Welcome to week 1 of the Heart of Christmas for 2026. Each week on Monday until the last week of November a group of the Art with Heart team will join together to bring you some Christmas inspiration from the Stampin' Up! Sept-Dec Mini, On Line exclusives or kits and offerings that are available in the On Line store. Make sure you come back each Monday to see who is participating and to see the amazing creations from the team.
Today I have for you a fancy fold that I have been wanting to try and I have as you would expect paired it with the gorgeous Rejoice stamp set in the Sept-Dec mini. I don't know what you call this card fold, I think it is a swing pop up window card but it is super simple to make and so fun so I am glad I finally made one.
For my card today I used a few fun new items and a few that you can still get on the online store as carry over items.I have used the Everyday Arches dies to give the focal point of the card and to frame the nativity of the coloured and stamped image from the new Rejoice stamp set. The card base is Early Espresso card and I have cut that layer out of the base card and the next smaller layer out with Very Vanilla to stamp the nativity scene and to give it that slight border on the front of the card.For the very top layer of the card I wanted to give the impression of the Nativity being in the stable so on the gorgeous new Metal Effects Specialty Paper (which is nice and sparkly gold in this piece) I used this little die from the Nature's Symphony Dies and instead of cutting I used the impressions plate and ran it through the Cut 'N' Emboss machine a few times to cover the front piece that I had already cut the arch.
When you open the card the focal point of the card swings through the center of the arch that you have cut out.On the inside I have a layer Basic Beige card that I have folded in 4 to create the pop up swing of the card. On the far right section I have stamped the Town of Bethlehem and the stars in Early Espresso and left a space for you to write your greating on the other 2 segments I have added a little Yuletide Carols Designer series Paper and on this particular piece the Carol is "The First Noel" which I thought fitted perfectly with the nativity as the Angels told the Shepherds about the birth of Jesus!From tis angle you can see the pop up of the card and to make sure it pops up just make sure you only adhere your focal point to the right half of the image and that first inside pop up section.
I enjoyed my first attempt at this fun fold I hope you give it a go and I should have tried it a long time ago as it is so easy to make.
Now is the time to head to our next amazing team member who is hoppin along with us today and this week you will be going to the wonderful Cathy Proctor. I can't wait to see her creation. Hit the next blog button and you will head straight there.
If at any time one of the next blog links doesn't go where you were expecting you can come back here and continue your blog hop from the list below of the Art With Heart team participating in week 1 of the Heart of Christmas:
Cathy Proctor
Kate Morgan
Judy May
Sharon Davern <You are here
Kate Morgan
Judy May
Sharon Davern <You are here
.jpg)









1 comment:
Snap on the DSP, Sharon! I love your swinging nativity fancy fold card. The Arch die cut perfectly frames the nativity scene and the shimmer paper looks amazing too. I love the tiny Bethlehem stamp inside the card, too. Such a beautiful card.
Post a Comment