Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 16 April 2020

AWHT Creative Showcase April 2020 - Mother's Day Theme


Welcome to the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! Team Monthly Creative Showcase. The theme for this month’s showcase is Mother’s Day. Under the current conditions Mother’s Day this year is going to be completely different to any other Mother’s Day celebrations.

Mother's Day will definitely be strange this year for many but as for many years we don't live near my Mum so we will be ringing in and maybe even skyping. We do do that sometimes as well. I am sure as my parents are in lock down they are really wanting out.

The Art With Heart Team are hoping to share a little Mother’s Day love and inspiration with you tonight.
Good Morning Magnolia, Strong and Beautiful, Z fold Card, Fancy fold card, Mother's Day Card, Rhapsody in craft, Art with Heart, Stampin' Up, Stampin' Blends

Tonight I have a fancy fold for you using the Good Morning Magnolia set and Magnolia Memory Dies. I have also used the Strong and Beautiful stamp set for the sentiment as I love the font of the Happy Mother's Day.

Good Morning Magnolia, Magnolia Memory dies, Strong& Beautiful, Mother's Day Card, Stampin' Up, Stampin' Blends, Rhapsody in craft, Art with Heart

To make this card I used my favourite colour Blackberry Bliss and folded it like a normal card base in half and then folded the front back in half. There you have a very simple Z-Fold Card. Using the gorgeous Magnolia Lane DSP on the folded back front in a 4.9 x 14.5 cm strip.


To add a beautiful layer of softness vellum under the front 9x13 cm layer and adhere that to the front just on the side. Now as you are going to cover it with the next layer you can use your snail as you won't need to worry about your adhesive showing through the vellum as you are covering it with your stamped image layer.

Good Morning Magnolia, Strong and Beautiful, Magnolia Memory dies, Magnolia lane DSP, Mother's Day Cards, Rhapsody in craft, Stampin' Up, Art with Heart, Stampin' Blends

I have stamped Happy Mother's day in Blackberry Bliss on Whisper White and that piece is 7.7 x 11.5 cm, and I have backed this with Mossy Meadow 8 x cm. before adhering this to the front side over the vellum I have wrapped around some polka dot tulle ribbon. The beautiful blackberry Magnolia is stamped in black memento ink cut out with the magnolia memory dies and coloured with the stampin' blends. Both the light and dark black berry bliss were used for the flower and dark old olive for the leaves. I popped them it up on some dimensionals.

I really love the dark purple magnolias they are my favourite every year when they are in bloom.


The next demonstrator to share her Mother’s Day project is the amazingly talented Catherine Proctor I always love see what projects she has for us.





If you have a broken link or have come to this blog hop midway, you can view all the participants below:

Sharon Davern     <=You are here.



Thank you for stopping by and spending some time with me tonight. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Product List



Take Care,

8 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful! I just love the soft simplicity of this mothers day card.

Rachel Palmieri said...

I agree, the simplicity of this image is so elegant. Beautiful card Sharon.

Carussell Crafts said...

I love the colour of your gorgeous magnolia Sharon and the softness of the vellum too. I don't use my vellum enough on my cards - thank you my friend for such lovely inspiration. x

Kate Morgan said...

Gorgeous Sharon, I also love my magnolias and their large blooms. The vellum layer is perfect to show more of the DSP on your card, just stunning!

Michele Taylor said...

Hi Sharon, the dark purple magnolias are my favourite too. Our magnolias actually flowered for the first time this year. Your card is lovely. I really do love vellum and the softness that it adds.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon I adore the purple magnolias too and I love your use of vellum on this soft and feminine card xx

Andrea said...

A gorgeous card Sharon. I love this fancy fold and the way you have showcased the beautiful magnolia. Just lovely. xxx

Tina said...

Your card is so pretty, and the fancy fold elevates it into the special keepsake realm. Stunning!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...