Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 12 June 2024

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 7 - 2024-2025 - Azure Afternoon

 

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Azure Afternoon, Stacked Triple Diamond Card, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Country Birdhouse, Country Birdhouse Dies, Country Birdhouse Bundle, Spotlight on Nature, Stampin' Blends, Wildly Flowering DSP, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendship card, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin up

Welcome to Week 7 of the 2024-25 Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are delving into the colours that are in the Annual Catalogue that were not added new this year! Azure Afternoon is a blue from our bright colour range! 
Today I have made a card for you called the Stacked Triple Diamond Card! I followed the directions from Iced Images so it is a bit bigger than will fit into our envelopes. Next I will need to work on making it a little smaller to fit into our envelopes. Alternatively I will make a box or an envelope to fit it!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Azure Afternoon, Stacked Triple Diamond Card, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Country Birdhouse, Country Birdhouse Dies, Country Birdhouse Bundle, Spotlight on Nature, Stampin' Blends, Wildly Flowering DSP, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendship card, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin up
I have used 2 stamp sets for this card the Spotlight on Nature and the Country Birdhouse.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Azure Afternoon, Stacked Triple Diamond Card, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Country Birdhouse, Country Birdhouse Dies, Country Birdhouse Bundle, Spotlight on Nature, Stampin' Blends, Wildly Flowering DSP, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendship card, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin up

Now this is all one piece of Azure Afternoon card for the base. It may look a little complicated but it is all about 2 cuts and some scoring vertically and diagonally and you fold and guess what you get a stacked triple diamond fold!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Azure Afternoon, Stacked Triple Diamond Card, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Country Birdhouse, Country Birdhouse Dies, Country Birdhouse Bundle, Spotlight on Nature, Stampin' Blends, Wildly Flowering DSP, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendship card, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin up

For the decoration on the side panels I have layered first with a gorgeous panel of Wildly Flowering DSP, which is gorgeous but I wanted to have the muted colour and little pops of the design behind rather than the starkness and boldness of straight card stock can sometimes be as a layer! Try DSP as a layer sometimes it softens the look! So then I stamped the flower and the butterfly from Spotlight on Nature and coloured those with the Stampin' Blends. I used Light and Dark Soft Sea Foam and Light Mossy Meadow and the leaves. For the flowers I have used Dark Bubble Bath and Light Moody Mauve. The Butterfly I have used Light and Dark Azure AFternoon, Light Balmy Blue and Dark Crumb Cake. I stamped over top of the whole card with the cross hash stamp in Basic Beige. I stamped off once first then kept stamping until no ink then inked again stamped off once then went again until the whole panel was stamped.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Azure Afternoon, Stacked Triple Diamond Card, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Country Birdhouse, Country Birdhouse Dies, Country Birdhouse Bundle, Spotlight on Nature, Stampin' Blends, Wildly Flowering DSP, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendship card, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin up

For the decoration on the diamonds I have used the Country Birdhouse stamp set and dies. I stamped the greeting in Smokey Slate and fussy cut out then layered on Azure Afternoon card and fussy cut again before popping up on mini dimensionals. The middle diamond, I have stamped the bird in Smokey slate and coloured again in Stampin' Blends, Light and Dark Crumb Cake, Light Wild Wheat, Light Balmy Blue and Light Azure Afternoon. And if you go in real close I have given the bird a red eye. Those photographs always getting red eyes! The 3rd Diamond I have coloured the little flowers with the same coloured Stampin' Blends I have used before and like under the bird I have have layered with the die cut Soft Sea Foam and Mossy Meadow leaves.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Azure Afternoon, Stacked Triple Diamond Card, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Country Birdhouse, Country Birdhouse Dies, Country Birdhouse Bundle, Spotlight on Nature, Stampin' Blends, Wildly Flowering DSP, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendship card, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin up
On the back of the card I have layered the gorgeous Wildly Flowering DSP and some Basic White card so you can write to your friend. You can also see the fun folding of the diamonds from the back!
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft, Azure Afternoon, Stacked Triple Diamond Card, Fancy Fold, Fun Fold, Country Birdhouse, Country Birdhouse Dies, Country Birdhouse Bundle, Spotlight on Nature, Stampin' Blends, Wildly Flowering DSP, #colourcreationsbloghop, Friendship card, #artwithheart, #loveitchopit,Stampin up
Well dear friends it was a fun card to make so please reach out if you have any  have any questions about my project today, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey around Azure Afternoon and you will be heading to Cathy Proctor, I can't wait to see what she has created for us. Hit the next blog button and you will go directly there.

If for any reason the next blog button goes where you were not expecting please come back here and head to our amazing weekly host the lovely  Cathy Proctor and she will have a list of those participating in this week's challenge and you will be able to continue your hop from there: Azure Afternoon

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,


8 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Nice job with the cutting and scoring, Sharon - it would totally confuse me! LOL. I love the addition of the cross-hatch stamping in Basic Beige, along with flowers and a bird - such pretty elements.

Rachel Woollard said...

Wow! Another stunning card Sharon, so many details to love and so many folds, the mind boggles!

Cathy Proctor said...

Well excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! Your Stacked Triple Diamond Card is amazing, Sharon! I love this colour combination too - everything about this card is amazing!

theresa said...

As always a fabulous fancy fold card Sharon to feature Azure Afternoon. Spotlight on Nature was the perfect stamp set for the 2 side panels.

Rosa Leyden said...

Pretty impressive stack of diamond panels Sharon. I love how you decorated each one and the stamped floral side panel with the pretty butterflies.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, that looks way too complicated to me, but good on you giving it a go! I love howe you have decorated it with different products that all coordinate beautifully.

Vicki Boucher Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Australia said...

Love the two stamp sets used together and you certainly are the queen of fancy folds!

Ros said...

Whoa, that's quite a fancy card and would certainly impress anybody!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 8 - 2024-2025 - Balmy Blue

  This week we are looking at Balmy Blue one lovely blue colours. I have made a Joy Fold card for you! It is a simple and quick fancy or fu...