Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 22 November 2018

Stampin' Up - Art With Heart Team Blog Hop November 2018 - Sketch Challenge


illuminated Christmas, His Light, Subtle TIEF, Christmas Card, Rhapsody in craft, Art with Heart, DIY Cards




Well this is the last Art With Heart team monthly blog hop for this year however the weekly colour creation hops are on going through out the year so there is still plenty of inspiration from the team.

Tonight the Art with Heart team are sharing creative projects featuring a card sketch. We hope you like how we have each put our own spin on the sketch and that it inspires you to get creative and make some fabulous cards. If you are inspired by the sketch, please share with us!


I have been quite literal in my interpretation of the sketch tonight and made a Christmas card with it!

Illuminated Christmas, His Light, Subtle TIEF, Rhapsody in craft, Christmas Cards, DIY Card, AWH Blog Hop,

I have used the Illuminated Christmas and His Light stamp sets for this card. The Subtle TIEF was used on champagne foil paper. I do have a love of copper foil but I thought I would use the champagne foil today and it looks so gorgeous embossed in the subtles folder. I have to thank Kate Morgan for that lovely idea as she used it a few weeks ago in one of her blog posts.

I have heat embossed the star in copper on very vanilla and then highlighted with daffodil delight ink using a sponge dauber. The gorgeous DSP is from the Joyous Noel Specialty pack and the little bow is made with a combination of the cherry cobbler and very vanilla festive farmhouse cotton twine.

The sentiment is from the His Light stamp set and I have cut it out using one of the thinlits from Petals and More thinlits pack. The rhinestones on either end are the clear ones but I have used my dark cherry cobber Stampin' Blends to colour them.

Now it is time to hop over to my the lovely and talented friend Monika, I always look forward to seeing what she has created for our blog hops.

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
Rebecca Jacovou
Caroline Manwaring
Sharon Davern <=You are here
Monika O’Neill
Sue Madex
Ros Davidson
Kate Morgan
Andrea Roberts
Tina Gillespie
Rachel Woollard 



If you would like anymore information about this card or would like a catalogue please don't hesitate to contact me:


Thank you for spending some time with me today, take care:

6 comments:

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Oh snap, another beautiful effect with foil paper and Subtle EF

Ros Davidson said...

I love the way you have highlighted the embossed star. Thanks for taking part in the sketch blog hop this month.

Cardsloveink said...

What a lovely card.

Kate Morgan said...

Wonderful layering and use of the embossed foil with the dsp and stamping, fantastic!

Carussell Crafts said...

Haha, yep snap Sharon! Isn't the embossed foil effective?! I love it. Your card is so special, I just love it.

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Stunning card Sharon, love all the details and the gold foil really sets it off beautifully. xx

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...