Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 26 September 2022

Heart of Christmas - 2022 - Week 13

 

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #showusyoursheetload, #SUYSLFeb2020, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Sweet Candy Cane Bundle, Sweet Candy Cane, Candy Cane Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Adhesive-backed seasonal Sequins, Christmas cards, Sweetest Christmas DSP, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!



Welcome to week 13 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. Each week on a Monday until the end of November the Art with Heart team will bring you some fantastic Christmas inspiration for you so that you can create the most wonderful Christmas.

I am back this week after a week off for my daughter's 21st. Thank you Tina for hosting last week, you are so appreciated! I will post a couple of photos at the end.

Today I have a variation on a theme for you. A variation on a theme is a musical term and I am using that because I am casing a card from the lovely Tina Gillespie from the week 8 Heart of Christmas blog hop. I loved her sheet load of cards layout that week and her card was elegant and gorgeous. I have made a variation on that theme. Now Tina and I are both musician so I thought I would use that term tonight. Normally we would say CASE copy and share everything with your own twist! Click Here to see Tina's card!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #showusyoursheetload, #SUYSLFeb2020, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Sweet Candy Cane Bundle, Sweet Candy Cane, Candy Cane Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Adhesive-backed seasonal Sequins, Christmas cards, Sweetest Christmas DSP, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!

So for my card I am using the Sweet Candy Canes Bundle. For some reason I just had it in my head when I saw Tina's card that the Candy Cane would work perfectly for the layout. I didn't have the bundle yet so I had to wait until I put in an order so I could make these cards.

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #showusyoursheetload, #SUYSLFeb2020, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Sweet Candy Cane Bundle, Sweet Candy Cane, Candy Cane Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Adhesive-backed seasonal Sequins, Christmas cards, Sweetest Christmas DSP, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!

I chose the 4 colours that come in the Sweetest Christmas DSP, Garden Green, Real Red, Pool Party and Sweet Sorbet. Each card is on a Thick Basic White base. For this Garden Green card I have used the Garden Green dotty DSP in the Sweetest Christmas pack and then using the Candy Cane Dies I have a layer over the top of Garden Green card. I have cut out the Candy Cane from the DSP to match my card. The Mistletoe is stamped in Garden Green and Crumb Cake then cut out using the dies. One of the sentiments that I love at this time of year is this one. I think is it just the most wonderful time of the year and I have cut this out using the stitched rectangle dies using my extending technique that you have seen me use over the past few weeks.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #showusyoursheetload, #SUYSLFeb2020, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Sweet Candy Cane Bundle, Sweet Candy Cane, Candy Cane Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Adhesive-backed seasonal Sequins, Christmas cards, Sweetest Christmas DSP, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!
On the back of the Garden Green dot DSP is a Candy Cane Stripe with some Pool Party and if you move your die cut just right you have added some extra stripes to this one as it was the most wide of all the DSP stripes! I have cut out a Candy cane from the DSP that had the Pool Party to match!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #showusyoursheetload, #SUYSLFeb2020, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Sweet Candy Cane Bundle, Sweet Candy Cane, Candy Cane Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Adhesive-backed seasonal Sequins, Christmas cards, Sweetest Christmas DSP, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!

Here is the Red Dotty DSP card and this time I have chosen a 3rd sentiment. There is so much fun to be had with this stamp set and have you noticed I have used different coloured Adhesive-backed seasonal sequins on all the cards.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #showusyoursheetload, #SUYSLFeb2020, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Sweet Candy Cane Bundle, Sweet Candy Cane, Candy Cane Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Adhesive-backed seasonal Sequins, Christmas cards, Sweetest Christmas DSP, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!
The 4th colour in the DSP was Sweet Sorbet so I just had to use the Merry & Bright sentiment for this card. I also switched up the way the Candy Cane Stripes were going on the DSP to add some interest. This card also has a double linen thread bow.

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft, #showusyoursheetload, #SUYSLFeb2020, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Sweet Candy Cane Bundle, Sweet Candy Cane, Candy Cane Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Adhesive-backed seasonal Sequins, Christmas cards, Sweetest Christmas DSP, #loveitchopit, Stampin' Up!

Here they are all together. Thanks for your inspiration Tina and Sheet Load of Cards sketches, I still have other ideas of how to use this sketch. So I will see if it works out.

If you have any questions or would like to get your hands on some of these gorgeous products and get started or continue making your Christmas cards do get in contact with me.



Now is the time to head to the next very talented person on our Christmas blog hop and this week we are heading to Kate Morgan. Kate always has very creative ways to use the products and I can't wait to see what she has for us this week so just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.

If at any time you have a broken link please head back here and continue your Christmas Blog Hop from the list of very talented ladies below.


Here are a couple of photos from our Murder Mystery 21st Birthday Dinner Party!




Thank you for spending some Christmas Crafty Time with me today, take care,







9 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

What .... no fancy fold??!! I love these cards, Sharon. Great way to show the versatility of the papers and dies, and you've done mass production so well (a skill I cannot master).
Sarah looks lovely, and so happy, at her milestone birthday celebration. x

Carussell Crafts said...

A lovely set of cards using those gorgeous candy canes Sharon. I love the variety of colours, especially the pink and blue, as I adore non traditional colours for Christmas. Congratulations Sarah, on turning 21! Great pics!

Tina said...

Aww! Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad that I could both lighten your load, and inspire you! Your cards are all fabulous - I really love the last one with the hatched background. It's so fun, as are the photos of Sarah's birthday.

Rosa Leyden said...

Fabulous set of cards Sharon. I love the Candy Cane striped die offset against the various DSP. Excellent choice of sentiments for each card too! Great birthday pics and wishing your daughter a happy 21st!

Andrea said...

A beautiful set of Candy Cane cards Sharon. Love your various combinations of DSP with the background die cut and your various colour combos. Delightful addition of the mistletoe, etc. xxx

Cathy Proctor said...

What a fabulous suite of cards, Sharon! Your use of the large die is so effective in these vibrant Christmas cards. Love the photos of Sarah's party too x

Kate Morgan said...

What a fabulous way to use the patterned papers, Sharon. That large die is very cool and I thought about buying these dies, just for that one! Such a great variety of colour combinations, so they all look different. So glad Sarah had a wonderful 21st. The photos say it all!

theresa said...

What great cards Sharon and a great way to feature the papers. My fave is the Pool Party one. I just love the way the paper sits behind. Looks the celebrations were fabulous.

Michele said...

Sharon I enjoyed seeing the photos of your daughter's birthday celebration. It looked like you all enjoyed a special family event.

All four of your cards a re spectacular Sharon. I love this suite and you have certainly done it justice.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...