Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 4 October 2021

Week 14 - Heart Of Christmas

 

Welcome to week 14 of the Heart of Christmas, for this week I thought I would do another fancy fold for you. I know I just can't help myself.

This week I have created a Tri-Corn Fold! Along with this weeks card I am using the Trimmings & Tidings Bundle I have had it sitting there forever but I have been playing with my Angels stamp set and I thought I would get it out and have a play this week.
Rhapsody in Craft, Christmas Trimmings Dies, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tidings & Trimmings, Tidings & Trimmings Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Brushed Metallic Card Stock, Fancy Fold, Tri-Corn Fancy Fold, Christmas Card, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

So for this card the base is is half of your A4 card and you just fold and glue.
Rhapsody in Craft, Christmas Trimmings Dies, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tidings & Trimmings, Tidings & Trimmings Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Brushed Metallic Card Stock, Fancy Fold, Tri-Corn Fancy Fold, Christmas Card, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

It is a good idea once you have made all your folds to cut and adhere your papers before adhering your card finally together in the middle. It is just easier that way. I have used the Brushed Metallic Card stock and the Tidings of Christmas DSP layered on a base of Evening Evergreen for this card.
Rhapsody in Craft, Christmas Trimmings Dies, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tidings & Trimmings, Tidings & Trimmings Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Brushed Metallic Card Stock, Fancy Fold, Tri-Corn Fancy Fold, Christmas Card, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

I kept the decorations quite simple for this card as the fold is so fancy like one of those hats a sailor of the tall ships wear. For my decoration I stamped the sentiment first and then cut out the tag with the Tailor Made Tags  but you could do it the other way round. I knew the angle I kind of wanted it it on but still wanted the word straight. I have stamped the stocking in Basic Gray and cut it out with the Christmas Tidings Dies as well as the star. The Stocking is coloured in with Light and Dark Poppy Parade, Dark Evening Evergreen and Light Soft Sea Foam Stampin' Blends.
Rhapsody in Craft, Christmas Trimmings Dies, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tidings & Trimmings, Tidings & Trimmings Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Brushed Metallic Card Stock, Fancy Fold, Tri-Corn Fancy Fold, Christmas Card, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

I also cut out a couple extra pieced of Basic White to place on the back / inside of the hat for writing.
Rhapsody in Craft, Christmas Trimmings Dies, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tidings & Trimmings, Tidings & Trimmings Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Brushed Metallic Card Stock, Fancy Fold, Tri-Corn Fancy Fold, Christmas Card, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

Of course this card folds nicely flat to fit into our C6 envelopes so it is a fun card to make and send for Christmas.
Rhapsody in Craft, Christmas Trimmings Dies, Tidings of Christmas DSP, Tidings & Trimmings, Tidings & Trimmings Bundle, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Brushed Metallic Card Stock, Fancy Fold, Tri-Corn Fancy Fold, Christmas Card, Christmas, Stampin' Up, #heartofchristmas2021

I have topped off the tag with some Evening Evergreen Sheer ribbon and some white Bakers Twine.

Hope you have enjoyed this fancy fold tonight and if you have any questions about my card today or any of your crafty needs please do not hesitate to contact me.


The next person on our journey around our Christmas blog hop this week is the lovely Judy May, I always love to see how creative she is each week. Can't wait to see what she does this week. Just hit the next blog button to go there now!

The Heart Of Christmas is hosted by the lovely Tina so if at anytime one of the next blog buttons doesn't work just head to Tina's blog and she will have a list of the participants and you can continue you blog hop from there! Tina's Blog

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,


10 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Another clever, elaborate, fold that is completely beyond my capabilities and patience levels! I laughed at you referring to the card as a hat, Sharon. It's beautifully decorated, and a really special Christmas card. :)

Tina said...

That's a really stunning fancy fold, Sharon! I hope that the recipient is suitably impressed!

Ros said...

Wow, a very fancy fold. I think anyone is going to be impressed with this card.

Rosa Leyden said...

A very impressive fold once again Sharon and lovely use of the DSP. Love the colouring of the stocking on your tag and angled sentiment.

Carussell Crafts said...

Wow - what an amazing fun-fold card Sharon! I LOVE the combination of Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent, and the gold foil accents. I’ve not long had my Tailor Made Tags dies and I love them. I love your gorgeous white tag here!

Kate Morgan said...

Aren't these fun to make?!!! I love the papers you have chosen for you Tricorn card, Sharon, and the gold is genius.

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow, Sharon, yet another incredible fancy fold! Every week you outdo yourself again - this one is amazing!

Claire said...

Another Amazing Card by the Fancy Fold Queen! Love the addition of the gold, and you have embellished the card perfectly with the sentiment tag.

theresa said...

And she's back our fancy fold queen. Love this card Sharon as it lets the DSP star

Judy May said...

What an amazing fancy fold, Sharon. Love the gold accents and sweet tag.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...