Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 29 June 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 9 - Blackberry Bliss

 


Welcome to week 9 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop and this week we are celebrating, ok so celebrating is not the right word, but hey each week we should have a party for each of the colours don't you think? So this week we are having a party for my favourite colour Blackberry Bliss!
Rhapsody in craft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Blackberry Bliss, Stampin' Up!

I have moved away from my Cottage Rose collection and I have made a fancy fold card with the Nature's Print Bundle and the Pretty Prints DSP. I think I will call this fancy fold a Folding Screen slimline card. It reminds me of the Old Fashioned screens for partitioning parlours.
Rhapsody in craft, Blackberry Bliss, Slimline card, Slim line Card, Thinking of you cards, Nature's Prints Bundle, Nature's Prints Stamp Set, Natural Prints Dies, Pretty Prints DSP, Fancy Folds, Folding Screen Card, Stylish Shapes Dies, Spinner Card,#colourcreationsboghop,Stampin' Up

When I saw these gorgeous papers in the pack of Nature's Prints DSP I just knew I had to show them off for Blackberry bliss week.
Rhapsody in craft, Blackberry Bliss, Slimline card, Slim line Card, Thinking of you cards, Nature's Prints Bundle, Nature's Prints Stamp Set, Natural Prints Dies, Pretty Prints DSP, Fancy Folds, Folding Screen Card, Stylish Shapes Dies, Spinner Card,#colourcreationsboghop,Stampin' Up

This is one side of the card and 
Rhapsody in craft, Blackberry Bliss, Slimline card, Slim line Card, Thinking of you cards, Nature's Prints Bundle, Nature's Prints Stamp Set, Natural Prints Dies, Pretty Prints DSP, Fancy Folds, Folding Screen Card, Stylish Shapes Dies, Spinner Card,#colourcreationsboghop,Stampin' Up
....this is the other side.

I have taken a little video to show you how the Folding Screen card with Spinner inserts works.

So how did I put it all together?

I first cut 3 panels of Blackberry Bliss cardstock slightly narrower than a slimline card as you are putting 3 pieces together so it is a bit more bulky than just a normal folded slimline card. 
I cut the gorgeous Pretty Prints DSP to leave a small border of the Blackberry card stock and you need 6 pieces of this one for each side of the card base.
Adhere the Pretty Prints DSP on 1 side only and then using the largest of the circle die from the Stylish Shape dies I cut out the openings for my spinner sections. 1 at the top or one, bottom of the other and the middle of the middle. I eyeballed it but you can measure if you want to be precise as I know there are some of you out there that just have to make sure! Also at this time cut out the circles on the 3 pieces of DSP that are not attached to the card. This takes a little bit of placing and measuring to get in the correct place.
Flip your card over and using the black bakers twine from the Baker's Twine Essentials Pack I attached a stretched out piece with a mini glue dot.
Do this for all 3 sections

Now you can adhere the other piece of Pretty Prints DSP over the top of the Baker's Twine side so that it is secure in place.

To join all your screen sections together cut little pieces of Blackberry Bliss card stock and use the Tear 'N' Tape to adhere them to your screens. You need something pretty strong to hold it together.
Now all 3 sections are together it it time to decorate the spinner sections!

So take the pieces that you have cut out of the card base already and using a smaller Stylish Shape Die cut out the centre of the circle.

Do this with the 3 that are adhered to the card and the 3 that are DSP only so that you have 6 smaller circles.

Now adhere them over the Bakers twine one side with the card stock and DSP, Baker's twine in the middle and then the single piece of DSP. Do that for all 3 sections.
 

Petal Pink goes so well with Blackberry Bliss so I have used that as my Basic White layer so to speak for writing and stamping on. I have stamped the sentiments in Blackberry bliss and cut them out using the Stylish Shape Dies.

