Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 5 October 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 23 - Gorgeous Grape

 

Hello and welcome to week 23 of the Art with Heart teams Colour Creations Blog Hop. I have been away for a few weeks from this weekly blog hop but I wanted to try and get back with a clean and simple card this week. Well that is what is in my head to plan to do let's see what comes out by the time I make my card. I am having one of those weeks. Yes, but who doesn't like to challenge themselves every now and again! Right?!

This week we are looking at Gorgeous Grape:
Gorgeous Grape

Gorgeous Grape is one of the colours from the Brights collection and is a deep rich purple!

So this is what I have come up with:
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,#colourcreationsbloghop2022,#cleanandsimplecards,#cleanandsimple,#gorgeousgrape, Gorgeous Grape, Cottage Rose, Blender Pen, Friendship Card, Blending brush, Natural Finish Ribbon,Cottage flower dies, Stampin' Up!


I have gone back to probably my most used set of the 2022-23 Annual Catalogue and that is the Cottage Rose. I will link you back to some of my Cottage Rose Posts right at the end of this post if you want to go back and have a look some time.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop,#colourcreationsbloghop2022,#cleanandsimplecards,#cleanandsimple,#gorgeousgrape, Gorgeous Grape, Cottage Rose, Blender Pen, Friendship Card, Blending brush, Natural Finish Ribbon, Cottage flower dies, Stampin' Up!


I took out the blending brush and gave a little shadow of gorgeous grape behind the focal rose. Instead of using the large rose from the stamp set I used the medium. I took the blender pen and carefully added some dark lines of Gorgeous grape (as I had stamped the image in Basic Grey) and when there was less ink on the blender pen I added some paler gorgeous grape ink to the outer edge of the petals. The Natural Finish Ribbon I thought was a nice background for the flower and the leaves that I coloured in old olive stampin' blends.

If you have any questions about my project today please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey of Gorgeous Grape and today you will be going to Cathy Proctor, I love the way she creates such elegant cards, so just hit on the next blog button and you will go straight there. I can't wait to see what she has for us today!

If at anytime you find a broken link please head to our lovely weekly host Cathy Proctor and on her blog she will have the list of the Art with Heart team members participating this week. Thanks Cathy: Cathy's Blog

If you want to look back at some other ideas for this gorgeous stamp set here are the blog posts to get some other ideas for how to use the Cottage Rose Bundle:

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,







7 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love the Blender colouring of your flower and leaves

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

So pretty, Sharon. I love the softly blended background, and all the white space that lets this gorgeous colour stand on its own.

Cathy Proctor said...

I love how you have shown the softer side of Gorgeous Grape, Sharon. This is so soft and pretty!

Rosa Leyden said...

Very pretty card Sharon accentuated by the softly blended background and pretty flowers. The ribbon adds lovely natural contrast.

Diane Furniss said...

So pretty and elegant Sharon, I love it.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh I love the soft tones you've managed to achieve with such a dark, rich purple. The soft blending is beautiful behind your gorgeous purple flower, Sharon. Gorgeous card x

Rachel Palmieri said...

Cottage Rose is perfect in Gorgeous Grape, your card is very stylish.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...