Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 11 October 2021

Week 15 - Heart of Christmas

 

We are at week 15 of our Heart of Christmas blog hop and each week until the middle of  December the ladies from the Art With Heart Team will bring you some Christmas inspiration each Monday night.

This week I will be doing something in Blue and Silver tones. The reason is my girlfriend wanted to change her colour theme for Christmas this year when we were talking and she wanted to get away from the normal red and green traditional colours and go with blues and silvers. So I am going to challenge myself to make her a card in those colours!

Well I have made her a card but I have kept is quite simple and all about the words and sentiment that I know my friend will like.

Rhapsody in Craft, Heart of Christmas, Christmas Cards, For Unto Us, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Star Dies, Hippo & Friends Dies, Merry Melody 3D, Blending Brushes, Simply elegant Trim, Stampin' Up

So for this card I have started with a Night of Navy card base and layered it with silver foil. I then added an embossed layer of Basic White in the Merry Melody 3D embossing Folder with a little bit of Silver Elegant trim wrapped around it.
Rhapsody in Craft, Heart of Christmas, Christmas Cards, For Unto Us, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Star Dies, Hippo & Friends Dies, Merry Melody 3D, Blending Brushes, Simply elegant Trim, Stampin' Up

On another piece of Basic White I took my blending brush and with Misty Moonlight and Night of Navy I blending the 2 colours together to give the colour for the background of my White Heat Embossed Sentiments. I thought the 2 blended together gave a nice colour of the changing of the night sky. I heat embossed the sentiments from For Unto Us stamp set and cut the centre piece from the Hippo & Friends Dies and the little sentiment from the Stitched Rectangle dies where I made one of the dies fit my purpure by making it a little smaller than the die actually was.
Rhapsody in Craft, Heart of Christmas, Christmas Cards, For Unto Us, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Star Dies, Hippo & Friends Dies, Merry Melody 3D, Blending Brushes, Simply elegant Trim, Stampin' Up,

I have also die cut some silver foil stars from the Stitched Stars dies and added a little bow of elegant trim to finish off the card. On the inside I have added a layer of Silver foil under the Basic White to continue the theme to the inside of my card.

If you have any questions about my project today or about any of your Christmas crafty needs please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to hit the next blog button and head to the next very creative person on our journey in Christmas creativity. This week you will be heading to Christine Blain I can't wait to see what she has for us, I always love seeing her creations and how she uses designer series paper and different textures. 

I have the privilege to host this week so if for any reason one of the next blog buttons doesn't take you to the next blog just come back here and click on the next person on the list below and continue the blog hop from there.

Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,



8 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

You have used my all time favourite colour combination, Sharon - your card is so classic and simply stunning. Love the embossing, the blended blue background, the silver bow and the stitched stars - Basically, I love everything!

Rachel Woollard said...

Your card is stunning in it's simplicity Sharon. The colour scheme is delightful

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

This is so pretty, Sharon; I am sure your friend will love it! The colour blending on the sentiment panels looks lovely, and I really like the crisp white embossed background, with all the silver touches.

Michele and Stephen said...

I love your blue and silver card Sharon and I know your friend will too. I particularly like the blended panel. The two blues work beautifully together and really do look like a night sky.

Tina said...

Your blue and sliver card is perfection. I love the blended sentiment label, and the scattering of silver stars is a lovely finishing touch.

Kate Morgan said...

This card is beautifully assembled, Sharon. I love blue and silver for Christmas and this card is lovely, the sentiment is perfect and I especially love those silver stitched stars!

theresa said...

Such a lovely crisp and clean card Sharon. A white background always looks great

Carussell Crafts said...

I’m sure your friend will absolutely love her Christmas card, Sharon. A lovely blend of the two blues that gives such a soft, velvety look. Love the blues and silver for Christmas. So soft and pretty.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...