Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 24 May 2018

Stampin' Up - In Colour - Art With Heart May 2018 Blog Hop






Tonight, the Art with Heart team are sharing creative projects featuring “In Colors” theme. Check out the new 2018 - 2020 In colors and let’s not forget the current 2017 - 2019 in colors. If you would like a copy of the 2018-2019 annual catalogue, contact any of the girls on the blog hop and we will get in touch with you.

Tonight, you would have come to me from the lovely Caroline Manwaring on your blog hop journey, let’s continue our fun.

I don’t know about you, but I just love it when a new annual catalogue comes out and we get to see what the new “In Colours” are! It is so exciting! I have chosen to feature the very new 2018-2020 in colours in the blog hop tonight.

I have made 2 cards to show you tonight, one which is very simple and uses all 5 of the new in colours and the other one well is a little more involved. You know me by now I like to do a fancy fold card every now and then but this card it uses 4 of the new In Colours.


My first card tonight is simple, yet elegant. You are just going to love the Graceful Glass Designer Vellum. There are so many beautiful designs, 12 in fact that are just perfect for stained glassed work and you can use any colouring technique to colour them. I have chosen to use my blender pen on this occasion. I just squeezed the lid of the ink pad onto the ink so that it would leave a little ink on the inside of the lid and then picked it up with the blender pen and on the back of the image I coloured these gorgeous birds.


They are almost like rainbow lorikeets which I have in my back yard on occasion and I just love. I really missed the gorgeous birds that we have here in Australia when I lived in the concrete jungle of New York city.


So I used all of the colours but the Pineapple Punch to colour the birds, I used that colour as my card base. I also used Early Espresso on the beaks. To hold the vellum onto the card base I have used mini glue dots under the Clear Rhinestones and some snail under the sentiment. This is so the adhesive is not visible through the vellum.

The sentiment is from the Beautiful You stamp set and I thought it just went perfect with these gorgeous birds. I have inked it up with our black memento ink and punched it out with our Tailored Tag punch and backed it with a basic black tag cut in half.

I am a sucker for ribbon and trims and Stampin’ up have some gorgeous new offerings for us in the new catalogue this year. So, I couldn’t resist adding a little bit of 1/8” Black Cord to the card as well.


For my second card I came across a tutorial for the T-Slide card on Splitcoast stampers and I thought I just had to give this a go.



Can you guess which new “in colour’ I didn’t use on this card?.......... Yes, that is correct Blueberry Bushel. I did manage to get the other 4 on this card however. The balloons from Hand Delivered stamp set again I have used my blender pen and the gorgeous, Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove and Call Me Clover and once it was dry I just had to make them all sparkly with the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. The blouse of the lady holding the balloons is done in Pineapple Punch and the skirt is in Grapefruit Grove, I have popped her up on some dimensionals.

Behind our balloon holding gift giver I have stamped the lovely little flower that comes in the Hand Delivered stamp set and they are coloured in with the gorgeous In Colours again using the blender pen. Cut out with the largest square of the Stitched Shaped framelits!
You may have noticed the little tab on the right-hand side of the card, if I pull that it will side out and open the front of the card front to reveal the sentiment….  ”Love celebrating you!”  I have punched out the tab with the Circle Tab punch and attached it to the T-Slide mechanism.





Now the simply gorgeous DSP is the very special Share What You Love Specialty DSP and this particular piece is perfectly matched to the In Colour of Grapefruit Grove but it also has a translucent, pearlized finish on it. Oh, it is absolutely gorgeous!

On the inside of the card I have stamped the little flowers from the Hand Delivered stamp set

Here are the products that I used in these cards.
PRODUCTS
Stamps
Beautiful You, Hand Delivered
Card Stock and Papers
Graceful Glass Designer Vellum, Share What You Love Specialty DSP, Pineapple Punch, Grapefruit Grove, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink
Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel, Early Espresso, Memento Black
Acecessories / Embellishments
1/8”(3.2mm) Black Cord, Clear Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
Tools
Stitched Shapes Framelit die, Circle Tab Punch, Tailored Tag Punch, Big Shot, Trimmer, paper snips, Tear & Tape adhesive, mini glue dots, snail, bone folder, dimensionals  


Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented and lovely, Claire Daly



If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
Ros Davidson
Caroline Manwaring
Sharon Davern ,<=You are here
Claire Daly
Tina Gillespie
Rebecca Jacovou
Kate Morgan
Alisha Watson
Rachel Palmieri
Catherine Proctor
Monika O’Neill

Please contact me if you have any questions about these cards or any of your Stampin' Up needs.


Hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for spending some time with me.
Take Care


9 comments:

Claire said...

Wow, both beautiful cards. That vellum piece is perfect. I just love how the colouring has turned out and how you have used the black and white to compliment but not overwhelm. Love the little surprise you had in store with the T fold too! Thankyou for taking part in the Art With Heart team monthly blog hops.

Ros Davidson said...

Lovely cards, esp. like the t-slider one. Have to try that, as it is a new one to me.

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Beautiful cards Sharon, your fancy fold card is gorgeous xx

Cathy Proctor said...

I just love both of these cards Sharon x

Carussell Crafts said...

Beautiful cards Sharon. The bird card is just so pretty and a clever way of hiding your adhesive with the rhinestones and sentiment. And your slider card is one I am definitely going to try my hand at now, I love your spin on it! :)xx

Scrappingran@hotmail.com said...

Lovely cards Sharon, I’ve never seen a t-bar slider card before have to find the tutorial and have a go❤️

Alisha said...

WOW!! Love that card Sharon, something I will have to try.

Kate Morgan said...

Lovely cads, Sharon. I hank I might have to get some of that vellum now and the T-slider card is so clever.

Tina said...

Aww, your cards are really lovely! I'm definitely intrigued by the t-bar slider card!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...