Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 4 July 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 1- Cascading Display Fun Fold

Welcome to the 2022 Heart of Christmas Blog Hop. We will be coming to you each Monday right up until the last week in November. This means you have lots of inspiration and lots of time to get all your Christmas cards, tags and gift ideas ready before the crazy busy month of December.

So for the first card I always like to do a fun fancy fold card and I found this design on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts and wanted to give it a try

It is a fun card and not hard and in honor our our team header for our Christmas Blog Hops this year I had to use  Trees For Sale stamp set and the Sale-A-Bration Tree Lot Dies!

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, fancy fold card, cascading display fun fold, Tree Lot Dies, Trees for Sale, Christmas Cards, Stampin' UP
It was really fun making this card. and the card base is not hard. 


Cut the base and all the panels and the mechanism and score. Simple right.


Score the base to look like this


Cut of the corners


Add the scored "z" mechanism to both sides then it is time to decorate!

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, fancy fold card, cascading display fun fold, Tree Lot Dies, Trees for Sale, Christmas Cards, Stampin' UP

So for the layers of DSP on my Card base of Crumb Cake I have used the gorgeous Boughs of Holly from the new July - Dec Mini. 2 different designs on the the doors of the cascading fold. I thought the one with the trees was perfect for this card and the other less ornate was perfect for me to add the die cut trees.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, fancy fold card, cascading display fun fold, Tree Lot Dies, Trees for Sale, Christmas Cards, Stampin' UP

The Die Cut trees have a base of Evening evergreen and a layer of Shaded Spruce over the top and of course you need to bling up your trees with the Red and Green adhesive backed pearls.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, fancy fold card, cascading display fun fold, Tree Lot Dies, Trees for Sale, Christmas Cards, Stampin' UP

The whole card folds down to fit into our C6 Envelopes and then cascades open to reveal ......

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, fancy fold card, cascading display fun fold, Tree Lot Dies, Trees for Sale, Christmas Cards, Stampin' UP

Our caravan scene.

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, fancy fold card, cascading display fun fold, Tree Lot Dies, Trees for Sale, Christmas Cards, Stampin' UP

I have slightly sponged the Very Vanilla card with pool party and crumb cake before adding the cutest caravan and the trees. The Greeting is from the Trees For Sale stamp set. I kind of like that soft sea foam door! Just saying!

Rhapsody in craft, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, fancy fold card, cascading display fun fold, Tree Lot Dies, Trees for Sale, Christmas Cards, Stampin' UP

Don't forget to add a place on the back of the card so you can write your message and add another tree while you are there. 

If you have any questions at all about this project or would like to get your hands on the new Jun-Dec Mini with all the Christmas goodies please do not hesitate to contact me.


Now is the time to head to the next talented person on our journey with Christmas inspiration and this week you will be heading to the wonderful Kate Morgan, I love her creativity and can't wait to see what she has for us for our first Heart of Christmas for 2022. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.


If you have any difficulties with the next blog buttons please come back to my blog and each week I have the privilege to host the Heart of Christmas blog hops and I will have the list of everyone who is participating and you can continue your journey from the list below.


Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care, 






11 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Just wow, Sharon. You certainly know how to get the Heart of Christmas blog hop off with a bang. This is such an impressive fancy fold and i love the caravan surprise inside.

Tina said...

My goodness! Your card is absolutely AMAZING! I think this is one of my favourite fancy folds that you've made. What a stunner!

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I love your flagrant (is that the right word?!) use of die-cut trees to decorate this gorgeous card, Sharon. The caravan (the piece de resistance) is utterly adorable. Beautiful!

Rosa Leyden said...

Wow Sharon what a fantastic card to showcase that stamp and die bundle. Love how the tree panels open up to reveal the cute caravan.

Rachel Woollard said...

Amazing card Sharon, so much detail! I love all of the dimension in your card

Kate Morgan said...

Sharon, at first I thought you had made 5 cards, but then realised you have made this fancy fold I have seen a few times. Thanks for sharing the steps as I thought it was going to be more confusing. I love the die cut trees on the front panels, DSP behind and then the caravan with the tree on top! Genius!

theresa said...

Wow Sharon what a great way to kick off the new HOC blog hop! And the final opening of the cute caravan just finishes your card off beautifully

Michele Taylor said...

So glad you started this year's blog hop with one of your fabulous fancy fold Sharon. As usual it is sensational and a fitting tribute to our team header.

Amie Mcilroy - Eager To Stamp said...

I love this gorgeous card fold but I love what you have done with the caravan even more! Great card!

Andrea said...

Oh wow Sharon - such a lovely card and a gorgeous fun fold. I love the way you have decorated the card with the fun trees. Also, love the little caravan - it reminds me of the van we holidayed in before my father’s death so there are special memories. You are so clear with your description so it will be very handy when I give this fold a go. Xxx

Carussell Crafts said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sharon. I’ve tried this fun-fold card and it’s such a great design. I love your festive version!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 50 - Tahitian Tide - Notes of Nature Birthday

  Welcome to week 50 of the Colour Creations Blog Hop this week we are looking at the colour Tahitian Tide.  Next week we will be starting o...