Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 20 July 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 12 - Calypso Coral

 

Welcome to week 12 of the colour creations blog hop. This week we are looking at Calypso Coral, a colour I think my Dad would say is one of his favourite colours! I know, I don't understand it but maybe it reminds him of fishing! Stay with me it reminds him of the gorgeous inside of a salmon maybe! Ok Now that you have had a good laugh, I still say it is his favourite colour I just don't know why!

Yes, well I think I will continue my theme of Pretty Prints cards and use that gorgeous DSP as there are 4 sheets of Calypso Coral in this pack and I have already used up all of the Blackberry Bliss so I had better used the other colours so I can buy some more to get more blackberry bliss.

Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pretty Prints DSP, Fancy Fold cards, Nature's Prints Bundle, Pretty Prints, Sun Prints, Stylish Shapes Dies, Thinking of you Dies, Stampin' Up!

So today I have for you a fancy fold. Oh yes that is correct back to a fancy fold!

I have a normal card base size fold in half and then fold the front back on itself to create a "z"

Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pretty Prints DSP, Fancy Fold cards, Nature's Prints Bundle, Pretty Prints, Sun Prints, Stylish Shapes Dies, Thinking of you Dies, Stampin' Up!

On the card base of Calypso Coral I have layered the Pretty Prints DSP then added the Basic White inside after stamping the sentiment. Then I used my take a pick tool to make a small through the layers in the back of the card for the gray granite shimmer ribbon to go through.

On the front of the card you I have attached the focal panel with dimensionals over the ribbon.
Make sure sure you have enough ribbon so when you open the card it doesn't run away through the card and you can't find the ribbon.
Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pretty Prints DSP, Fancy Fold cards, Nature's Prints Bundle, Pretty Prints, Sun Prints, Stylish Shapes Dies, Thinking of you Dies, Stampin' Up!
The front focal panel is a layer of of Calypso Coral Card and a layer of Sun Prints DSP that is Gray Granite and so pretty.
Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pretty Prints DSP, Fancy Fold cards, Nature's Prints Bundle, Pretty Prints, Sun Prints, Stylish Shapes Dies, Thinking of you Dies, Stampin' Up!
For the decoration I have used the stamps and dies from the Nature's Prints Bundle.

I used the to wreath die and cut that out in Basic White and it looks oh so gorgeous and then I stamped the flower 3 times and cut it out with the dies and coloured them with the Stampin' Blends in Calypso Coral. I stamped the large leaf in Old Olive and cut it out with the dies. I then cut them up so that I could make my little flower arrangement.
Rhapsody in craft, Calypso Coral, #colourcreationsbloghop, Pretty Prints DSP, Fancy Fold cards, Nature's Prints Bundle, Pretty Prints, Sun Prints, Stylish Shapes Dies, Thinking of you Dies, Stampin' Up!
I have added a sentiment on the front as well as on the inside that I think go so well together. I have cut it out using the Stylish Shapes dies and then a little banner in Calypso Coral using the same dies behind it and popped up on dimensionals. Hey don't forget to add some bling to the centre of the flowers.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our Calypso Coral journey and today you will head to the talented Rosa Leyden, I can't wait to see what she has come up with for our colour challenge this week.

If you have an issue with a broken link please head to our host Cathy Proctor she has the list of those participating each week. Thanks for all the work each week Cathy: Cathy's Blog

If you have any questions on how to construct this fancy fold or would like to get your hands on these wonderful DSP's and the Nature's Prints Bundle please contact me.
Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,





10 comments:

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love those papers together with the Calypso Coral base.

Rachel Woollard said...

Another stunning fancy fold card Sharon. The addition of the Gray Granite print and the beautifully coloured flowers is delightful

Tina said...

Your card is so beautiful, Sharon! It always seems extra-special to get a card that requires you to undo a bow in order to open it, and this card is definitely extra-extra-special.

Cathy Proctor said...

This is such a beautiful card, Sharon, and the perfect way to use this DSP. You always make me smile, laugh and gasp with your posts – I so look forward to reading them!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

Oh, I had a laugh at your description of your Dad's favourite colour, and the potential reasoning for it, Sharon. I think it's a beautiful colour. :)
Your card is gorgeous. Great idea to use Gray Granite with Calypso Coral. So pretty!

Andrea said...

A beautiful, beautiful card Sharon. Love your use of the Calypso Coral Sun Prints DSP including the Gray Granite side, together with your use of the Gray Granite ribbon. Also love your fancy fold that is tied closed with the ribbon. So gorgeous. Xxx

Rosa Leyden said...

This is a beautiful fancy fold using the various DSP Sharon. The addition of ribbon tied to the card is very elegant and love the coloured elements on your card.

theresa said...

Haha I'd never thought to compare Calypso coral to a salmon but it's a fair point! Had to laugh when you said you need to use the other colours in the paper pack so you cold get more Blackberry Bliss! Having said all of that you have created a beautiful fancy fold card Sharon.

Amie Mcilroy - Eager To Stamp said...

I love this fun fold card. I'm going to have to give this one a go!

Kate Morgan said...

A wonderful fun fold card, Sharon, showcasing Calypso Coral with Gray Granite. That ribbon is so lush and adds a suspense knowing there is something special inside!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...