Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 27 September 2021

Week 13 - Heart Of Christmas 2021

 

Welcome to week 13 of the Heart of Christmas, today I have for you today a quick design that you can use for almost anything. I have gone back to my Angels of Peace and treated them very simply.
Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Hippo & Friends Dies, Fancy Fold, Christmas Cards, Hinge Fold Card, Flap Fold Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!

So for this card I have made a hinge card or a flap fold card. I am not quite sure what to call it but it is a fun and quick card to make.

The first thing you need to do is cut a normal card base in Soft Succulent and then after folding in half cut a 2.5 cm or a 1 inch strip of the front edge. You will use this for the hinge mechanism.

On the inside of the card I have a Basic White piece of card that I cut at 10 x 14.5 cm and I have also cut a piece of the Tidings of Christmas DSP the same size. Cut a strip off that is 2.5 cm and flip it over and adhere to the Basic White card.

Before adhering the inside of your card down add your hinge. Fold your Soft Succulent strip in half and then cut from the fold on one side to 2.5 cm so it just sits under the DSP so you have lots of space to write.
Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Hippo & Friends Dies, Fancy Fold, Christmas Cards, Hinge Fold Card, Flap Fold Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!

On the front of the card you can attached to the hinge a sentiment or I have attached our lovely Angel which I have Gold Heat Embossed. I have popped it up on dimensionals after cutting a backing in soft succulent and gold foil using the Hippo & Friends Dies. I think these dies in this shape remind me of a lovely mirror!

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Hippo & Friends Dies, Fancy Fold, Christmas Cards, Hinge Fold Card, Flap Fold Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!

On the inside I have place out little Angel.
Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Hippo & Friends Dies, Fancy Fold, Christmas Cards, Hinge Fold Card, Flap Fold Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!

I have heat embossed in gold the 2 sentiments and using another shape from the Hippo & Friends Dies and added them to the front and the inside of the card.

Rhapsody in craft, Angels of Peace, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Hippo & Friends Dies, Fancy Fold, Christmas Cards, Hinge Fold Card, Flap Fold Card, #heartofchristmas2021, Stampin' Up!

This design is quick and you can use many shapes or designs for the sentiment or focal point picture or just use it as sentiment. You do not need to double side it like I have today in this stepped up version.

If you would like any information about my project today or about any of your crafting needs please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next person on our hop around week 13 of Christmas inspiration so just hit the next blog button and you will head over to  Ros Davidson blog. I love to see what she has for us each week she is so creative.

I have the privilege of hosting this week so if for any reason one of the next blog buttons does not work please come back here and  you will be able to continue your journey in our Heart of Christmas Blog Hop by clicking on the list of the participants below.


Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,







9 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I really love the papers you've used on your card, Sharon - and this is such a clever fold. Yes, the die cuts on which you've mounted your angel do look like a mirror! Very cool!

Kate Morgan said...

Oh what an adorable Christmas card, Sharon. I love the soft patterned paper choice and that you added an image to the reverse side of the hinge panel.

Cathy Proctor said...

This is a fantastic fancy fold Sharon and I love the soft colours of the DSP you have used. The die cuts on which you've mounted your angel do look remind me a mirror, it looks great!

Carussell Crafts said...

Sharon, I love your choice of the softer colours and small prints of the Tidings of Christmas DSP with the gold embossed Angel. And the littlest Angel on the inside is such a sweet touch.

Rosa Leyden said...

Your hinged card is beautiful Sharon and so easy to put together and turn into a ‘wow’ card using die cut labels, foils and those beautiful angels.

Ros said...

This really is a clever foldd. The papers you have used are lovely.

Tina said...

Your angels look wonderful, and were the perfect choice for this fancy fold. I agree about the die cut looking like a mirror!

theresa said...

Sharon the DSP you have chosen are so lovely and soft and compliment the angel beautifully. As always the queen of the fancy fold!!

Michele Taylor said...

A very clever fun fold Sharon. I have loved all your angel cards. You have really done the set justice.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...