Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 20 November 2023

Heart of Christmas - Week 16 - 2023

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Spin Slide Fold Card, Night Divine, Joy of Noel, Stars at Night Hybrid, Shining Brightly Specialty DSP, O Holy Night DSP Night of Navy & Gold Glittered Ribbon, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, Stampin' Up,#stampinup, #loveitchopit

Welcome to The Heart of Christmas. Can you believe it is only 5 weeks until Christmas. That is crazy! Where has the year gone?!

This week I have tried to find yet another fancy fold. I was looking through some of my old designs and I found one but I couldn't find my blog post for it so I thought well this has to be a winner. I will try that but then I couldn't find how I made it so I had to pull apart a partially made base with no decorations to see how I made it so I could make it again for you. Don't worry I did it very carefully so that I can reglue it and decorate it!

Here goes nothing!

Here is my original!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Spin Slide Fold Card, Night Divine, Joy of Noel, Stars at Night Hybrid, Shining Brightly Specialty DSP, O Holy Night DSP Night of Navy & Gold Glittered Ribbon, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, Stampin' Up,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
And it opens out like this:
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Spin Slide Fold Card, Night Divine, Joy of Noel, Stars at Night Hybrid, Shining Brightly Specialty DSP, O Holy Night DSP Night of Navy & Gold Glittered Ribbon, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, Stampin' Up,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
Then you keep folding it out:
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Spin Slide Fold Card, Night Divine, Joy of Noel, Stars at Night Hybrid, Shining Brightly Specialty DSP, O Holy Night DSP Night of Navy & Gold Glittered Ribbon, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, Stampin' Up,#stampinup, #loveitchopit

I obviously hadn't given it away to anyone for Christmas! I will have to do that this year! LOL!

So I just had to CASE my own card for our hop today! I was trying to work out what to call it so I am going to call it a Spin, Slide, Fold Out Card! I have no idea I need to be better at names! 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Spin Slide Fold Card, Night Divine, Joy of Noel, Stars at Night Hybrid, Shining Brightly Specialty DSP, O Holy Night DSP Night of Navy & Gold Glittered Ribbon, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, Stampin' Up,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
I have gone all sparkly and starry with my card and used the gorgeous Shining Brightly Specialty DSP for my card!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Spin Slide Fold Card, Night Divine, Joy of Noel, Stars at Night Hybrid, Shining Brightly Specialty DSP, O Holy Night DSP Night of Navy & Gold Glittered Ribbon, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, Stampin' Up,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
So the base of the card is Night of Navy and then layered with Very Vanilla and a layer of the gorgeous Shining Brightly Specialty DSP then I got out the Stars at Night Hybrid Embossing folder where the dies cut out the stars at the same time as you emboss! Love it and the Stars are beautiful! I have added the Night Of Navy & Gold Glittered ribbon under the star along with some die cut leaves and twigs. The leaves are in Coastal Cabana and Pretty Peacock. How good do they look with the Night of Navy and of course a little bit of Crumb Cake! The sentiments and all the sentiments when you see them are stamped in Night of Navy on Very Vanilla card and fussy cut out!

Now let's open the card out!

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Spin Slide Fold Card, Night Divine, Joy of Noel, Stars at Night Hybrid, Shining Brightly Specialty DSP, O Holy Night DSP Night of Navy & Gold Glittered Ribbon, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, Stampin' Up,#stampinup, #loveitchopit
To open the card for the first stage you pull on the two ribbons and the cards will twist out. They are held together in the card by a square brad that you can find in the Annual Catalogue. Again this layer had the gorgeous Specialty DSP and those stars and fussy cut sentiments.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#heartofchristmas, Christmas Card, Fancy Fold, Spin Slide Fold Card, Night Divine, Joy of Noel, Stars at Night Hybrid, Shining Brightly Specialty DSP, O Holy Night DSP Night of Navy & Gold Glittered Ribbon, #artwithheart, Art With Heart, Stampin' Up,#stampinup, #loveitchopit

One more fold out layer. You fold the two sides out to reveal more stars and two sections to write on that I have decorated with more leaves to tie in with the front decorations.

Here is a little video showing you how the card opens and closes.


I had a lot of fun CASing my own card, if you would like a little more info on how to put it together just let me know.

Now is the time to head to the next amazing team member to see their fabulous creations for this week. We will be heading to Andrea Sargent, I love her gorgeous water colour creations and her fine detail, I can't wait to see what she has for us this week. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight to her.

If for any reason there is a glitch in one of the next blog buttons and you don't go where you were expecting, you can continue your journey from the list of amazing talent listed below:

Andrea Sargent:
Kate Morgan:
Rachel Woollard:
Christine Blain:
Caroline Manwaring:
Judy May:
Sharon Davern: <=You are here

Don't forget to come back next Monday for the last week of The Heart of Christmas for 2023.

Thank you for spending some Christmas Crafty time with me today, take care,



4 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

That is a very clever fold, Sharon - and there's nothing wrong with the name you came up with! Very descriptive. :) You have decorated your new version beautifully. The navy, vanilla and gold is really elegant, and I agree that the colours of the die cut foliage look lovely with the Crumb Cake on the card.

Andrea said...

Another stand out fancy fold Sharon. Thank you for the video to show how the card opens - it is amazing. i would love to give this fold a try, but will need to be in a better head space. I love your luscious decoration of the fancy fold. It is so gorgeous with Night of Navy, Very Vanilla and metallic. So so gorgeous. I am in awe of your talent. xxx

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, that is more fancy than my brain can handle. You must lie awake at night just to come up with these extravegant ideas. I do love all the stars and sparkles with the Navy, Gold and Vanilla though, so regal and lush. I am so glad you did a little video, as I couldn't work out how it worked!

Carussell Crafts said...

And yet again, another AMAZING fun-fold card. It's quite spectacular, and I think it would be a great card to add some photos to the panels for a very special Christmas card. One to remember for sure. xx

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...