Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 20 September 2021

Week 12 - Heart of Christmas

 





Can you believe it we are already half way through our Heart of Christmas series for this year! That can only mean 1 thing! Yes you guessed it! Christmas is not very far away, dare I say only 96 days away! Ok now erase that from your panic stricken mind and let's have some fun with this week's Heart of Christmas Blog Hop.

Rhapsody in Craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints DSP, Hippo & Friends Dies, Harvest Dies, Deer Builder Punch, Bark 3D Embossing Folder, Christmas, Christmas Card,#heartofchristmas2021,#heartofchristmas, Stampin Up

I decided because we were panic stricken to go with the Peaceful Deer so we could all be nice and calm and peaceful!

So for my card today I have combined a few different elements to create this card and placed it all on a base of Evening Evergreen.

I first Gold heat embossed the deer and punched them out with the Deer Builder Punch. For the 2 outside deer I coloured with my Stampin' Blends. I used the Ivory, Light and Dark Crumb Cake for them. The background paper is from the Sale-A-Bration brochure is the Peaceful Prints and I have embossed that with the Bark 3D embossing folder.
Rhapsody in Craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints DSP, Hippo & Friends Dies, Harvest Dies, Deer Builder Punch, Bark 3D Embossing Folder, Christmas, Christmas Card,#heartofchristmas2021,#heartofchristmas, Stampin Up

Behind the deer I have cut out some more of the Peaceful Prints DSP with the Hippo & Friends Dies and stamped the trees from the Peaceful Deer stamp set in Soft Succulents and Evening Evergreen and put that through the Bark 3D embossing folder and fussy cut them out before adhering to the label and popping the deer up on dimensionals. The sentiment is heat embossed in gold and I have used the die from the Harvest Die set as it has the similar shaped end as the label I have cut our for the deer to be on.

Rhapsody in Craft, Peaceful Deer, Peaceful Deer Bundle, Peaceful Prints DSP, Hippo & Friends Dies, Harvest Dies, Deer Builder Punch, Bark 3D Embossing Folder, Christmas, Christmas Card,#heartofchristmas2021,#heartofchristmas, Stampin Up

Under the deer I have splashed across the page some gorgeous Evening Evergreen Open Weave Ribbon

If you have any questions about this card or about Sale-A-Bration and how to get your hands on this beautiful Designer Series Paper for free with a $90 purchase please do not hesitate to contact me before the end of September.


Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey in this weeks Heart of Christmas blog hop and we will be heading to the wonderful Kate Morgan, I love seeing what Kate has for us each week, she is so creative, last week she made the most beautiful craft and rose gold Christmas trees. Just hit the next blog button to head there right now!



I have the privilege of hosting this weeks Heart of Christmas blog hop so if for any reason one of the links does not work you can come back here and continue your hop with the list of participant below.

Kate Morgan
Michele Taylor
Christine Blain
Rachel Woollard
Claire Daly
Theresa Gerrard
Catherine Proctor
Tina Gillespie
Ros Davidson
Caroline Manwaring
Rosa Leyden
Andrea Sargent
Sharon Davern  <=You Are Here


Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today,
take care,


10 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Another beautiful card Sharon, I love how you've featured the gold deer in the center

Rosa Leyden said...

Beautifully coloured deers Sharon and I love the three panels with your Christmas trees, along with the embossed background.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Ooh, I love the look of that birch-patterned paper embossed with the Bark embossing folder, Sharon! All of the Evening Evergreen elements look beautiful, combined with the soft, clean, neutrals. Lovely card. x

Kate Morgan said...

I love your trio of deer, Sharon. The patterned paper embossed with the Bark 3D folder adds wonderful texture. Those tags behind the deer are pretty cool too, but please don't remind me how little time we have left until Christmas!!!

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon that birch-patterned paper looks fantastic embossed with the Bark embossing folder, I love the Evening Evergreen, gold and soft neutrals all together - such a beautiful card!

Tina said...

Your deer look fantastic frolicking across the front of your card, and I love how the ribbon connects them all. A wonderful card.

Claire said...

I really love this card with all your layered elements Sharon! I particularly like the embossed DSP and the gold embossing on the centre deer. Your colouring is great too!

Michele Taylor said...

I love your dancing reindeers Sharon and it was oh so clever to emboss the birch paper with the bark embossing folder. Stunning card.

theresa said...

The combination of that embossing folder on the DSP is a wonderful combination. Such a lovely card Sharon

Carussell Crafts said...

A lovely peaceful and calm card Sharon, just lovely.
The way you have laid down the beautiful Evening Evergreen ribbon makes me think of the reins on Santa’s sleigh.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...