Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 18 September 2019

Stampin' Up - Heart of Christmas 2019 - Week 5

Toile Christmas, Christmas Cardinal Dies, Toile Tidings DSP, Christmas Card, Rhaspdoy in Craft, Stampin Up, Art with heart


Welcome to week 5 of the Heart of Christmas. Don't you just love Christmas? I do! I am enjoying making these cards each week so I hope you are enjoying hoping along with everyone of the ladies each week too!

Tonight I have chosen to use the beautiful Toile Christmas Stamp Set and the Christmas Cardinal Die Bundle. I just love birds and sitting looking out my window as I work I get to see beautiful King parrots, rosellas, red and yellow wattle birds, kookaburras just to name a few that I am blessed with on a nearly daily basis. I live in a gorgeous part of the world.

Toile Christmas, Christmas Cardinal Die, Toile Tidings DSP, 2019 Holiday Catalogue, Christmas Cards, Rhapsody in Craft, Art with heart, Stampin' Up.

For this card I have used a garden green base and cut some of the gorgeous Toile Tidings DSP to go over the base and then softened it slightly with some vellum. I added a strip of double stitched garden green ribbon to the DSP and Vellum layer before adhering to the card base. I have a little rectangle layer over this and I have stamped in Soft Suede bot the branch and the verse that come with this lovely Toile Christmas stamp set on  the very vanilla card stock. I adhered this straight to the front of the card with snail.  I then cut out the larges stitched shape circle and stamped the branch again in very vanilla and popped it up on some dimensionals.  The beautiful bright red cardinal is stamped in memento black ink and cut out with the Christmas cardinal dies and then I used my Stampin' Blends to colour him in. I used light and dark Real Red and Soft Suede and light Crumb cake.  Christmas wishes is also stamped in Soft Suede and there is a die in the Christmas Cardinal Dies to cut it out as well. So good to have matching dies as it makes it so easy to make a quick card. I popped the cardinal on some dimensionals and the Christmas wishes too. There your card is done. Quick and easy and fun to make.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you would like any information on how to make this card or to purchase your supplies.

Please now head over to my dear friends Claire Daly's Blog as she is our host for tonight's Heart of Christmas blog hop and see all the other Christmas inspiration this week.
Thank you for spending some time with me today. Take Care,



5 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful! I really love how your cardinal turned out. The circle layer really balances your card beautifully. Thanks for playing along with Heart of Christmas week 5.

Catherine Proctor said...

Wow, Sharon, your cardinal is beautiful and the circle layered underneath really makes this card very special xx

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

Gorgeous card and colouring in Sharon, I just all of the layers.

Michele Taylor said...

I really admire crafters who can colour so expertly and your cardinal is gorgeous Sharon. I think I need some lessons.

Carussell Crafts said...

A beautiful card Sharon. I love all of the different elements to it, and the softness that the Vellum creates. Your bird is beautifully coloured too and looks magnificent! x

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...