Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 26 July 2021

Week 4 - Heart of Christmas

 


I am loving our Heart of Christmas Blog hops this year and I hope you are too and getting lots of inspiration for your Christmas cards already. We are at week 4 and there are lots more to come.

Last week I fell in love with the "Angels of Peace" stamp set giving you a sneak peak at the new stamp set from the July -Dec Mini catalogue which will go live on August 3rd.and I have used it again this week and I am using another fancy fold just because I think this one also lends itself to this stamp set and I couldn't help myself!

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Fancy Fold Card, Fancy Fold, Side Step,double side step, 2 side step card, Stampin' Blends, Label Me Fancy Punch, Christmas, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit, July-Dec Mini 2021

This card is a side step card with the 2 panels so that the Angels are highlighted. I love that the Angels are oriented this way to make a card like this just so easy to make.

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Fancy Fold Card, Fancy Fold, Side Step,double side step, 2 side step card, Stampin' Blends, Label Me Fancy Punch, Christmas, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit, July-Dec Mini 2021

For this card I have chosen to use the Painted Christmas DSP from the new mini which has the gorgeous colours of Pear Pizzazz, Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen as part of the colours and those are the ones I have chosen to use.

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Fancy Fold Card, Fancy Fold, Side Step,double side step, 2 side step card, Stampin' Blends, Label Me Fancy Punch, Christmas, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit, July-Dec Mini 2021

I have used the Evening Evergreen as my card base and the Soft Succulent as the first layer of matting before using the holly layer of Pear Pizzazz Painted Christmas DSP. I have stamped the Angels in Basic Gray on Basic White and coloured them with the Stampin' Blends so I have added another green with the Mint Macaron in the dresses of the angels. Pale Papaya wings, So Saffron hair Polished Pink flowers and Evening Evergreen holly. The Sentiment on I have stamped in Basic Gray and punched out using the Label Me Fancy punch then I cut down the edges, I punched out 2 in Evening Evergreen and cut one in half and trimmed it so that only the curved edged showed so I could just have them come out around the edges. and popped it up on dimensionals like I have with the larger angel.

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Fancy Fold Card, Fancy Fold, Side Step,double side step, 2 side step card, Stampin' Blends, Label Me Fancy Punch, Christmas, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit, July-Dec Mini 2021

Don't forget to add a little star stamping and sentiment to the inside of your card.

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Fancy Fold Card, Fancy Fold, Side Step,double side step, 2 side step card, Stampin' Blends, Label Me Fancy Punch, Christmas, Christmas Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!, #loveitchopit, July-Dec Mini 2021

Hope you have enjoyed this weeks design and use of the side step card for the Angels of Peace. If you have any questions at all about this card or you would like to get the July-December mini in your hands please do not hesitate to contact me.




Now is the time to head to the next blog on our Christmas trip this week and the next person today is Claire Daly. Last week Claire bought us a set of gorgeous quick cards to make, I can't wait to see what she has for us this week so click on the button below and head there now!

If at any time there is a technical issue and one of the links are broken, (it does happen some times) please head over to this weeks host Tina Gillespie and she will have the list of all the participants and you will be able to continue the hop there. Tina's blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



16 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon the side step fancy fold is just perfect for this gorgeous stamps set - your angels are simply adorable showcased in this fancy fold.

Rosa Leyden said...

Such a soft and pretty card and those angels complement perfectly in this card design. Love the sprinkle of stars inside the card.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Lovely colours, Sharon ... and I agree, the way the angels face make it ideal to put them both on a card!

Michele and Stephen said...

Your side step card is the perfect design to showcase those beautiful angels Sharon. A truly lovely card.

Tina said...

Well, isn't this fancy fold and stamp set a match made in heaven? Pun intended, LOL! Your card is absolutely wonderful!

Rachel Woollard said...

Another stunning card Sharon, your card has been made to suit these images perfectly.

Andrea said...

Snap. I love your card with this delightful Stamp set. The Angels of Peace stamps are perfect for the Side Step fancy fold. I hope you don’t mind if I CASE it? A gorgeous, gorgeous card. Xxx

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Morgan said...

Ahh yes, the perfect fancy fold for your gorgeous angels, and a lovely colour palette.

theresa said...

Another lovely angel card Sharon and having the angels face each other is so ssweet

Carussell Crafts said...

Once again, these Angels look as if they were designed exclusively for your lovely fun-folds Sharon. Beautiful card.

Ros said...

This fancy fold is a great one to highlight the angels stamp set.

Toadallystamping.blogspot.com said...

I just love this card. The angels are so sweet and your choice of colors is on point. However, if we wanted to case this, what are the cutting dimensions? Could you provide those for us? 😄

Beth Benjamin said...

Where do I find the cutting and fold directions.

Nora zepeda said...

Love your card.Do You know were I can get the instructions for the card? Thank You.

Janice said...

Can you please share the instructions? BeAutiful card

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...