Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 9 February 2022

Week 35 - Colour Creations Blog Hop - Petal Pink

Welcome to another wonderful week of the Art With Heart Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week the team are looking at the dusty pink of Petal Pink!

I have made a Slim Line Card for you this week. I know I am late to the party as I have not made one before but I thought I would give it a go as I have just received the gorgeous dies from the Jan-June Mini Catalogue. I thought the die would make a beautiful backdrop for my Petal Pink flowers.
Rhapsody in craft, rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Petal Pink, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendly Hello, Thinking of you, support card, Saleabration 2022, Double Oval Punches, Slim Line Dies, Slim Line Cards, Natural tone Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!

So I have chosen the gorgeous Friendly Hello Stamp set from the Sale-A-Bration brochure for my card as who does not like flowers and who does not like this cute little bird?!

I cut out the Slim Line Die, well one of them and I really liked this one and thought it was perfect for my flowers in Soft Sea Foam card stock and adhered it to a Thick Basic White card Base. I did that with a little bit of liquid glue by adding it to the back and letting it almost go dry so that it was tacky and then when I put it on the card base the glue didn't seep out all over the card.
Rhapsody in craft, rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Petal Pink, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendly Hello, Thinking of you, support card, Saleabration 2022, Double Oval Punches, Slim Line Dies, Slim Line Cards, Natural tone Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!

I then stamped all the lovely flowers, leaves, the bird and the sentiment in Smoky Slate. The sentiment I punched out with the scalloped oval from the double oval punch pack from the Annual catalogue and set it aside to work on my flowers and bird.

For the bird I have used the new Natural Tones Stampin' Blends and you can get them now. They come as a set of 10 and in Light, Medium Light, Medium, Medium Deep and Deep combo pairs. I actually used 7 of these for the Bird and branch. and the lightest two on the belly of the bird go so well with Petal Pink.
Rhapsody in craft, rhapsodyincraft, #rhapsodyincraft, Petal Pink, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendly Hello, Thinking of you, support card, Saleabration 2022, Double Oval Punches, Slim Line Dies, Slim Line Cards, Natural tone Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Blends, Stampin' Up!
The flowers I have used light and dark Petal Pink and Dark So Saffron and the leaves I have used Light and Dark Mint Macaron then I fussy cut them all out and adhered them to the front of the card. Of course I am in love with pulling a few threads from the Gold Shimmer Ribbon and have popped that under the sentiment. All these years in sewing I have tried to not have fraying and here I am fraying this gorgeous ribbon! LOL! 😂

Well I think I will like working with the Natural tone blends and the Slim line dies and I love how the Natural tones worked so well with the Petal Pink so lots of colouring in my future I see.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey through Petal Pink. Just hit the next blog button and you will got straight there: This week we will be going to Michele Taylor and I just love how creative she gets with her designs can't wait to see what she has for us this week.

If for any reason the next blog buttons have some technical issue please head to our host the lovely Cathy Proctor and she will have a list of all the participants in this weeks blog hop and you can continue your Petal Pink Journey from there: Cathy's Blog

If you would like to contact me for any details please don't hesitate to hit the contact button.


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,



 
 

10 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love that these new Blends as so versatile for different stamp sets, not just skin tones.

Cathy Proctor said...

What a lovely colour combination and great use of the new blends, Sharon. I'm in awe of all that fussy cutting, wow!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

The background die makes for a lovely trellis/lattice, on which to place flowers, Sharon. Love the stamps you used (my favourite ever SAB products!), and how well the new Stampin' Blends complement Petal Pink. Lovely!

Claire said...

I really like how you have used the new Stampin' Blends colours Sharon, but that background is amazing! It's so beautiful on it's own, yet still doesn't distract from the card. I need to get out those dies now!

Rosa Leyden said...

Such a pretty card Sharon using the lattice die and arrangement of the floral images and of course the bird which is nicely coloured using the new skin tone blend colours.

Kate Morgan said...

Lovely card, Sharon. I particularly love how you used Smoky Slate as your choice of ink for the stamping, it just gives a lovely softer tone with the pink. That lovely lattice slimline style die cut is lovely in the background too!

theresa said...

Sharon your card is just beautiful and you have used the new blends perfectly.And wow all that fussy cutting.

Michele Taylor said...

I love your slimline card Sharon. Colouring your flowers with PP was a very clever way to showcase the colour. It works so well with the Mint Macaron and white.

Carussell Crafts said...

This is so lovely Sharon. A gorgeous slimline card. I just love the trellis with that beautiful bird and flowers.

Tina said...

How delightful! I feel like I'm outside in my garden, listening to the birds singing away!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...