Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 8 August 2022

Heart of Christmas - Week 6 - Peace to You!

Rhapsody in craft, Heart of Christmas, HOC, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Peace to you, Christmas card, masking paper, blending brushes, rectangle stitched dies,Splendid Stems Dies,wink of Stella, Stampin' Up!

Welcome to week 6 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop. This week I have decided to case a card from the Jun-Dec 2022 Mini Catalogue! Did you know that all those great photos of cards are fantastic ideas that you can reproduce yourself!


This is the version in the Jun-Dec Mini,  and here is my version.
Rhapsody in craft, Heart of Christmas, HOC, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Peace to you, Christmas card, masking paper, blending brushes, rectangle stitched dies,Splendid Stems Dies,wink of Stella, Stampin' Up!

So how did I make my version? I started with a Crumb Card Base and then in my version I used the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out a layer of Basic White card. I then used some of the new masking paper and cut it into thin strips and put it on the basic white card to create a rectangle so I could blend inside and have crisp lines.



Before taking off the masking paper I flicked a little wink of Stella over the blended middle. I have used Pool Party to blend my centre but in the sample in the catalogue they have used Balmy Blue.
Rhapsody in craft, Heart of Christmas, HOC, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Peace to you, Christmas card, masking paper, blending brushes, rectangle stitched dies,Splendid Stems Dies,wink of Stella, Stampin' Up!

On another piece of Basic White card I stamped the Nativity scene in Night of Navy and coloured it with the  Stampin blends of Light and Dark Pool Party, Light and Dark Sweet Sorbet, Light and Dark Crumb Cake and Bronze. Then I fussy cut out the image. I also added a little bit of wink of Stella to the star.
In the catalogue they used the Open Leaf Trinkets but I had used all of mines so time to reorder another lot. So what could I do. I thought one of the leaf dies from the Splendid Stem dies looks a little bit like the trinket So I cut one out in copper foil. I cut it apart and then the little but that I had cut off I used on the right side.



Now for the sentiment I have stamped it in Night of Navy onto the Sweet Sorbet card and then cut out with the Stitched Rectangle dies. I have shortened this sentiment like I did my sentiment on Wednesday. Run it through then put the end in and just hit the end in your die cut machine so that you shorten the length of your sentiment. In the example in the catalogue the car is Cherry Cobbler as is the colouring with the Stampin' Blends.

Pop the sentiment up on dimensionals on your card over the leaf.

Rhapsody in craft, Heart of Christmas, HOC, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Peace to you, Christmas card, masking paper, blending brushes, rectangle stitched dies,Splendid Stems Dies,wink of Stella, Stampin' Up!



Of course you need to add some bling and I have used some Basic Rhinestone Jewels compared to the catalogue version of Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels which I didn't have. So I stepped my version up by using the stitched rectangles and I also added the use of the Splendid Stems dies but I think it came out pretty close to the one in the catalogue. So don't forget to give the examples in the catalogue a go!

Here they are both side by side, what do you think of my attempt?
Rhapsody in craft, Heart of Christmas, HOC, #heartofchristmas, #heartofchristmas2022, Peace to you, Christmas card, masking paper, blending brushes, rectangle stitched dies,Splendid Stems Dies,wink of Stella, Stampin' Up!


 
If you need any help at all with this card or would like to get your hands on all of these gorgeous products get in contact with me.
Now is the time to head to the next person on our Heart of Christmas journey for week 6 and this week you will be heading to the wonderfully talented, Tina Gillespie, I love how she uses sketches each week to come up with fantastic different cards each time. I love how she uses them and her take on those sketches. I can't wait to see what she creates this week she always has a stack of cards to make sure we have plenty by the time Christmas is here to get us on ready for sending them out to our family and friends. Just hit the next blog button and you will go straight there.
If for any reason the next blog buttons do not work please come back here as I have the privilege to host our HOC each week and below you will find the list of the amazing creative team members participating this week and you can continue your blog hop from there:

Tina Gillespie:


Thank you for spending some Christmas crafty time with me today, take care,
 



7 comments:

CHRISTINE BLAIN said...

I love your fresh take on the catalogue sample, Sharon; lovely colour choices. This stamp is so beautiful. Every time I see the crisp results it gives, I'm blown away.

Rachel Woollard said...

I love your slightly more colourful version of this beautiful card. I quite often case the catalogue to get my ideas flowing.

Andrea said...

A beautiful card Sharon. I love your take of the card shown in the catalogue. The colours are brighter and happy - just as we are because Jesus came to live amongst us. Xxx

Tina said...

I like your card more than I like the catalogue sample! The bolder colours in yours are far nicer, as is your use of navy instead of black for the stamped image.

Kate Morgan said...

I think your version is fabulous, Sharon. I love the brighter colours you have selected. That image stamps beautifully for a solid stamp. It's great inspiration to CASE the Catalogue too!

Cathy Proctor said...

I love your version, Sharon - it is so much brighter and more colourful than the original!

Michele Taylor said...

I love your brighter version of the card Sharon. And, I agree the catalogue is a wealth of inspiration. I knew you couldn't go two weeks without some bling!!! ;)

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...