Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 17 August 2022

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 16 - Crushed Curry

 

Welcome to week 16 of the 2022-23 Colour Creations Blog Hop. This week we are looking at a golden yellow called Crushed Curry.
Crushed Curry, Stampin' Up!
Ok so Crushed Curry isn't my favourite of all the colours as I am still traumatised from cutting 1000 crowns out in this colour a few years back but it is a great colour for crowns if you want to use it for that. I know I really need to get over it as it really is a great yellow! My card today I have used a flower that could be like a crown so this is my homage to all those crowns! 😂

So for my card this week I have used a card sketch by Dawn at Dawn Stampin' Thoughts. She has over 200 card sketches and you can use them to give you a place to start off from.
Dawn Stampin' Thoughts, Rhapsody in craft, #colourcreationsbloghop, Crushed Curry
I was asked by my daughter to make a card for a co-worker who was leaving and I was asked to do it in Crushed Curry, she was on placement and hit it off with my daughter so we wanted to give her a card when she left. I used this sketch as a starting point.

Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Crushed Curry, Quiet Meadow, Tea Boutique, Tea Boutique DSP, Cup of tea, Quiet Meadow Dies, Card Sketch, Timeworn Type 3d Embossing Folder, Stitched shapes dies, Layering circle dies,#loveitchopit, Art with Heart, Stampin' Up!

So I used 2 of my favourite stamp set for this card. I am really enjoying the addition of the Cup of Tea stamp set and dies to my collection of products! For this card I have a base of Basic cray that has then been layered with Crushed Curry and Basic White!

You may have noticed that I have turned the sketch to be vertical and moved the sentiment circle. I like using the sketch as a starting off point and then seeing how I can fit it with how I need the card to go!

On a piece of the Tea Boutique DSP which just so happens to be Crushed Curry I stamped the words from the Quiet Meadow stamp set in Crushed Curry all the way down the DSP.
And just because that wasn't enough texture I put it through the Cut & emboss machine in the Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder. I just love the texture this folder gives.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Crushed Curry, Quiet Meadow, Tea Boutique, Tea Boutique DSP, Cup of tea, Quiet Meadow Dies, Card Sketch, Timeworn Type 3d Embossing Folder, Stitched shapes dies, Layering circle dies,#loveitchopit, Art with Heart, Stampin' Up!

I must have been trying a different camera angle here not sure it works, but hey, I don't have the card anymore! LOL! The DSP was then adhered to the top section of the card and then another gorgeous piece of the Tea Boutique DPS was backed with Basic Gray and adhered just below. For the flower panel I have Basic Gray and Smokey Slate and I have used the Meadow Dies and cut the flower out in Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry and So Saffron and layered them together with a slight shadow and a bakers twine bow and some black matt dot bling
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Crushed Curry, Quiet Meadow, Tea Boutique, Tea Boutique DSP, Cup of tea, Quiet Meadow Dies, Card Sketch, Timeworn Type 3d Embossing Folder, Stitched shapes dies, Layering circle dies,#loveitchopit, Art with Heart, Stampin' Up!

Then sentiment is taken from the Cup of Tea stamp set and is just perfect. I have stamped that in Basic Gray and cut it out with the Stylish Shapes dies and backed it with a Crushed Curry Scalloped circle from the layering circle dies.
Rhapsody in craft, #rhapsodyincraft,#colourcreationsbloghop, Crushed Curry, Quiet Meadow, Tea Boutique, Tea Boutique DSP, Cup of tea, Quiet Meadow Dies, Card Sketch, Timeworn Type 3d Embossing Folder, Stitched shapes dies, Layering circle dies,#loveitchopit, Art with Heart, Stampin' Up!

I am really loving working with and stamping on DSP this year and our DSP's are just gorgeous. So I hope you can take some time this week to take care of yourself!

If you need anymore information about this card today or would like to get your hands on the products to make this card or any other Stampin' Up! needs do not hesitate to contact me.

Now is the time to head to the next person on our Crushed Curry Journey and this week you will be heading to Kate Morgan just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there. I can't wait to see what she has for us this week she is fast becoming the fancy fold Queen!

If at anytime the next blog button doesn't work and let's face it technical things happen every now and again, so just head back here and our lovely host Cathy Proctor with have a list of everyone participating in our Crush Curry journey this week. You can find the list on Cathy's blog here: Cathy's Blog

Thank you for spending some crafty time with me today, take care,








10 comments:

Cathy Proctor said...

Sharon, your stamping on and embossing of DSP is giving some great effects to your cards - please keep going! I also love the layering of the flower from the Meadow Dies that you've cut in Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry and So Saffron, it gives a wonderful effect.

Tina said...

Your card is so beautiful. The background DSP looks great stamped and embossed. I really loved the layered floral die cut, too.

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

The stamping and embossing of the DSP panel makes it look like fabric, Sharon - I love it! I agree, the sentiment is beautiful ... as are the shadowed flower die cuts. Lovely card. :)

Andrea said...

A lovely card Sharon. Beautiful details including the stamping and embossing of Crushed Curry DSP layer. I love the layering of your die cut flower - great effect. Also love your combination of Crushed Curry with greys. I’m sure your card will be so appreciated. Xxx

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Whaaaaaa! I want to see it in real life!! I bet it’s even more gorgeous! I love cards that have greys and yellows in the colour combo. Don’t specifically know why, but they always look so good together. I love how you have matted with the two shades of grey.

Rosa Leyden said...

Beautiful card Sharon and I love the textured embossed panel. It certainly is a beautiful sentiment.

theresa said...

Sharon the background you have created by stamping and embossing the DSP looks fabulous. Even though you had previously been traumatised by Crushed Curry this card is beautiful and should help you get over it ;) That sentiment is just beautiful and perfect for this occasion.

Kate Morgan said...

Oh how beautiful, Sharon. This really is stunning and the way you created your own background looks wonderful. You have used that sketch perfectly turning it sideways and using that large die cut flower. Gorgeous card for Sarah to give to her colleague.

Rachel Palmieri said...

What a great sketch you’ve used as the starting point. Then the way you’ve stamped and die cut the various piece brings it all together very sweetly.

Michele Taylor said...

Sketches are great for inspiration and you have certainly used this one to achieve a beautiful card Sharon. I love the embossed dsp and the three layered focal flower. The grey shadow line gives it real depth.

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...