For the flower spray on each of the other sections I have stamped the flower from the Nature's Prints Stamp Set in Blackberry Bliss on Petal Pink card and then with the Blender Pen I have just pulled some of the Blackberry Bliss ink out from the centre of the flower into the petals to shade them a little. I have dotted them with the Polished dots and if you are real quick you can order them today as they are retiring tomorrow!
I have used crumb cake and pear pizzazz for the foliage behind the flowers and I cut them all out with the Natural Prints Dies then I cut the flower up to fit in the circle window. Topped off with a bakers twine bow!
I couldn't leave the hinges plain so I took out the  big leaf wreath die from the Natural Prints Dies and cut a few out in Petal Pink. The "Dots" are the little pieces you have left over, the scraps once the leaves are cut. I thought perfect I can use those to decorate my hinges!
Because I didn't want to add a section to the screen for writing I have created another piece for writing to accompany the card. Of course I have stamped it with the flower and used the blender pen again to draw out the Blackberry Bliss into the petals. And don't ignore the back put some of this gorgeous Blackberry Bliss Pretty Prints Paper on the back of the card here as well!
Rhapsody in craft, Blackberry Bliss, Slimline card, Slim line Card, Thinking of you cards, Nature's Prints Bundle, Nature's Prints Stamp Set, Natural Prints Dies, Pretty Prints DSP, Fancy Folds, Folding Screen Card, Stylish Shapes Dies, Spinner Card,#colourcreationsboghop,Stampin' Up

Wow that was a long post so thanks for sticking with me through all the elements of this Thinking of you fancy fold card. Now although it is a slimline card it is a little bit big in this form to fit into the Stampin' Up slim line envelopes but it fits perfectly in a business size 22 cm x 11 cm. Next time I will have to make it a little less bulky to fit into the Stampin' Up! envelopes!

If you have any questions about this card or how to get your hands on these fantastic products please don't hesitate to contact me.
Now is the time to head to the next very creative person on our journey in Blackberry Bliss and this week we will be heading to Amie McIlroy, I can't wait to see what she has for us this week so just hit the next blog button to go straight there.
If at anytime one of the next blog buttons doesn't work just come back here and you can go to the blog of our weekly host Cathy Proctor, she will have the list of everyone participating and you can continue your journey in Blackberry Bliss from her blog: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,







10 comments:

Rachel Woollard said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love your hinges in the screens and the use of the DSP Prints

Tina said...

OMG, just incredible! The spinner parts with the gorgeous flowers are fantastic. Gorgeous card!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Wowser! You've gone all out with your favourite colour this week, Sharon! What a great, creative, impressive card. That paper is glorious, and the spinning elements so pretty. I really love how you finished the hinges ... all terribly clever, my dear!

Amie Mcilroy - Eager To Stamp said...

Stunning card! Thank you for the instructions. I was curious about the spinner parts and then I saw you had three and I was like, fantastic! And then I saw your card was a screen card! Wow!

Rachel Palmieri said...

I was expecting something special from you Sharon and you haven't disappointed. Thanks for sharing how to make it as well, with all your tips too.

Rosa Leyden said...

Wow your triple-fold soinner card is stunning Sharon! It showcases BB beautifully and I love the spinning circles with the additional flowers.

Cathy Proctor said...

Wow, this is a stunner, Sharon. I knew you would knock it out of the park with your fave colour. Thank you for the instructions and I love your video too.

theresa said...

Oh wow Sharon what a beautiful fancy fold card regardless of its title! Just love all the little details like the spinning elements and the look you have achieved with the hinges is fabulous.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunning, Sharon. Thanks for showing how you created this with the 3 panels. The hinges are amazing and then you throw in the spinner pieces too. This is one very special card and recipient is sure going to admire this one!

Andrea said...

Such a gorgeous fancy fold card Sharon. Your slimline folding screen card with the spinner sections is amazing. Like you, I love this DSP which is amazing with the flowers and die cut leaves. The hinges are a special feature too. Xxx

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...