Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 15 June 2022

Colour Creations Blog hop - 2022-23 - Basic Gray

 


This week for our Colour Creations Blog Hop we are looking at one of the Neutrals and I find it somewhat hard to make them the star of the show as I always need to put in a pop of colour and I have done so again this time but Basic Gray still shines through!


I am continuing my small set of Cottage Rose cards without using the full suite to give you an idea of how versatile this stamp set is. Last week I did the fancy shutter fold card and this week a simple stamping card with a little embossing a colouring!

Rhapsody in craft, Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Cottage Rose, Stampin' Up, Stampin' Blends, Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop,Annual Catalogue 2022-2

This is a simple and quick card to make and with using the Basic Gray as your foundation you can change up the colours very easily to make a lovely set of cards.

So how did I put it together.


I have a card base of Basic Gray and then a layer on top of Basic Gray that I have embossed with the NEW Quatrefoil Tile embossing folder. Of course if you don't have this yet you can use another embossing folder of just add a layer of plan Basic Gray but seriously look at this embossing folder it is gorgeous and you are going to want to have it! So add it to your next order, put it on your wish list now! It is so lovely in real life!
Then on a piece of Smokey Slate I stamped in Basic Gray the  large rose and the sentiment.


I took out my blends and went to work. I just love colouring with the blends. Ok I love to colour so it doesn't matter what different colour tool Stampin' Up! has I love to use them all.


I started with dark So Saffron

Added some Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo

Then some Dark and Light Soft Succulent and the colouring was complete.
Rhapsody in craft, Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Cottage Rose, Stampin' Up, Stampin' Blends, Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop,Annual Catalogue 2022-2
Popped the focal point image on some Flirty Flamingo card.
Popped that on some dimensionals. I have used a few here as I don't like the middle to sag but you don't have to use this many. You are still looking at that embossing of the Quatrefoil aren't you? I am it is gorgeous!
Rhapsody in craft, Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Cottage Rose, Stampin' Up, Stampin' Blends, Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop,Annual Catalogue 2022-2

Adhere your focal image to your card base and Quatrefoil layer and you are done for the outside. If you want to add some bling but I haven't done that this week.

Rhapsody in craft, Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Cottage Rose, Stampin' Up, Stampin' Blends, Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop,Annual Catalogue 2022-2
Ok I said you were done but if you would like you could also use your Blending brushes with a little bit of Flirty flamingo to go around the edges of the Basic White card so that is not toooooo white and ties in the front of your card.
Rhapsody in craft, Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Cottage Rose, Stampin' Up, Stampin' Blends, Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder, Friendship Card, #colourcreationsblophop,Annual Catalogue 2022-23

If you would like to get your hands on any of the products to make this card or what more information please do not hesitate to contact me. Just hit the contact button.


Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey of Basic Gray and today we will be going to Rachel Palmieri, I love seeing what she makes each week. Just hit on the next blog button and you will go straight there.


If at anytime the next blog buttons don't work just come back here and head to our blog host Cathy Proctor. Each week Cathy has the list of everyone participating and you can continue your journey of Basic Gray there: Cathy's Blog

 Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today. Take care,





8 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Gorgeous colouring and stunning card, Sharon. I love how you show the step by step instructions too.

Rachel Woollard said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I too love that embossing folder. I love the colours you’ve chosen to pair with Basic Grey.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Sharon and I love how you have used a Smoky Slate front panel for a softer effect. That Quatrefoil EF looks scrumptious!

Tina said...

LOL, I would add another four Dimensionals to that panel! Your card is so beautiful - I will have to look at that EF, I hadn't noticed it yet. The flower looks great - gee, the Blends work well on the coloured cardstock.

Rosa Leyden said...

Adding my name ☺️

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Yes, the embossing folder is beautiful ... and you may well have convinced me I need it! LOL. Nice idea, to stamp in Basic Gray on Smoky Slate card, and to add colour. Lovely card, Sharon. x

Kathryn Ruddick said...

I love that you stamped on the Smoky. Slate layer! Nice one! And yes, I need to add that embossing folder to my wish list.

Diane Furniss said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I now have to put Cottage Rose on my list. I love your colouring.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...