Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 19 January 2022

Week 32 - Colour Creation Blog Hop - Old Olive

 

 Hello and welcome to our Colour creation blog hop highlighting Old Olive! I have used the gorgeous new Flowing Flowers from the new Mini Catalogue for my card. 
Rhapsody in craft, Old Olive, Flowing Flowers, Jan-June Mini 2022, Stampin' Up, Masking Technique, Blending Brushes, Brushed Brass Butterflies,#colourcreationsbloghop

I have paired old olive today with crushed curry. To create the background I cut a piece of Basic White card stock and with a couple of post it notes to create a strip down the middle of the card.


I am so loving using the blending brushes so I took them out and blended some Crushed curry and Old Olive.

Once I had enough colour I added it to the Old Olive card base and then  stamped the flowers from the Flowing Flowers stamp set. I Used the Stamparatus and stamped the large flower once with the Crushed curry ink pad. I then inked up the smaller flower with leaves with the Stampin' Write markers Old Olive and Crushed Curry, I stamped and inked multiple times to get a darker colour so that you you have different shades of Crushed curry on the card from the blended background to the front flower!
Rhapsody in craft, Old Olive, Flowing Flowers, Jan-June Mini 2022, Stampin' Up, Masking Technique, Blending Brushes, Brushed Brass Butterflies,#colourcreationsbloghop

I fussy cut the flowers out and for the little splash of gold I used the shimmery gold Ribbon that I have pulled apart to give that wispy look behind the flowers which I have popped up on dimensionals. I just love this sentiment that comes with this stamp set so I thought I would stamp it in Smokey Slate. In the new mini there are these gorgeous brushed brass butterflies and I love butterflies so I had to add them to my card.

I hope you enjoyed the card and the little masking technique. Now is the time to head to the next person which is my lovely friend Tina Gillespie, I always get excited to see what she has for us each week. Last week she made a gorgeous lacy Ombre Night of Navy card I can't wait to see what she has for us today! Just click on the next button to go straight there.
If you find a link broken at any time during the blog hop just head over to our weekly host Cathy Proctor and she will have a list of those from the team participating this week and you can continue your hop from there: Cathy's Blog

If you have any questions about today's card or would like to get your hands on the New Mini Catalogue don't hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today,
take care,



8 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Crushed Curry is a great choice to use with Old Olive, with its yellow tones, Sharon. I love how you used different colouring mediums to provide varying colour intensity in the yellow elements of the card. Lovely work!

Cathy Proctor said...

Great blending work, Sharon – I'm loving my blending brushes too! I love that you've used the same stamp set as Caroline but you've come up with such different colour combinations and cards - both equally as lovely as each other x

Tina said...

Your blended strip is a fantastic base to anchor your gorgeous blooms. Wonderful card. Thank you for the lovely intro!!

Kate Morgan said...

What a beautiful card, Sharon. This stamp set is so beautiful and you have showcased it in a lovely way, with that blended panel behind. I adore how the Gold Shimmery ribbon looks with those wispy pieces, just so soft and perfectly exocuted.

Andrea said...

A gorgeous card Sharon. I love the blended masked section. Using Old Olive and Crushed Curry works so well. Also love your layered fussy cut flowers with the gold strands delicately behind. All so beautiful. Xxx

Rosa Leyden said...

Beautiful card Sharon and colour combination with Crushed Curry and your blending is super smooth! I love this sentiment and the tiny butterflies on your card too!

theresa said...

Sharon your ombre background is just lovely and the addition of the gold ribbon in its random fashion goes beautifully.

Carussell Crafts said...

A gorgeous card, Sharon. I’m loving the colour combo, and those beautiful strands of gold threads look fantastic!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...