teaching us a new fancy fold!

Carussell Crafts said...

Gorgeous fun fold cards Sharon, I love your colouring! Thank you for sharing your tutorial too! x

Ros said...

A very fancy fold. Thanks for taking part in the holiday catalogue blog hop.

Tina said...

Wow! These are amazing! I've never heard of this fold before, so I'll have to have a try.

Claire said...

Wow that's a bit fancy! I have never seen this fold before but it's lovely.

Kate Morgan said...

Wow, that is just too clever a fold, Sharon. Lovely colouring too!

Unknown said...

Love this one also beautiful work

Sue Madex said...

That's a nifty fold Sharon. Love the step by step pics.

Rachel Palmieri said...

What an interesting fold Sharon, and love your colours for the baubles.

pascale virolle said...

J'AIME BEAUCOUP VOS CARTES MERCI DU PARTAGE

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...