Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 19 June 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 8 - 2024-2025 - Balmy Blue

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
 

This week we are looking at Balmy Blue one lovely blue colours.


I have made a Joy Fold card for you! It is a simple and quick fancy or fun fold card that is quite impressive for the receiver but so easy to make!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit

I have actually used 3 stamp sets to create this card as I realised that I really didn't have exactly what I needed to make a male birthday card for my daughter's boyfriend so I mixed a matched from ones that I had to create this  card for him.

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
I started with a piece of Country Lace DSP which is in Smoky Slate and I used my blending brush to add some Balmy Blue. As you can see by each photo you really do add quite a bit of colour even if you don't think you are!

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit

The card recipient likes waterfalls and nature so I thought great I would try and make a birthday card out of the Quiet Reflections.  The card base is in Balmy Blue and are 2 pieces folded in half. The larger piece you cut a small portion off to create the fold. I have then layered with Blueberry Bushel card stock before layering the Country Lace DSP .

Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
On the front piece I have stamped on Basic White the larger refection scene in Basic Gray and then with a sponge dauber, and some Garden Green ink added some green to the trees, after I had added some Balmy Blue to the whole card that was left on my blending brush.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
On the inside I have stamped the other image and given the same treatment to the image and card. From this point you could make the card a Sympathy card or anything you would like.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
To finish the card to make it a birthday card I have stamped the leaf  image from the Thoughtful wishes stamp and colour it with the Light and Dark Old Olive Stampin Blends and cut it out with the Thoughtful Wishes Dies. While I had the dies out I cut out a branch in Basic Beige and the 2 flowers in Calypso Coral and Fresh Freesia and adhered them to the side of the front before doing a double bow in white bakers twine. The sentiment is from Thoughtful Wishes and I have cut it out with the Stylish Shapes dies.
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit

On the inside of the card I stamped Happy Birthday from the Country Birdhouse stamp set. I had already adhered the card down  as to show you that you could make the card for any situation before I stamped the Happy Birthday in Balmy Blue!
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit

Did you pick up on one more detail on the card? I put the Balmy Blue Blended Country Lace DSP through the Cut & Emboss Machine with the Eyelet 3D embossing folder!
Rhapsody in Craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsboghop, Balmy Blue, #balmyblue, Double Open Joy Fold Card, Joy Fold Card, Fancy Fold Card, Male Birthday, Birthday Card, Thoughtful Wishes, Thoughtful Wishes Bundle, Thoughtful Wishes Dies, Country Birdhouse, Quiet Reflection, Country Lace DSP, Eyelet 3D embossing folder, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, #loveitchopit
I do hope you have enjoyed my Balmy Blue Joy Fold Birthday Card.
If you have any questions about my project today please do not hesitate to contact me.
Now is the time to head to the next creative team member and this week you will be heading to the amazing Cathy Proctor. I can't wait to see her beautiful projects. Hit the next blog button and you will go straight there:
If for some reason one of the next blog buttons doesn't go where you are expecting, come back here and head to our weekly host the lovely Cathy Proctor and she will have a list of all those participating in this weeks challenge of Balmy Blue!

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,






7 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I love that you featured Balmy Blue by blending ink on Smoky Slate patterned paper, Sharon. Also, the addition of Garden Green ink to the trees, using a sponge dauber, looks fab! I think Sarah's boyfriend (excuse me, I think we need to catch up about this, LOL) will love this handmade beauty.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, I know that your daughter's boyfriend will love the Balmy Blue Joy Fold Birthday Card you have made for him. This is a fabulous masculine card for an outdoor/nature lover!

Rachel Woollard said...

I definitely enjoyed your joy fold card. What a fantastic masculine card you have made. Great idea to add Balmy Blue to the DSP.

Rosa Leyden said...

Sharon I love how you put your card together with the different blended ink and embossed layers. The reflection and stamped trees suit the Balmy Blue elements in this masculine card.

theresa said...

a great fancy fold card to feature Balmy Blue that I am sure your daughter's boyfriend will be very appreciative of the work put into creating it.

Kate Morgan said...

I'm certain Sarah's boyfriend will be impressed with this joyfold card. I love how you added the blending of ink to make it more masculine and the Quiet Reflections stamps are perfect for a nature enthusiast.

Ros said...

I'm sure Sarah's boyfriend is going to appreciate the card a lot! You put in a lot of effort to make it just so for him. Great job!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 9 - 2024 -2025 - Basic Gray

Today we are highlighting one of our Neutral colours for week 9 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog hop and that colour is Basic Gray! Toda...