Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 28 July 2021

Week 9 - Colour Creations Blog Hop - " Calypso Coral"


Today we are looking at the gorgeous colour Calypso Coral. The name always makes me thing of  Harry Belefonte as he was nicknamed the King of Calypso music! You know Day-o, Daaaay-0! I actually like this colour but I rarely use it. Today I have paired it with a couple of other colours and used the Spotlight Technique to create my card.

Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, Daisy Garden, Daisy Lane, Love you more than dies, Pansy Petals DSP, Spotlight Technique, Annual Catalogue 2021, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsbloghop

For this card I have used the Daisy garden stamp which is a 1 large background stamp which I have stamped in memento black ink on Basic White card. I did this twice so I could colour the second one to create the spotlighted area.

Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, Daisy Garden, Daisy Lane, Love you more than dies, Pansy Petals DSP, Spotlight Technique, Annual Catalogue 2021, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsbloghop

For the Spotlight area of the card I have stamped the Daisy Garden a second time and I then used my Stampin' Write markers to colour the daisies. I used Bumblebee for the centre, Old Olive and Mossy Meadow for the leaves, Cherry Cobbler and our colour of the day Calypso Coral for the daisy petals. For the area around the daisies I have used the Light Pool Party Stampin Blend to colour the area in. The little flower at the bottom is from the Daisy Lane stamp set which I have stamped and coloured the same way and fussy cut out.
I then used the Layering Circle Dies to cut out the the spotlight and a scalloped circle of Basic Black to layer over the front of the background stamped image.

Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, Daisy Garden, Daisy Lane, Love you more than dies, Pansy Petals DSP, Spotlight Technique, Annual Catalogue 2021, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsbloghop

What is not easy to see is that I have added a little bit of Wink of tella to the petals and it just lifts the whole card. Under the extra daisy I have added some Gold Shimmer Ribbon which is from the new July-December Mini which you will be able to get your hands on in just a few more days as it goes live on August 3rd. It is so lovely! Now you might be wondering where the " Love you" comes from well I am glad you asked. It is from the Love you more than dies, you know the one with chocolate and coffee and all that fun stuff in it!

Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, Daisy Garden, Daisy Lane, Love you more than dies, Pansy Petals DSP, Spotlight Technique, Annual Catalogue 2021, Stampin' Up!, #colourcreationsbloghop

Behind the daisy layer before the Basic Black card base I have used the Pansy Petals Designer Series paper which has Calypso Coral as one of the colours.

Hope you have enjoyed this little walk down memory lane of  this technique. 

If you would like any information about this card or would like to get your hands on the new Mini coming out next week do not hesitate to contact me.



Now is the time to head to the next person on the colour creations blog hop. Theresa Gerrard always has very creative cards and I love to see what she has for us each week so click on the next blog button below to continue on in this weeks blog hop journey. 

If for any reason a next blog button doesn't work, (you know those computer gremlins) please head to the host of our colour creations blog hop and there you will find the list of all those participating in this weeks blog hop so you can continue: Cathy Proctor's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



11 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon this spotlight technique is just perfect for that lovely background stamp. You really make me laugh and cry, having out that song in my head and I can't get it out now, ha ha. Beautiful card.

Rachel Woollard said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love how you’ve used the Spotlight technique on this card

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

This big, beautiful, stamp is perfect for the spotlight technique - one that I have never tried! Love the addition of the smaller daisy at the bottom. Thanks for the earworm.

Michele and Stephen said...

Damn you Sharon. I have been resisting this stamp but your stunning spotlight card is making it impossible.

Tina said...

I agree with the others - this is the perfect stamp for this technique, and you've done a magnificent job with it. Your colouring is beautiful.

Rosa Leyden said...

What a great technique for this background stamp Sharon and showcasing Calypso Coral. Love the die cut sentiment.

Kate Morgan said...

Yes, what a great stamp for the spotlighting technique. The sentiment is great in black to stand out and coordinates well with your scallop circle.

theresa said...

Oh I do like the idea of a spotlight card. I've never tried it before but might just have to and that stamp is perfect for it

Carussell Crafts said...

This is a beautiful Spotlight technique card, Sharon. The Pool Party background really make the Calypso Coral daisies pop!

Rachel Palmieri said...

Agree with everyone, this background stamp is great for spotlighting. I like the extra coloured daisy too.

Ros said...

I love how you have used the spotlight technique on your card with the daisy garden stamp set.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...