Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 6 July 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 10 - Blushing Bride

 


We are at week 10 already on this years colour creation blog hop can you believe it! That is crazy! Where is the year going? This week we are looking at the colour Blushing Bride, a kind of dusty pink!


I have 2 cards for you this week. One I made a little while ago and then one a little bit more recent that my daughter asked me to make for a person at her work that was leaving.

Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Blessing of Home, Awash in Beauty DSP, Card Sketch, Stylish Shape Dies, Happy Birthday, #colourcreationsbloghop, Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder, Stylish Shapes Dies, Card Sketch, Cup of Tea, Colour & Contour, Awash in Beauty, Scalloped Contour Dies, Stampin' Up, #colourcreationsbloghop

Both cards I decided to use a sketch for the layouts. Over on Dawn Stampin' Thoughts she has 200+ card sketches. 
I use the sketch as a guide and then as they are in inches and convert them to cm's and sometimes I add extra layers!
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Blessing of Home, Awash in Beauty DSP, Card Sketch, Stylish Shape Dies, Happy Birthday, #colourcreationsbloghop,Stampin' Up!
For my first card I have used the sketch and added some layers. I have used the Blessings of Home stamp set. This is a lovely stamp set and I have gold embossed the sentiment and the flower.
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Blessing of Home, Awash in Beauty DSP, Card Sketch, Stylish Shape Dies, Happy Birthday, #colourcreationsbloghop,Stampin' Up!
The Designer Series Paper that I have layered on Mossy Meadow Card behind my flower is from the Awash in Beauty paper pack, it is such a gorgeous paper pack! I used the Blender Pen to add a little of the Blushing Bride ink to the flower as well as some a little Daffodil delight and a little old olive for the leaves. I used the Stylish Shapes Dies for the larger sentiment.

For the second card I used this sketch as my starting point. I was asked to do a pink card by my daughter for a lady who had been on placement at her work and she wanted to give her a card when she left. I still had all my product easy at hand so I used the same colours and DSP for this card and added a couple of things.
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder, Stylish Shapes Dies, Card Sketch, Cup of Tea, Colour & Contour, Awash in Beauty, Scalloped Contour Dies, Stampin' Up, #colourcreationsbloghop
For this card however I changed up the stamp sets. I used the sentiment from the cup of tea stamp set which I think is a great one for just this kind of occasion. I have paired it with the Colour and Contour stamp set which coordinates with the Scalloped Contours dies.
Rhapsody in craft, Blushing Bride, Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder, Stylish Shapes Dies, Card Sketch, Cup of Tea, Colour & Contour, Awash in Beauty, Scalloped Contour Dies, Stampin' Up, #colourcreationsbloghop

For this card I have used a card base of of Thick Basic White then a layer of Mossy Meadow and a layer of Blushing Bride. The Blushing Bride Layer has been embossed with with the Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder. A Layer of DSP from the Awash in Beauty and that is wrapped in the gorgeous new Rose Gold and White Striped ribbon.
The flower is stamped in Mossy Meadow and then in Blushing Bride and cut out with the Scalloped contour dies and the sentiment with the Stylish Shapes Dies!

Hope you get some inspiration about using sketches as a starting point and think about using them to help kick of some of your creativity!

If you have any questions about these projects or would like some of these products to get you started please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our journey of Blushing Bride and this week we will be heading to Christine Blain I can't wait to see what she has for us, she is the master of using Designer Series Paper and Male cards not sure it will be a male card with this gorgeous pink. She is always so creative so just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.

If at anytime the next blog buttons stop working just come back to my blog and you can head to our weekly host the lovely Cathy Proctor and she will have the list of the people playing along so you can continue your journey into Blushing Bride from there: Cathy's Blog.

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care.






 


10 comments:

Tina said...

Your pair of cards are both so pretty! I love the rich green layers, Mossy Meadow is a fabulous accompaniment to Blushing Bride.

Rosa Leyden said...

Two lovely cards Sharon and using sketches helps to design some quick cards. Love the sentiments used especially the tea one and the many layers you have added to both cards.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Great use of the sketches, Sharon ... you've created two lovely cards. I especially love the gold embossing on the first one; it's a lovely complement to Blushing Bride.

Rachel Woollard said...

Two beautiful cards Sharon. Great use of the card sketches, I find them really useful to get me out of my comfort zone and try something new. I would not have thought of gold with Blushing Bride but it goes beautifully.

theresa said...

Both cards are so pretty Sharon and I am sure your daughter's workmate will love hers. Card sketches are a great way to give you a starting point.

Kathryn Ruddick said...

What lovely cards Sharon - great use of the sketches for inspiration - I love all your layers.

Kate Morgan said...

Lovely layering and use of textures, Sharon. The gold embossing adds a fabulous metallic touch and the Mossy Meadow layers work beautifully with Blushing Bride. Gorgeous!

Diane Furniss said...

2 Beautiful cards Sharon. I love Dawns sketches they are sure fun to work with.

Michele Taylor said...

Two lovely cards Sharon. All the layers add so much texture and interest to your cards.

Rachel Palmieri said...

Those layers add such a lot of interest to your cards Sharon. Love the deep Mossy Meadow contrasting against the soft Blushing Bride.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...