Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 13 September 2021

Week 11 - Heart of Christmas

 

Welcome to week 11 of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop.
This week you may have come to me from Michele Taylor or you may have started here either way welcome and hope you enjoy today's hop.

I went for something a little different today. I needed to do a quick card as it is my daughter's 20th Birthday today. EEK! No more teenager's in the house! She has requested a very specific cake, I will put it at the end of the post. So quick card it was. I decided 15 quick cards were the go.

Rhapsody in Craft, Colour Blocking, For Unto Us, Hippo & Friends Dies, Merry Melody 3D Heartwarming Hugs, Harvest Meadow, Peaceful Prints, Peaceful Place Brushed Metallic, Red Foil, Black Glitter Paper, Stamp a stack, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2021


 At the beginning of each new catalogue, either the annual catalogue or the mini catalogue I participate in a Designer Series paper and other specialty papers share. Where you can get a 1/4 sample of each of the new papers and some other people get a share in those papers and you all share the cost. So I thought I had better use a bit off my shares up and put these gorgeous papers to some good use.

Rhapsody in Craft, Colour Blocking, For Unto Us, Hippo & Friends Dies, Merry Melody 3D Heartwarming Hugs, Harvest Meadow, Peaceful Prints, Peaceful Place Brushed Metallic, Red Foil, Black Glitter Paper, Stamp a stack, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2021


I started with the Heart Warming Hugs DSP, I kind of used them as my colour block on my card and then had different DSP behind them depending on what I had left from the different paper shares and even a couple from a Sale-a-bration DSP. Once I had cut my Heart Warming Hugs DSP into the 2 sizes for the backdrop of the stamped greeting and I put together a few more DSP backdrops and adhered the colour blocks onto them. Once I had done that I put the whole lot through with the Merry Melody 3D Embossing folder.
Rhapsody in Craft, Colour Blocking, For Unto Us, Hippo & Friends Dies, Merry Melody 3D Heartwarming Hugs, Harvest Meadow, Peaceful Prints, Peaceful Place Brushed Metallic, Red Foil, Black Glitter Paper, Stamp a stack, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2021


I have made 15 card for you today. I made them as a stamp a stack. So in the Heart Warming Hugs DSP the colours are Real Red, Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzazz so I stamped 2 of the Christmas Greetings from For Unto Us stamp set in the 3 colours.
Rhapsody in Craft, Colour Blocking, For Unto Us, Hippo & Friends Dies, Merry Melody 3D Heartwarming Hugs, Harvest Meadow, Peaceful Prints, Peaceful Place Brushed Metallic, Red Foil, Black Glitter Paper, Stamp a stack, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2021


Once I had stamped them in the 3 colours I got out the Hippo & Friends Dies which has some great frames and I used those to cut out the Christmas Greetings to put on the front of the cards. I am loving these label/frames dies from Hippo & Friends.

Rhapsody in Craft, Colour Blocking, For Unto Us, Hippo & Friends Dies, Merry Melody 3D Heartwarming Hugs, Harvest Meadow, Peaceful Prints, Peaceful Place Brushed Metallic, Red Foil, Black Glitter Paper, Stamp a stack, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2021


Each card either has a ribbon in Shimmer Gold or Evening Evergreen Sheer as it goes really well with the Pear Pizzazz in the DSP or a couple I just use the Matt black Dots.

Rhapsody in Craft, Colour Blocking, For Unto Us, Hippo & Friends Dies, Merry Melody 3D Heartwarming Hugs, Harvest Meadow, Peaceful Prints, Peaceful Place Brushed Metallic, Red Foil, Black Glitter Paper, Stamp a stack, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2021

So you may be wondering which Designer Series papers I used to back my colour blocking of the Heartwarming Hugs. I have used: Harvest Meadow, Peaceful Place Specialty, along with Peaceful Prints. Then I layered behind them as part of my shares that I had Brushed Metallic Cardstock in Bronze, Copper and Gold, along with Red Foil and Black Glitter paper.

I thought this would be a great way to show you how to do multiple cards, how to stamp a stack of greetings and use up some of your Designer series paper! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me!


Now is the time to head over to the next person on our blog hop journey and the lovely Caroline Manwaring is next. I love seeing what Caroline has for us each week. She has stunning, clean cards and she is the Queen of using the subtle embossing folder!

If at any time any of the next blog buttons do not work please head to the host of this week's Tina Gillespie who will have the list of those participating and you can continue you blog hop there. Tina's Blog.

Ok here is the cake! I was asked to make a post apocalyptic ruin with moss and leaves growing.

This is the photos I found to try and replicate.

Here is my attempt! In orange poppy seed as well!

Fun fact I used the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing folder for the texture on the walls and I used the Stitched leaves dies for the texture on the leaves. Stampin' Up comes in handy for cake making as well!

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care



10 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Good grief, Sharon ... when you said you had to come up with a quick design, I wasn't expecting 15 cards! Was that really quicker than a fancy fold??!! LOL. Great way to use those lovely papers.
I am impressed with your creative use of the embossing folder and dies on Sarah's cake. Awesome! Happy birthday to your girl. x

Rachel Woollard said...

Wow, Sharon, what a huge stash of beautiful cards. They all look beautiful

Ros said...

Wow, a quick card and you made 15! You and I must have different definitions of a quick card! LOL. 15 great cards thought!
Love the cake you made for Sarah.

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon you are hilarious and totally amazing! 15 incredible cards and that showpiece of a birthday cake - just wow, wow, wow!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, you make me laugh so much - 15 cards, what the?!!! That is not quick, but you have made a good dint into the paper shares with your lovely creations. That cake is out of this world, you super mum!!!

Michele Taylor said...

Of course, set out to make a quick card.......but make 15 of them. :) You make me laugh Sharon. Your cards are fabulous. I love all the different colour ways and greetings.

Rosa Leyden said...

Wow that’s a big batch of cards and love the different DSP patterns embossed together with the greetings stamped in different ink colours. And that cake! Great imagination and execution.

theresa said...

Haha a quick card and you make 15! Such a good way to use up all of the DSP. Hope Sarah enjoyed the cake and her birthday

Tina said...

OMG, only you would think that 15 cards are quick and easy!! LOL! They look amazing, and your cake is off the charts awesome!

Carussell Crafts said...

You made me laugh at a “quick set of 15 Christmas cards”! Wow girl - these are AMAZING!!! Sharon, they are beautiful! I love everything about them. The colours, the foil, everything. And that cake is fantabulous! Happy 20th birthday wishes to Sarah.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...