Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 6 November 2023

Heart Of Christmas - Week 14 - 2023

 




Welcome to Heart of Christmas Week 14 for 2023. We are on the home stretch of our Heart of Christmas inspiration for this year as we have just 4 more weeks including today for our Heart of Christmas blog hop for 2023. Then it will be December and you will be ready with all of your Christmas cards to send!

Today I have for you a fancy fold card that my dear friend and our fellow Heart of Christmas blog hopper Kate Morgan sent me. She thought I might be looking for a new fold that I needed to try out. Well Kate today is the day for you. She sent me a video of a card by Sam Calcott in the UK. Well I thought I had better adjust all the measurements and make sure that it would fit into our envelopes. I did actually accomplish that so here goes.

It did take me a little bit to work it out and I am blaming my migraine brain this week on taking just a couple of goes to get it the right size. I don't think that was too bad for a brain being on fire! It is basically a triple fold card that doesn't want to end really.  So I did the base in Shaded Spruce and worked my way up from there. You had to cut on piece of card stock and then add another to the end to get it to be this long.

For the card I layered the whole card in gold foil and then with layered that with the Joy of Christmas DSP. For the front of the card I have used The Joy of Noel Bundle and cut out the Noel in Gold Foil, I have stamped Joyous from the stamp set in Basic Grey and fussy cut it out. I have cut out a circle using the Deckled Circle Dies and using a little bit of Balmy Blue I have blended over the circle to take that bit of raw white off the circle. Under the circle I have layered Spruce leaves and stamped and  a sprig of holly and leaves and coloured them in with the Stampin' Blends and layered them on a cut out layer of Rose Gold Foil.

On the inside I have kept the decorations very minimal so that the card can fold down.
On the first panel I have gold embossed Deck the halls.
Making Spirits bright is gold embossed for the middle sections.
The last panel Tidings of comfort and joy is also gold embossed and cut out using the Christmas classic dies and layered like the first panel with some die cut leaves.

On the back I made a space for writing

What a fun and crazy card this has been.

Plus it folds flat and fits into our envelopes so there is that too!

If you have any questions about my card today please don't hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next amazing person on our Christmas inspiration tour and this week you will be heading to Michele Taylor, just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there

If at any time the next blog button doesn't go where you expect it to go you can continue your journey from the list below of those participating this week:
Sharon Davern <= You are here

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,






7 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

It IS a bit crazy, but what a fantastic job you did, working out all the measurements and decorating it so beautifully, Sharon! I hope you feel much better this week. x

Andrea said...

Wow, oh wow your card is amazing Sharon. Your fancy fold does go on and on and you have executed is beautifully. I love all the gold embossing and gold foil NOEL. All so gorgeous xxx

Kate Morgan said...

Oh Em Gee, Sharon, I cannot believe you attempted that fold this week with your crazy migraine. You absolutely nailed this and I'm going to have to aske you for the measurements (pretty please). I love how you decorated it too and the front is gorgeous with the NOEL in the circle wreath. I do hope your migraine is easing for you xx

Carussell Crafts said...

My lovely friend, you have managed to create a most beautiful fun-fold card even though your head was hurting you. Such a lovely combination of patterns too. Hope your headache has eased today. xx

Sharon said...

It was a go slow and steady but I had it stuck in my head and I couldn't think of what else to do so it just had to be done 🤣I will send you the measurements in the next couple of days x

Judy May said...

Another amazing fancy fold, Sharon. Nothing like a challenge when you're head is about to burst! It is perfect for showcasing the beautiful Joy of Christmas papers.

Michele Taylor said...

Every week I think, "Sharon can't possibly have another new fancy fold to share." And, here we are with a stunner. I am so glad Kate shared this with you as it made for a beautiful card.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 1 - 2024-25 - Peach Pie

  Welcome to week 1 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop! How exciting it is to be in a brand nee year of Stampin' Up! with a new ca...